GOP lawmaker agrees: Itís Ďabsurdí we...

GOP lawmaker agrees: Itís Ďabsurdí we never offered Obamacare alternative

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Since: Apr 12

St. Paul, MN

#1 Apr 18, 2014
Addressing a town hall in his district, a Republican congressman from Florida was unable to defend his partyís failure to offer an alternative health plan to the Affordable Health Care Act, calling their efforts ďabsurd.Ē

Speaking from the back of the room, a constituent listed features of the new healthcare law, asking Rep. Dennis Ross (R-FL) why repealing them would be a good idea.

ďYouíve voted to repeal it approximately 50 times. Had zero votes on a replacement,Ē the unidentified man asked.ďSo my question is, why do you think it is so good to deny seniors on Part D to make them pay more, about $4,000 more for medicine, and people with pre-existing conditions get denied insurance, have 26-year-olds have a harder time getting insurance because they canít get on their parentsí? Why do you think those are good ideas?Ē

ďI think one of the most unfortunate things my party did the last three years was not offer an alternative to health care,Ē Ross responded.ďIíve always felt that way. I think itís absurd when I tell people that this isnít what you should do, but I donít have an alternative for you.Ē
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 18, 2014
I heard him(Ross) on big Eddie show trying to make excuse's for his party at a town hall meeting,we can expect more lying whinning GoP'ers members jumping ship this fall,

2014 payback is a beetch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Frankin remains the actual sexiest man alive 9 min Minnesota miserable 37
Why is Minnesota so liberal 1 hr Minnesota miserable 5
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) 1 hr The Lumber Jack 72
Will This Finish Off The NFL? 4 hr Minnesota miserable 12
Will Franken be reelected? 4 hr The Lumber Jack 3
QB Jameis Winson accused of groping Uber driver Sat Space ace 4
Dimocraps still crying Russia Fri cadescove99 10

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance