Rangel Calls NRA Minority Outreach Pl...

Rangel Calls NRA Minority Outreach Plan ‘An Insult’

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 5, 2013
Rangel Calls NRA Minority Outreach Plan ‘An Insult To The American People’

EVAN MCMORRIS-SANTORO 11:11 AM EST, TUESDAY MARCH 5, 2013
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) said on Tuesday during an appearance on MSNBC that he is unimpressed with the recent push by the National Rifle Association to attract minority support in its quest to shut down gun control legislation after the Newtown, Conn. massacre.

"It's an insult to the American people's intelligence for them to continue to do this. And there is no question that they just create things about minorities just going and having rights that never existed," Rangel said. "They make it up and keep moving on and saying what they want to say."
Capt Crunch

Fountain Hills, AZ

#2 Mar 5, 2013
liBeRALs wrote:
Rangel Calls NRA Minority Outreach Plan ‘An Insult To The American People’
EVAN MCMORRIS-SANTORO 11:11 AM EST, TUESDAY MARCH 5, 2013
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) said on Tuesday during an appearance on MSNBC that he is unimpressed with the recent push by the National Rifle Association to attract minority support in its quest to shut down gun control legislation after the Newtown, Conn. massacre.
"It's an insult to the American people's intelligence for them to continue to do this. And there is no question that they just create things about minorities just going and having rights that never existed," Rangel said. "They make it up and keep moving on and saying what they want to say."
Jigros get insulted very easily. Especially at white people who say what they want to say. "It ain't like that on the plantation."
liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 5, 2013
More racist Republicans help ensure the Democrats win the house in 2014!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Rangel? I call his credibility into question.

Rep. Charlie Rangel Fined $23K For Using Rent-Stabilized Harlem Digs As Campaign HQ: UPDATED

BY Celeste Katz

Rep. Charles Rangel and his campaign agreed to pay a $23,000 fine for using a rent-stabilized Harlem apartment as his campaign headquarters for more than a decade, according to federal regulators.

Our Alison Gendar reports:

The Federal Election Commission found that Rangel and his campaign got a sweetheart deal on the rent for a 10th-floor one-bedroom apartment -- what amounted to "excessive in-kind contributions" that Rangel's campaign didn't disclose in its campaign financial forms.

The building's owners should have evicted Rangel from the rent-stabilized apartment once they learned he wasn't living there, the FEC opined.

Instead, the building's owners, Fourth Lenox Terrace Associates, allowed the congressman's campaign to rent the space at well-below market rates from 1996 until the cozy deal was exposed in 2008 and Rangel moved his campaign offices.

The congressman and his wife lived in three adjoining rent-stabilized apartments on the 16th floor of the same W. 135th St. complex.

Rangel's campaign committees' executive director "worked in the office full time and knew it was rent-stabilized," the FEC noted.

Each time the congressman extended the lease, he had to sign documents stating that he was living in the apartment and could not sublet it without his landlord's approval, which he never got.

The National Legal and Policy Center, a Washington watchdog group, filed a complaint against Rangel in 2008 alleging he got an illegal campaign contribution in the form of a dirt-cheap campaign office.

The FEC civil fine will be the latest grist for Rangel's political opponents as he faces a Democratic primary challenge in his bid for re-election in November.

Rangel was censured by the House of Representatives -- the strongest punishment that can be meted out short of getting booted -- in 2010 for bringing discredit to the institution.

Besides the issue of the rent-stabilized apartments, Rangel failed to pay taxes on rental income from a posh villa in the Dominican Republic even as he chaired the House Ways and Means Committee.
liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Guaranteeing victory in 2014 for the Dems!
Capt Crunch

Surprise, AZ

#7 Mar 5, 2013
liBeRALs wrote:
Guaranteeing victory in 2014 for the Dems!
If the Democruds win again, we deserve it.
liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 5, 2013
They will, thanks to people like you.

