Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Moderate Republican group to remove ‘Republican’ from name, welcome Democrats

Source: Yahoo News

The Republican Main Street Partnership, a Washington-based group that has promoted moderate GOP lawmakers and policies, will remove the word "Republican" from its title and welcome center-right Democrats in 2013, Yahoo News has learned.

The organization's board of directors voted Tuesday morning to scrap party identification from its title and be known simply as "The Main Street Partnership." The group's new president, former Ohio Republican Rep. Steven LaTourette, told Yahoo News that he plans to begin conversations with Blue Dog Democrats and centrist groups in the coming months.

"The goal is to try and fill the void that is the middle," LaTourette, who resigned from Congress this year, said. "The American political system is like a doughnut: You've got sides, but you don't have anything in the middle, and it would be my goal to work with Republicans and Democrats who want to find the path forward to getting things done and compromise."

In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, LaTourette added:“While we have changed our name, we have not changed our values or our mission. We will continue to be a right of center organization and continue to represent the governing wing of the Republican Party."

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/moderate-r...

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Good.

If you are going to legislate as a Democrat, at least be honest and say you are a Democrat.

Bye-bye RINO's.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
Sounds great to us on the left - more moderates deserting the Republicans leaving just the unelectable extremists.
The difference is that we Conservatives are man enough to live responsibly and provide for our families in the tradition of what caused the USA to become the greatest nation in the universe.

Moochers like you who live off of the earnings of others will cause the US to become another Greece. When that happens, those able to provide for themselves will be living elsewhere. You will then have to pay your own way or suffer the consequences.

Good luck to you.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

We will miss them, NOT!
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Consistent wrote:
Moderate Republican group to remove ‘Republican’ from name, welcome Democrats
Source: Yahoo News
The Republican Main Street Partnership, a Washington-based group that has promoted moderate GOP lawmakers and policies, will remove the word "Republican" from its title and welcome center-right Democrats in 2013, Yahoo News has learned.
The organization's board of directors voted Tuesday morning to scrap party identification from its title and be known simply as "The Main Street Partnership." The group's new president, former Ohio Republican Rep. Steven LaTourette, told Yahoo News that he plans to begin conversations with Blue Dog Democrats and centrist groups in the coming months.
"The goal is to try and fill the void that is the middle," LaTourette, who resigned from Congress this year, said. "The American political system is like a doughnut: You've got sides, but you don't have anything in the middle, and it would be my goal to work with Republicans and Democrats who want to find the path forward to getting things done and compromise."
In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, LaTourette added:“While we have changed our name, we have not changed our values or our mission. We will continue to be a right of center organization and continue to represent the governing wing of the Republican Party."
Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/moderate-r...
They can't be trusted!Once a snake always a snake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>They can't be trusted!Once a snake always a snake.
your right,like Kerry and Fonda!!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

"While we have changed our name, we have not changed our values or our mission. We will continue to be a right of center organization and continue to represent the governing wing of the Republican Party." Not much to see here.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>your right,like Kerry and Fonda!!
Do you mean Ollie north and chicken sht John Mccain

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean Ollie north and chicken sht John Mccain
You say tomato, I say tomato! Both sides have their villians & their heros!
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You say tomato, I say tomato! Both sides have their villians & their heros!
Well stated!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You say tomato, I say tomato! Both sides have their villians & their heros!
villains & heroes....But you knew that, with your "education", right ?
Capt Crunch

Sedona, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
villains & heroes....But you knew that, with your "education", right ?
(Using the Slimes tactics, I stole this from another forum.)

Ya know ... they've developed a new surgical procedure for people like you. It's called an 'Optiplexy'. What they do is remove some skin from the abdominal area and surgically implant a piece of plexiglass ... so that people (like you) who CHOOSE to keep their heads up their a$$ can see where they are going. It is an elective surgery ... let me strongly suggest that you consider it. It must be awfully dark in there.
Haw haw haw.Blessed be the cut and pasters.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

How's that working, Capt ??? Notice, I wrote the word "working" to you as an insider JOKE !! LMAOROTFU~!
Intent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
How's that working, Capt ??? Notice, I wrote the word "working" to you as an insider JOKE !! LMAOROTFU~!
Lemme quote the Topix Psychotic Slewsie,

"can I make stuff up and be impotent ???"

