Remember when Mitt Romney was going to win Michigan?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Smart Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Thanks Michigan, for humiliating Mitt Romney TWICE!

Bill Bennett:

Obama is racing to put the genie back in the bottle. The electoral map is shrinking for him while expanding for Romney. Paul Begala recently admitted the Obama campaign has given up on North Carolina. Meanwhile, GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan recently campaigned in Pennsylvania, a state once thought to be totally out of the reach of Romney and Ryan. According to RealClearPolitics.com 's electoral map, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania are now toss-up states and North Carolina is leaning Romney.
Washington Post:

The new geographic front in the political war focuses on Pennsylvania, Michigan and Minnesota, three states that have backed Democrats dating back at least to 1988 but which Republicans say are ripe for GOP nominee Mitt Romney in his challenge to President Obama.
Dick Morris:

So I think he will win Pennsylvania, and I think he will win Wisconsin and I think he has a very good chance of winning in Michigan. Of course, all of this presupposes that the other side doesn't steal it, which is something we need to work on.
Local Michigan conservative newspaper columnist:

I've always felt Romney should have seen more opportunity in Michigan, where so much of his family and funding base is located, and where his father, George Romney, was a popular governor.

If he comes within a whisker here, as the poll suggests he might, but loses, he'll be kicking himself in the backside for the rest of his life.

Will the last minute spending burst be enough to put Romney over the top? Perhaps.
15.5 million conservative Super PAC dollars:

Crossroads (Karl Rove):$4,713,810
Restore our Future (Romney PAC):$9,506,938
Americans for Prosperity (Koch Bros):$1,210,845

(The Obama campaign spent $461,008 in the state, for the hell of it.)

Romney campaign:

"Michigan is anyone's to win," Romney spokesman Sean Fitzpatrick told CBSNews.com . "Recent polls have the candidates right around the margin of error and the Obama team is simply trying to distract voters from their ever shrinking electoral map. Governor and Mrs. Romney grew up in Michigan, and we will continue to aggressively campaign in their home state."
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 27, 2012
CRASSUS must have stolen my Obamaphone. I want it back!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 2, 2012
Crassus is a homophobic racist who is secretly gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 57 min Analog man 163
Was jesse ventura a good governor? (Aug '12) 5 hr Space ace 43
St Paul eliminated all gang violence 7 hr Answer 11
Obama is Clearly a Muslim 11 hr Bus Driver 166
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 15 hr IB DaMann 33,753
Flight Logs Put Clinton on Pedo Sex Jet 15 hr Space ace 4
Obama state of the b#llsh!t Thu FOVR 48
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out