Minnesotans brace for bitter cold.

Minnesotans brace for bitter cold.

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Coal Dragger

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Bitter cold is no big deal. It's sweet cold that you have to watch out for. Minnesoootans have become babies. When I was a kid they wouldn't cancel school until it was 43 deg below zero. I used to walk to school backwards wearing a coat of many colors.Now big deal.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jan 5, 2014
Coal Dragger wrote:
Bitter cold is no big deal. It's sweet cold that you have to watch out for. Minnesoootans have become babies. When I was a kid they wouldn't cancel school until it was 43 deg below zero. I used to walk to school backwards wearing a coat of many colors.Now big deal.
And you had to climb a mountain both to and from school.
The only time I heard of a kid being out in cold weather like that is when my late grandfather sent his youngest son(my dad) to the liquor store in the middle of a blizzard raging thru North Dakota in the 1930s... And the store was a good four blocks from the house they had in the town.
She still HATE the USA

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 5, 2014
Coal Dragger wrote:
Nowadays the Government workers can't get the busses started so the kids might not get a ride to school. One of those entitlements. We used to walk backwards as well, nowadays kids can't walk backwards, it's not politically correct.

Cows stand with their butts into the wind, even cows can figure it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) 2 hr USA now 3rd world 93
Another st.paul murder 5 hr USA now 3rd world 15
Tell the Liberal main stream news to get laid 11 hr Amp 1
Im getting drunk 12 hr TruDat 5
Lancaster Brand Turkey is a RIPOFF (Nov '11) 19 hr Edward Thomas 9
CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose suspended after sexu... Wed USA now 3rd world 16
Will This Finish Off The NFL? Wed cadescove99 36

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance