1. Starbucks- overpriced low quality coffee served in a pretentious atmospheric setting.
2. Microsoft- a failing software company that has struggled to stay relevant and employs illegal tactics. Hires exclusively FOREIGN programmers/non-locals.
3. Boeing- Moved majority of operations to Chicago, downsizing local manufacturing plants. Failing products, i.e. the infamous "Dreamliner".
4. Costco- An exception to the norm, every state has them.
5. Taco Del Mar- An awful imitation of Mexican food. Disgusting. Watery. Laughable that you would even mention that chain.
6. Dick's Drive-In- Overrated Seattle burger establishment that pales in comparison to real American eateries. Artificial ingredients.
7. Tim's Cascade Potato Chips- Unnatural ingredients, i.e. jalepano flavor.
8. REI- Co-op, therefore members run the company.
9. Eddie Bauer- has not been relevant for decades. REALLY, EDDIE BAUER??
10. NORDSTROM- overpriced department store that cannot compete with SAKS 5 AVE or Bloomingdale's. Laid-off piano players.
11. UPS-Overpriced college with a faculty consisting of glorified high school teachers... also a shipping company that LEFT WA.
12. Almond Roca- Cheap, unhealthy "candy". As fake as a plastic toy.
13. Pike's Place Market- Smells of homeless people's urine, windy/cold, full of pick-pocketers (merchants included)
14. Microbrews- more prevalent in Boston and Portland.
15. Grunge music- Shitty white people music. Daddy issue... cry cry cry... why me??
16. Dale Chihuly Glass- A well-known glassblower with a difficult personality. An alcoholic.
This is coming from someone who has lived and grew-up in the Greater Seattle Area. Washingtonians have this self-perpetuated notion that WA is a good place to live purely out of their lack of worldliness. Washington, if not for a wealth of other bad states, should be considered one of the worst places to live in the US.
Most of the state, aside from Seattle, is a bunch of white ignorant a-holes. Washingtonians are generally unfriendly and prefer to stay indoors. Almost everyone is egocentric and thinks that their opinion matters, to the extent that they come across as obtrusive. The culture is based on being rude, watered down (like Taco Del Mar), and most of all pretentious. The food quality is atrocious, nothing is authentic whatsoever.
Yes, the old growth forest in the Olympics and Cascades are beautiful, but honestly who hikes 365 days out of the year? Furthermore Weyerhauser has bastardized the native forest, damming has ruined the natural salmon runs and has left the native population in shambles, and etc...
I am sorry but I do not agree with you whatsoever. Do yourself a favor and travel. Open up your eyes, go to Spain, go to Hawaii, go to Miami, see what other places have to offer before you speak your mind again. Even states like Kansas and Nebraska are a lot nicer than you think. P.S. every state has their famous residents and large companies.