ABC cancels 2 longtime soaps from day...

ABC cancels 2 longtime soaps from daytime lineup

There are 55 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 14, 2011, titled ABC cancels 2 longtime soaps from daytime lineup. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

ABC is canceling the soap operas "All My Children" and "One Life to Live," both programs that have been on the network's daytime lineup for more than 40 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
annon

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 14, 2011
to be replaced with more reality tv/jerry spinger trailer park crap no doubt, it's really hard to understand where some of these decissions come from,
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 14, 2011
"lifestyle transformations" Sex Change Infomercials

“There was one?”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 14, 2011
They could use some more judge shows during those time slots. Then, one could watch " As the Human Trash Turns" all day long.
HORRIBLE

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 14, 2011
THIS IS HORRIBLE! I LOVE SOAPS. HAHAHAH

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#5 Apr 14, 2011
I have been watching both soaps since I was in highschool. Sad to see them go. That's all we need is another cooking show or doctor show.
Ell

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Never watched these or any other soaps myself. However, it makes me a little sad to see them all disappear. With the soaps pretty much vanished from radio and television, it feels like we're losing a bit of Americana that was a part of our culture for sixty-odd years.
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Ell wrote:
Never watched these or any other soaps myself. However, it makes me a little sad to see them all disappear. With the soaps pretty much vanished from radio and television, it feels like we're losing a bit of Americana that was a part of our culture for sixty-odd years.
Translation: Keep women at home.
Takin Ahliq al Muhamed

Burnsville, MN

#8 Apr 14, 2011
Did Luke ever marry Laura?
REDROCKER1 - DARK ANGEL

United States

#9 Apr 14, 2011
I am like totally beside my self!
I have been crying ever sinse I heard this awful news!
40 YEARS!
LOL!!!!!!!
Watch and see how many of the stars they KILL off during the last programs!
Jessica

Laval, Canada

#10 Apr 14, 2011
Say it's not so! I hsve been watching One Life To live forever,the only soap I watch !! I will miss the actors that I've watched for so many years !! I wander when the last show will be?
RepoMan

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 14, 2011
Just another Light Rail casualty.

Cloud Nine

#12 Apr 14, 2011
REDROCKER1 - DARK ANGEL wrote:
I am like totally beside my self!
I have been crying ever sinse I heard this awful news!
40 YEARS!
LOL!!!!!!!
Watch and see how many of the stars they KILL off during the last programs!
I picture Pine Valley and Landview being hit by a bomb and everyone being killed off.

Ryan's Hope ended so long ago I can't remember how they ended that one.

Cloud Nine

#13 Apr 14, 2011
Jessica wrote:
Say it's not so! I hsve been watching One Life To live forever,the only soap I watch !! I will miss the actors that I've watched for so many years !! I wander when the last show will be?
All My Children will be in September and One Life to Live in January.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/entertainment...
Hazen

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 14, 2011
The sad truth is that these "lifestyle" shows are cheaper to produce and air than soap operas, and they bring much more ad revenue as a result. Also, the audience that soaps used to depend upon (i.e. the "stay at home" housewife) doesn't really exist in the modern world anymore, as more and more women are out there in the working world and families are more dependent on duel incomes to make ends meet. The irony is that "All My Children" actually moved its cast, crew and operations last year from New York to LA in an attempt to cut down on those production costs. Little good it did them.
Stpaulie

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Apr 14, 2011
I am embarassed to say I enjoy All My Children, watch it on the soap network in the evening. I'm disapointed to see it go... but the storylines have been very slow of late.
Brandy

United States

#16 Apr 14, 2011
This may kill my momma!
Dawn

Pearland, TX

#17 Apr 14, 2011
I have recorded my soaps and watched them for as long as I can remember. I am sad to see them go for another show about loosing weight. I have had enough on that topic already.
penny

Santa Clara, CA

#18 Apr 14, 2011
You all can take All My Children off the air ,but Not One Live To Live it the best soap the ABC have.
bobo

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Apr 14, 2011
i am so sad about this news one life to live was my show
bobo

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 14, 2011
please can not ya not do this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Daley Crockett and his BLM visit Mayor's of... 49 min Blacks 4
News Roseville Dairy Queen makes annual list of '10 ... (May '10) 7 hr Jim_M 34
Senator Hopes Trump Assassinated 10 hr Davycrockett 22
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 11 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 37,265
Fox news sold out and is fake news now 13 hr Space ace 5
Get Out of Jackson, Wyoming! Fri Tim Shey 1
All these big mouth white boys who never fought... Fri Davycrockett 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages