Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

As of February 18th, 2013, the number of rounds of golf played by the Golfer-In-Chief is...

http://obamagolfcounter.com/

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

That's funny. Thanks.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

non-starter wrote:
As of February 18th, 2013, the number of rounds of golf played by the Golfer-In-Chief is...
What? No scores posted?

That is one very sad, yet very funny link.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

"That title falls to Woodrow Wilson, who reportedly played about 1,200 rounds during his presidency. Dwight Eisenhower is the runner-up at 800, according to his memorial commission."

Guess men play golf, you kids wouldn't understand....
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

The honor for the most golf played goes to Woodrow Wilson. It's said that he played at least a few holes each day -- even in the snow -- reportedly logging more than 1,000 rounds in his two terms. Maybe that's why the League of Nations failed.

The best presidential golfer is widely acknowledged to be John F. Kennedy, usually shooting around 80. But suffering from Addison's disease and a bad back, Kennedy didn't play much while he was in office. He spent more time in his Oval Office rocking chair than on the links.

Clinton, a passionate golfer whose foundation is associated with the recent Humana Classic in Palm Springs, California, was best known for taking Mulligans, a somewhat extra-legal do-over shot in a friendly match. The press even coined a term for them -- "Billigans."

Franklin Delano Roosevelt often played at his family's summer home in Maine before he was stricken with polio. A good golfer who never played while in office, he nevertheless made his mark on the game with his public works projects that led to the development of many public access golf courses, including one of the very best in the country, the Black Course at Bethpage State Park on Long Island, New York, the site of two recent U.S. Opens. Roosevelt left quite a lasting legacy on the game.

Lyndon Johnson played the game, warning his playing partners that it wasn't proper to beat the president. Most significantly, he used his outings on the links to secure votes for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The best athlete as president? Easy: Gerald Ford, a former All-American football center at the University of Michigan. An avid golfer, right after Jimmy Carter was sworn in replacing him, Ford immediately flew to Palm Springs to play golf with Bob Hope in his Pro Am just hours later.

There's more: President William Howard Taft, our 27th president, was so obsessive about the game he played in exhibition matches with top-notch players after his term of office; President Calvin Coolidge, who never did get the hang of the game, left his clubs behind when he left the White House; President Richard Nixon, always seemingly politically motivated, was said to have taken up the game to cozy up to Eisenhower and remain on the ticket as his running mate for a second term; and President Ronald Reagan, who was known to putt down the aisle of Air Force One into the section reserved for the national press.

There is golf royalty associated with our presidents. George H.W. Bush's grandfather, George Herbert Walker, a former U.S. Golf Association president, donated the Walker Cup, the trophy for the prestigious international biannual amateur team matches. And Bush's father, Prescott, was also smitten with the game, serving as president of the golf association as well and officiating at a number of Bobby Jones' matches.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

non-starter wrote:
Translation: The battery rework design took less than a month, this is my (non-smarter's) official swallow crap moment, again.(Sure Hertz.)
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: The battery rework design took less than a month, this is my (non-smarter's) official swallow crap moment, again.(Sure Hertz.)
The plane has been grounded over 3 months. The re-work includes the time it takes to get back in the air flying commercially, low integrity poster.

Additionally, this is my only moniker.

Now back to the topic at hand, instead of cutting back on his golf rounds with the additional security they require, Obama takes a publically visible route, the White House tours. I hope the putter in chief has some integrity left somewhere.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Nope, I simply said battery rework, poor loser troll..
Next, tell the nice folks, you're a pink elephant riding, drunken loser...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Translation: The battery rework design took less than a month, this is my (non-smarter's) official swallow crap moment, again.(Sure Hertz.)
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>The plane has been grounded over 3 months. The re-work includes the time it takes to get back in the air flying commercially, low integrity poster.
Now back to the topic at hand, instead of cutting back on his golf rounds with the additional security they require, Obama takes a publically visible route, the White House tours. I hope the putter in chief has some integrity left somewhere.
A "publically" visible route or publicly ??? Just wondering... how an idiot, knows nothing about spelling, but has such insight into a MAN'S mind...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Say YEPO con, it makes MORE SENSE, than the nonsense YOU WRITE !~!

How did your welfare food taste, con ?? Folks want to know... how to judge YOU. Did your 4 daughters get fat, from MY labors ??? Was your wife proud of the "provider" ?? Do you pretend manhood to compensate ? Is that why you blather from SO MANY monikers ??

NOT A MAN CON, you NEVER WILL BE....

LMAOROFU~!

WHOOO HOOOO !!!!

'
Look at the icons stick... Nice "work", con ???

''Look at upset "daddy" spam... Daddy, where were you ???
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>The plane has been grounded over 3 months. The re-work includes the time it takes to get back in the air flying commercially, low integrity poster.
So, "grounded" means NOT "flying commercially", so ALL private pleasure aircraft are permanently GROUNDED ??? Good to know... guess Cirrus, your Chinese aircraft maker, has lots of grounded planes...
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>A "publically" visible route or publicly ??? Just wondering... how an idiot, knows nothing about spelling, but has such insight into a MAN'S mind...
Correcting others' spelling again princess? This always ends badly for you. Give up the spell check princess bit before you get slapped down again.

Is there a difference between "publicly" and "publically?"?

I know "publically" is often seen as either an incorrect or alternate spelling of "publicly," but dictionary.com refers to some quasi-law term when defining "publically," suggesting to me that there's an actual usage difference between these words. Is there anyone out there who definitively knows if there's an actual difference in meaning between these two words?

The Columbia Guide to Standard English says there is no difference between the two words; they are just two different spellings, with "publicly" being the most common and accepted form. I imagine "publically" is used more often in law because it is a bigger word and looks more impressive :-)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Now go run that piece of mental floss from one ear and out the other, it must be itching in your small cranium today.
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

So, "grounded" means NOT "flying commercially", so ALL private pleasure aircraft are permanently GROUNDED ??? Good to know... guess Cirrus, your Chinese aircraft maker, has lots of grounded planes...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

non-starter wrote:
PUBLICLY ???
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

pubĚlicĚly
/&#712;p&#601;blikl &#275;/
Adverb

So as to be seen by other people; in public.
Used in reference to views expressed to others and not necessarily genuinely felt.
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>PUBLICLY ???
Princess, I slapped down your supposed correction. Maybe you should work on that reading comprehension again. Here it is again for you to peruse, even though you are unlikely to understand it.

Correcting others' spelling again princess? This always ends badly for you. Give up the spell check princess bit before you get slapped down again.

Is there a difference between "publicly" and "publically?"?

I know "publically" is often seen as either an incorrect or alternate spelling of "publicly," but dictionary.com refers to some quasi-law term when defining "publically," suggesting to me that there's an actual usage difference between these words. Is there anyone out there who definitively knows if there's an actual difference in meaning between these two words?

The Columbia Guide to Standard English says there is no difference between the two words; they are just two different spellings, with "publicly" being the most common and accepted form. I imagine "publically" is used more often in law because it is a bigger word and looks more impressive :-)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ...

Now go run that piece of mental floss from one ear and out the other, it must be itching in your small cranium today.
Christingle Matthews

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>PUBLICLY ???
Who was it that shamed you about your sub standard package?

I think it was Mommy, and that Uncle Daddy joined in the Laughter.

Did Mom and her Brother also shame you with other "folks" in the Ghetto?

EVERYTHING you post reflects your sexual dysfunction and the damaged ego that controls your misery.
Get some help, or better yet, just "check out"!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Loneliness and bitterness. Years of both. And likely some sort of childhood trauma/sexual abuse. Poor con......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The truth about arab aggression against israel 4 min redeemer 18
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 7 min LIbEralS 31,845
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 2 hr Captain Yesterday 10
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr EASTER 26,172
The Impeachment Delusion 7 hr Seattle Slime 9
Get away from the cities and all the crime 9 hr Bellweather 4
Springtime in Chicago 9 hr Bellweather 28
•••
•••