Adrian Peterson plans to be an every-down back

There are 20 comments on the Aug 26, 2010, TwinCities.com story titled Adrian Peterson plans to be an every-down back. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Thursday was just another routine walk off the practice field until Adrian Peterson's eyebrows arched and his tone rose slightly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#1 Aug 26, 2010
Aaron Rodgers has completed 41 of 53 passes for 470 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions and a 142.3 passer rating in just over 4 pre-season quarters ... Oh, and the Packers beat the Colts tonight 59 - 24 (without Greg Jennings)..... Let's get the season rolling!!!
Seriously

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Aug 26, 2010
By 'every down back', does he mean he wants to play on every down, or put the ball down on every play?

I'd like a clarification on this.
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

#3 Aug 26, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
Aaron Rodgers has completed 41 of 53 passes for 470 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions and a 142.3 passer rating in just over 4 pre-season quarters ... Oh, and the Packers beat the Colts tonight 59 - 24 (without Greg Jennings)..... Let's get the season rolling!!!
Well where are all the Viking fans hiding now??? Good game for an exhibition, Congrats.
ex favre fan

Hager City, WI

#5 Aug 26, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text> Well where are all the Viking fans hiding now??? Good game for an exhibition, Congrats.
Ya, it's real quiet!......I think it's between DA'PACK,@ DA'BEARS,.........And maybe even DA'KITTYS!.........Preseason doesnt mean much.........But to IDIOT queens fans?...IT DOES!.........There shaking in there boots!....Thats what they do!..Haahhahahh idiots!
FudgePackerKilla

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Aug 26, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
Key word is pre-season.

FudgePackerKilla

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 Aug 26, 2010
In the article, Fowler calls Peterson the "offensive centerpiece". The problem is, is that he isn't. Now that BF's in town, it's his show. The Vikes need to change that and make Peterson the "centerpiece" again, like he was before BF's arrival. If they don't, the season is destined for failure.
Seriously

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Aug 26, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, it's real quiet!......I think it's between DA'PACK,@ DA'BEARS,.........And maybe even DA'KITTYS!.........Preseason doesnt mean much.........But to IDIOT queens fans?...IT DOES!.........There shaking in there boots!....Thats what they do!..Haahhahahh idiots!
Looks like our favorite troll is out on work release again.
John Mundt Prescott WI

Conrath, WI

#9 Aug 26, 2010
AP - VIKING KILLER. Send him to the Raiders, maybe we can get a gym bag for him.
ezg357d

AOL

#10 Aug 26, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, it's real quiet!......I think it's between DA'PACK,@ DA'BEARS,.........And maybe even DA'KITTYS!.........Preseason doesnt mean much.........But to IDIOT queens fans?...IT DOES!.........There shaking in there boots!....Thats what they do!..Haahhahahh idiots!
Come now stop dreaming the bears & Cutler the way he was tossing the football around was a joke to high to knox if hes going to be the go to guy jay needs to throw the lower to Knox. The bears other receivers if you can call them a receiver They was droping the few good throws by Cutler & the Bears defense I would say ugh says it best, No pass rush, wide open tight ends over the middle . A screen pass going the distance If I was you Bear fan I wouldnt be here lol at a few problems the VIKES are having when you should be worrying about the Bears over all team. Should I say last place in the North this year .The Lions have a better chance at winnig the North this year then your team & yes I got to say The Packers offence looks good Aaron looks good But so did your backup QB Flynn > Its the Packers starting defense the Colts walked down field scored frist at one point the Colts was leading 17-7 not intill the second string of the Colts was out there did the Pack stop them from moving the ball. As far as I see both of your teams needs a lot of work. Like i said about the packers What good is it if your offense can move the ball if it only scores when the others teams second string is out there also what good is it if your frist string defense lets the other teams offense out score them Like I said I dont see any problems the VIKES cant handle with any of these two teams they Both have to many problems to over come. GO VIKINGS
Sherm

AOL

#11 Aug 27, 2010
Judged:

Packers were down 17 to 7 at start of secong quarter.......get real
Sherm

AOL

#12 Aug 27, 2010
Last year the Packer fans wre saying the Pack
had the best defense in the NFL....then the Pack gave up 71 points to Vikes in two games, and was that 50 they gave up to the Cardinals in the playoffs.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#13 Aug 27, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
Hey numb nutz, the article is about Peterson and the Vikes, you must have seen the word Peter and thought it to be PHALLIC in nature so you commented-FREAK.
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#14 Aug 27, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey numb nutz, the article is about Peterson and the Vikes, you must have seen the word Peter and thought it to be PHALLIC in nature so you commented-FREAK.
yah I know ... like how I highjacked the article to talk about the Packers?..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA .... blow it
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#15 Aug 27, 2010
Sherm wrote:
Judged:
Packers were down 17 to 7 at start of secong quarter.......get real
yah ... hell of a come back, wasn't it
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#16 Aug 27, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text> Well where are all the Viking fans hiding now??? Good game for an exhibition, Congrats.
Bare-Butt...We aren't hiding..we are waiting to see the Packers rip you a new one, and turn Cutter into a Bear Rug....
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#17 Aug 27, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
<quoted text>
yah ... hell of a come back, wasn't it
That was a good game, from the view point of the Packers..However do you really think that all the Packer games will turn out that lopsided?
oldviking

Virginia Beach, VA

#18 Aug 27, 2010
Better get some blockers or he'll be suffering from migraines,sore hips and ankles...GO Adrian!
Who Dat Charlie

Covington, LA

#19 Aug 27, 2010
FudgePackerKilla wrote:
In the article, Fowler calls Peterson the "offensive centerpiece". The problem is, is that he isn't. Now that BF's in town, it's his show. The Vikes need to change that and make Peterson the "centerpiece" again, like he was before BF's arrival. If they don't, the season is destined for failure.
Please give AP the ball come 9/9/10. Saints are waiting for him. New guys on the DL and Vilma in the middle. Saints +5 in take-aways after the first game.

WHO DAT
TWO DAT

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#20 Aug 27, 2010
more carries..more fumbles..do the math
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Aug 27, 2010
Unfortunately for Peterson, Favre's ball handling telegraphs the running play. He does that to slow down the rush on a play action pass. What's good for Favre is bad for the running back.

Peterson will have to do it on his own, with no deception from the QB. If they chose to continue with Favre's technique, the offense will move with the pass and Peterson will often be tackled behind the line.

Third down situations will be long, and Peterson will have to be pulled for a back that can pass block.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Seven officers injured, one unresponsiv... 5 min LIbEralS 18
News Joe Soucheray: Plenty of ideas would trump that... 12 min Minneserable 2
Where did Freddy Gray work?? Or attend college?? 36 min Minneserable 5
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Minneserable 34,199
Message For (MSP) St.Paul , Minnesota Police De... 3 hr Red_Riot 12
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 11 hr Analog man 225
Stillwater Police Seek Public's Help Finding Mi... 15 hr Berry Lewis Obumma 1
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]