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
(Using the Slimes tactics, I stole this from another forum.)
Ya know ... they've developed a new surgical procedure for people like you. It's called an 'Optiplexy'. What they do is remove some skin from the abdominal area and surgically implant a piece of plexiglass ... so that people (like you) who CHOOSE to keep their heads up their a$$ can see where they are going. It is an elective surgery ... let me strongly suggest that you consider it. It must be awfully dark in there.
Haw haw haw.Blessed be the cut and pasters.
Brilliant! Let's hope this advice is seriously considered.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Fellow Posters,

I am dead serious when I say Topix needs to be held to account for allowing the Self Declared Dangerous Sociopath, Seattle Slewage (And all her other Name Stealing Persona's), to continue to post here.

Not because of the Scumbag she is, but because she needs to have more stringent controls placed on her in order to protect those around her.

She WILL go Columbine one day, and Topix needs to be held to account for not doing the right thing.

I ask the Seattle Sociopath to "Go to the Light" in all seriousness. I hope she goes alone, and soon, BEFORE she decides that as a Victim, others need to suffer on her way out!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

It is unfortunate that this administration has divided the country, deliberately, in order to win an election. They created this class warfare in order to get elected. They have used the same stradegy in attempt to elevate those who have not the same talents or ambitions and drag down those who have. They scream "equality" for social issues, but ignore the costs! They want to have the same opportunities, yet don't want to pay the price! They are the sole reason Conservatives will continue and eventually prevail. It is unfortuante so many of their supporters don't have the ability to see beyond their next welfare check. This is now my grandchildren's problem.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

It is unfortunate that this administration has divided the country, deliberately, in order to win an election. They created this class warfare in order to get elected. They have used the same stradegy in attempt to elevate those who have not the same talents or ambitions and drag down those who have. They scream "equality" for social issues, but ignore the costs! They want to have the same opportunities, yet don't want to pay the price! They are the sole reason Conservatives will continue and eventually prevail. It is unfortuante so many of their supporters don't have the ability to see beyond their next welfare check. This is now my grandchildren's problem.
It is a rare occasion that I disagree with your wisdom, Niether. However, this is one of those rare occurances.

It is now your grandchildren's grandchildren who will carry the burden of the over spending of this Administration. That is...it will be there problem if there still is a USA when they are born.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I read this somewhere, funny how "stories" change....

Trolls/ball sack boi<quoted text> If you can find a flux capacitor, I will travel back in time with Michael J Fox, log in to Topix, and complain about Bush, Sure! You wont catch me defending Bush. He made PLENTY of mistakes.
I have never said Bush didn't make mistakes. I will even admit that they affected Obama's presidency...

IrishMN <quoted text>
When have you ever seen me beating the drum for Bush by saying he did not start diggin us into the hole we are in?
The best thing Bush did was leave office.
We could not afford 4 more years of GWB.....

Yet, ALL of you hypocrite humper bois CRY, whenever we mention ANY Bush culpability !??? WOW ! What a pair.... Mae West would be proud of you boobs ! LMAOROTF !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a rare occasion that I disagree with your wisdom, Niether. However, this is one of those rare occurances.
It is now your grandchildren's grandchildren who will carry the burden of the over spending of this Administration. That is...it will be there problem if there still is a USA when they are born.
Unfortunately, you are probably right. What is frustrating is we are not dealing with high school drop outs here, we are dealing with lawyers snd economists who have, in many cases MBA or PHD's in their repective fields, yet fail to understand the basic rules of economic freedom. How can you possibly believe, based on the history or this country's economy, that spending more money, bringing more people to the middle versus letting success survive and bring along the rest, will or can bring on prosperty? People need help!, sure help them who really need it, the rest of them need to either find a way to survive or move to Mexico! Sorry, harsh, but after almost 50 years of working to get where I am, I refuse to let some unelected bureaucrat in Washington DC tell me I have to support those who are too lazy to support themselves. The Democrats have succeeded in creating a society of "entitlement minded morons" and have no friggin idea how to pay for them! OH, and taxing the rich,, don't work, not enough to make it happen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info