“I Want To Be Evil”

Since: Feb 13

I Wanna Be Bad

#9 Mar 5, 2013
liBeRALs wrote:
Guaranteeing victory in 2014 for the Dems!
Are you saying that a dishonest crook and tax cheat like Rangel, or Jesse Jackson Jr. Or Ray Nagin, or well you get my drift, are the best the Democrats can come up with to serve the highest offices in the country? Pitiful!
Low information = Low expectations!
Capt Crunch

Surprise, AZ

#10 Mar 5, 2013
Miss Piggy Chops wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that a dishonest crook and tax cheat like Rangel, or Jesse Jackson Jr. Or Ray Nagin, or well you get my drift, are the best the Democrats can come up with to serve the highest offices in the country? Pitiful!
Low information = Low expectations!
If they intend to hold the Jigro vote, they will probably nominate the Black beauty, Michele. Considering, of course, that in the Higro mind, black is beautiful. Haw haw haw.
liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Mar 5, 2013
Still more racist Republican spew that helps ensure the Democrats win the house in 2014!
Capt Crunch

Surprise, AZ

#12 Mar 5, 2013
liBeRALs wrote:
Still more racist Republican spew that helps ensure the Democrats win the house in 2014!
That would be a great assist in the progressive search for the lowesr common denominator. It was in their grasp when the jigro vote gave us Hussein.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 5, 2013
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Jigros get insulted very easily. Especially at white people who say what they want to say. "It ain't like that on the plantation."
Don't you have some Jigros that you can insult down in dixie? or do you just like insulting me since I live across the country from you and you feel secure that you're untouchable?also don't you have a local topix down there were you old boys can talk sht about the good old days,when you was the head overseer for your boss.
Capt Crunch

Surprise, AZ

#14 Mar 5, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you have some Jigros that you can insult down in dixie? or do you just like insulting me since I live across the country from you and you feel secure that you're untouchable?also don't you have a local topix down there were you old boys can talk sht about the good old days,when you was the head overseer for your boss.
Whiiiinnnneeee!! All you ersatz Jigros do is whine and complain. We bring you over from that hellhole in Africa, give you an easy job, feed you, clothe you and take care of you, and still you want more. We even shipped off your least ugly girls, to give them the oppostunity to inprove their race, but you didn't even like that.Well now, you've got your Messiah, lets see how that works out.
Capt Crunch

Surprise, AZ

#15 Mar 5, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you have some Jigros that you can insult down in dixie? or do you just like insulting me since I live across the country from you and you feel secure that you're untouchable?also don't you have a local topix down there were you old boys can talk sht about the good old days,when you was the head overseer for your boss.
We do have a few Jigros here, but the Latinos kind of keep them in line. Oh sure, we still have a number of Jigs that rape and kill, but Sheriff Joe has a Tent City out in the desert to hold them in.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 5, 2013
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Whiiiinnnneeee!! All you ersatz Jigros do is whine and complain. We bring you over from that hellhole in Africa, give you an easy job, feed you, clothe you and take care of you, and still you want more. We even shipped off your least ugly girls, to give them the oppostunity to inprove their race, but you didn't even like that.Well now, you've got your Messiah, lets see how that works out.
Oh Shtttt a ersatz Jigro??? WTF happen to you? your still in Africa mf'er Arizona is hotter and sweater and drier,so it was you who did me a this favor,and as ugly go your mama still
ugliest and the dumbest beetch ever.you koch sucker.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Mar 5, 2013
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Jigros get insulted very easily. Especially at white people who say what they want to say. "It ain't like that on the plantation."
You need to stop pretending that your white,you're a half a mex beetch and the other half is pure waste
mf'errr.

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#19 Mar 5, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>You need to stop pretending that your white,you're a half a mex beetch and the other half is pure waste
mf'errr.
You need to stop pretending you are black. mf'errr.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Mar 5, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop pretending you are black. mf'errr.
You should too Mf'errr!

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#21 Mar 5, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
You should too Mf'errr!
Unlike you, I don't protray myself as something I am not.

And just for the record, I am not a mf'errr like you are. I am a cold hearted bastard.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#22 Mar 5, 2013
The true racists are Democrats, the party of slavery and racial oppresion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 56 min But But But 56
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Mon LIbEralS 17
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Sun texas pete 628
Get Over It! Sat Evil Roy Slade 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Dec 2 Squirtzzz3971 35,607
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages