Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated May 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 May 7, 2013
CHAPIN, S.C.A South Carolina high school teacher removed from the classroom when he stomped on an American flag while discussing freedom is being paid $85,000 to avoid a legal challenge.
The State newspaper obtained documents under the Freedom of Information Act that show Chapin High School teacher Scott Compton is being paid the settlement by Lexington-Richland District 5, in addition to his salary through June 7.

Compton resigned as part of the settlement after criticism about his actions last December. The documents also show that the school district will pay attorney fees of nearly $32,000 for Compton.

The payments were not disclosed when Compton's resignation was announced March 27.

A school spokesman said Compton's lawyers had indicated they would file a complaint in federal court about school officials who sought his dismissal.

Location hidden

#2 May 7, 2013
Absolutely disgusting
Bushwhwacker

Seattle, WA

#3 May 7, 2013
Compton reportedly performed the act while teaching about symbols and their meaning, making the point that while the American flag is symbolic, the physical flag is merely a piece of cloth -- and his actions would have no ramifications.
P C Free Zone

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 7, 2013
No self-respecting teacher would except this settlement.
Next time the schools start squealing for more money:
JUST SAY NO!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#5 May 7, 2013
Accept, ask a teacher when you "attempt" your GED....
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#6 May 7, 2013
Bushwhwacker wrote:
Compton reportedly performed the act while teaching about symbols and their meaning, making the point that while the American flag is symbolic, the physical flag is merely a piece of cloth -- and his actions would have no ramifications.
Scum, That s the difference between you an Patriotic Americans.

You see cloth, I see the Blood of my Forefathers.

You see Free Shaat for you, I see sacrifice by your neighbors, their Wealth confiscated by the Force of Law just to sustain you!

It is disgusting that any should do without, to maintain you!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#8 May 7, 2013
"Scum, That s the difference between you an Patriotic Americans."

Scum ! That's the difference between you an patriotic Americans.

We're NOT stupid hypocrites !!!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#9 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
"Scum, That s the difference between you an Patriotic Americans."
Scum ! That's the difference between you an patriotic Americans.
We're NOT stupid hypocrites !!!
"We're NOT stupid hypocrites !!!"

That is EXACTLY what you are, "stupid" and "hypocrites".

This is not the worst of it though.

You and your Co-Victims of the Collective are Pathologically Dishonest, and Chronically Hedonistic, damaged by your Defective Egos, but Highly Entitled.

"We the People" will not endure you Sheeple for forever!

Location hidden

#10 May 7, 2013
P C Free Zone wrote:
No self-respecting teacher would except this settlement.
Next time the schools start squealing for more money:
JUST SAY NO!
Yeah, I would love to hear this guy blather on about how it's all about the kids. well, unless he can get his hands on the piggy bank, that is. Then, it's all about him. Screw those snot-nosed little brats.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#11 May 7, 2013
They violated his freedom of speech/expression, remember the Constitution ??? Oh right, only when YOU need it.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#12 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
They violated his freedom of speech/expression, remember the Constitution ??? Oh right, only when YOU need it.
Iddiot,

He has no "Freedom of Speech at his job!

Gawd it must hurt in your head!

(He has the Freedom to be fired for his actions, which he was Free to take, and then face RESPONSIBILITY for HIS CHOICES!)

Ignorant Stupid Sheeple!

Location hidden

#13 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
"Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech." So...what law are you saying Congress enacted to silence him?

He used his freedom of speech to conduct himself in a completely inappropriate way and the students, their parents, and the administration used theirs to censor him and remove him from the classroom. Obviously, you find this outrageous, but the people paying your salary actually get to have a say in how you conduct yourself on the job.

For him to collect an amount more than a year's salary for the district's highest paid teacher because of this is disgusting, but it was probably a good deal for them, just to get rid of him. It does set an ugly precedent though, for the next loser to do something similar when he knows he's about to get the boot, or just wants to move on, and wants some extra cash for the move.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#14 May 7, 2013

U.S. Constitution

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If congress cannot do it, why can a school, again ?? Sorry pal, they settled....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15 May 7, 2013
$85,000 and a letter of recommendation? His lawyer is a real hard negotiator! He bases his case on a first amendment violation, then settles for less than $100,000? Weak Case! Weak Lawyer!

Location hidden

#16 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
U.S. Constitution
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
If congress cannot do it, why can a school, again ?? Sorry pal, they settled....
According to your extremely flawed thinking (and I use that word loosely with you), then congress being banned from establishing a religion means that everyone else is as well.(And yes, I do realize that all the liberals reading that just got all nipply at the thought of banning all religion in the US - at least the Christian religion) Congress cannot prohibiting people from peaceful assembly, so therefore I would have to let them have a sit-in in my home. Fail. Sorry pal, but they settled for the sake of making it all go away, not because he was even close to being in the right.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#17 May 7, 2013
Of course they did, after all religion & freedom of speech are the same, right ??? LMAOROFU~!

Gee, according to your logic, we ALL need to wear black robes at work.... LMAOROTFU~!

Location hidden

#18 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Of course they did, after all religion & freedom of speech are the same, right ??? LMAOROFU~!
Gee, according to your logic, we ALL need to wear black robes at work.... LMAOROTFU~!
All the same amendment, which you posted, and yet obviously fail to understand.

I have no idea what your black robe nonsense is all about, but that's ok. Your whole purpose of being here is, as I suspected, all about being ugly and trying to get a rise out of people. Obviously, you are enjoying yourself, even though you fail miserably. You have clearly had LOTS of experience with failure, and are most comfortable in the midst of it. How nice for you to have found your niche.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#19 May 7, 2013
itser wrote:
<quoted text>
".... obviously fail to understand....
I have no idea what your black robe nonsense is all about ...
I see, you're a moron and appreciate your IRONY.....

Too bad, you're uncomfortable with intellectual discourse, of course this is your "playground", since you failed with logic.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#20 May 8, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>I see, you're a moron and appreciate your IRONY.....
Too bad, you're uncomfortable with intellectual discourse, of course this is your "playground", since you failed with logic.
Slewblomkin using the word "logic"........Hhaha yahahhohihihahah!

Here ya go phony illiterate.

Why don't you and that group of Friends from the Gay 90's, gather up some Red, White, and Blue "Pieces of Cloth" this Saturday Night and head down to the VFW or better yet the Vetrans Home, and have a Wittle "Tshtomp-a-Thon" in fromt of the MEN that shed their Blood on that Flag you despise......You useless waste of flesh!

Maybe you can Fly-in that School Teacher from the Government School, to lead you in a rendition of your favorite tune from the 1980's, "In the Navy", as you practice YOUR Constitutional Rights.

(Bring along the Demokrat's Bill which destory the 2nd Amendment too,I am certain that these MEN who KNOW Sacrifice will be lining up to sign your Collectives Petition on "Gun Banning".

Loser, C'mon, Act on your Principles and go show those Dinosaurs a thing or two!

You Weasel!
Absurd

Saint Paul, MN

#21 May 8, 2013
Why not pay all the criminals in prison $85,00 each for committing a crime. He is a Idiot and doesn't deserve a penny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 1 hr goose 2
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Advertisment 26,226
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr SpaceBlues 32,474
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 5 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 63
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 5 hr cantmakeitup 17
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 5 hr cantmakeitup 3
ISIS eyes Mexican border, says bulletin 5 hr Capt Crunch 4
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 5 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 27
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000