Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Among other things, this is what is wrong with this country.

This woman was robbed of almost $50K and is now homeless after being abused by the Obama Administration, Fannie Mae, and JP Morgan Chase Bank.

This incestuous relationship between Wall Street and the government has got to be stopped. No matter how much Barack Hussein Obama denies it, his Administration is in bed with Wall Street.

Govt picks the winners and losers now, rather than the marketplace deciding who wins. That is wrong.

----------

5 years of foreclosure fight in Rush City ends in homelessness

Article by: PAT PHEIFER , Star Tribune

June 30, 2013 - 8:05 PM

Mardee Jerde’s things are stacked in a storage unit and a pod. Her neat ranch-style home on Clover Way in Rush City, Minn., sits vacant. She’s living with a kindhearted friend.

Jerde, 70, has been fighting foreclosure proceedings since 2008 and was the subject of a Whistleblower article in the Star Tribune in August 2011 after she paid JPMorgan Chase almost $50,000 — leaving her almost penniless.

Two days after acknowledging receipt of Jerde’s money order, the mortgage holder told her she didn’t qualify for a permanent loan modification that would allow her to stay in her home. After being contacted by the newspaper, a bank spokeswoman said she would “try to find a solution.”

But after holding out false hopes for a loan modification — and staying her in home — for nearly two additional years, Jerde’s time was up two weeks ago. The Chisago County Sheriff’s Office delivered a notice of eviction on June 17 and, two days later, Jerde was homeless.

Jerde said she’s still tending her flowers, including two magnolia trees she planted, at what she still considers her home.

“All my plants are blooming right now,” Jerde said last week.“I didn’t see my irises blooming. I put those plants there. I can’t just let them die.”

Her attorney, Bill Butler, said Jerde’s house currently belongs to the Federal National Mortgage Association, more commonly known as Fannie Mae, which essentially bought the debt from JPMorgan Chase for $10, just four months after Chase accepted Jerde’s money. Jerde still has the keys, until Wednesday, he said, when officials will change the locks.

Butler has filed a last-ditch effort to hold off the eviction, at least for a while. Chisago County District Judge Robert Rancourt said last Monday that he would issue a temporary restraining order against Fannie Mae if Jerde posted at least a $2,000 bond.

She’s done that, Butler said, but Fannie Mae has petitioned to move her second quiet-title lawsuit to federal court. A previous suit by Jerde was dismissed in federal court in August 2011.

A quiet-title lawsuit disputes the ownership of the debt, Butler said.

“My view is that all 62 million mortgages [held by Fannie Mae] are potentially flawed,” he said.“We just need to get through the door to litigate the case to lift the curtain on this issue.”

Jerde has said all along that she never would have given JPMorgan Chase a money order for $49,825 if she’d known she’d end up out of her house. That money, she said last week, would have covered modified mortgage payments until this month.

Butler puts it more bluntly.“JPMorgan Chase stole $49,000 from this woman and they lied about it,” he said.“They said they could do a modification and didn’t.”

Jerde has endured myriad health crises, including lupus, fibromyalgia and most recently breast cancer. She’s survived all of those and, she said, she’ll survive this.

“You’ve got to look for the blue sky,” she said.

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/213768...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

She owed $50k in late payments....

Jerde can reclaim her house if she can somehow pay off her outstanding mortgage balance of over $200,000 by Aug. 23.

At 70 she has little chance to pay for the home & a track record that verifies she's a bad risk. Without the car wreck settlement, she didn't have the $50K

If you owned a home & sold it out to someone & they stopped paying the payments, what would you do ?

Ask for ME to pay more taxes ???

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
Among other things, this is what is wrong with this country.
This woman was robbed of almost $50K and is now homeless after being abused by the Obama Administration, Fannie Mae, and JP Morgan Chase Bank.
This incestuous relationship between Wall Street and the government has got to be stopped. No matter how much Barack Hussein Obama denies it, his Administration is in bed with Wall Street.
Govt picks the winners and losers now, rather than the marketplace deciding who wins. That is wrong.
----------
5 years of foreclosure fight in Rush City ends in homelessness
Article by: PAT PHEIFER , Star Tribune
June 30, 2013 - 8:05 PM
Mardee Jerde’s things are stacked in a storage unit and a pod. Her neat ranch-style home on Clover Way in Rush City, Minn., sits vacant. She’s living with a kindhearted friend.
Jerde, 70, has been fighting foreclosure proceedings since 2008 and was the subject of a Whistleblower article in the Star Tribune in August 2011 after she paid JPMorgan Chase almost $50,000 — leaving her almost penniless.
Two days after acknowledging receipt of Jerde’s money order, the mortgage holder told her she didn’t qualify for a permanent loan modification that would allow her to stay in her home. After being contacted by the newspaper, a bank spokeswoman said she would “try to find a solution.”
But after holding out false hopes for a loan modification — and staying her in home — for nearly two additional years, Jerde’s time was up two weeks ago. The Chisago County Sheriff’s Office delivered a notice of eviction on June 17 and, two days later, Jerde was homeless.
Jerde said she’s still tending her flowers, including two magnolia trees she planted, at what she still considers her home.
“All my plants are blooming right now,” Jerde said last week.“I didn’t see my irises blooming. I put those plants there. I can’t just let them die.”
Her attorney, Bill Butler, said Jerde’s house currently belongs to the Federal National Mortgage Association, more commonly known as Fannie Mae, which essentially bought the debt from JPMorgan Chase for $10, just four months after Chase accepted Jerde’s money. Jerde still has the keys, until Wednesday, he said, when officials will change the locks.
Butler has filed a last-ditch effort to hold off the eviction, at least for a while. Chisago County District Judge Robert Rancourt said last Monday that he would issue a temporary restraining order against Fannie Mae if Jerde posted at least a $2,000 bond.
She’s done that, Butler said, but Fannie Mae has petitioned to move her second quiet-title lawsuit to federal court. A previous suit by Jerde was dismissed in federal court in August 2011.
A quiet-title lawsuit disputes the ownership of the debt, Butler said.
“My view is that all 62 million mortgages [held by Fannie Mae] are potentially flawed,” he said.“We just need to get through the door to litigate the case to lift the curtain on this issue.”
Jerde has said all along that she never would have given JPMorgan Chase a money order for $49,825 if she’d known she’d end up out of her house. That money, she said last week, would have covered modified mortgage payments until this month.
Butler puts it more bluntly.“JPMorgan Chase stole $49,000 from this woman and they lied about it,” he said.“They said they could do a modification and didn’t.”
Jerde has endured myriad health crises, including lupus, fibromyalgia and most recently breast cancer. She’s survived all of those and, she said, she’ll survive this.
“You’ve got to look for the blue sky,” she said.
http://www.startribune.com/local/south/213768...
Welcome to Obamanomics. We can send billions to Syria, Africa, Israel, Egypt, etc. but we can't seem to help the elderly when they are in a pinch or manage to feed those 16,000,000 children in America who go hungry every night. And it doesn't matter who is in office. It's despicable.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Have you done ANYTHING, to feed kids ??

Oh right, your "job" is to blather ridiculously, refuse to pay taxes, and assign blame to particular groups..... & DO NOTHING....but smoke & stink.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Obamanomics. We can send billions to Syria, Africa, Israel, Egypt, etc. but we can't seem to help the elderly when they are in a pinch or manage to feed those 16,000,000 children in America who go hungry every night. And it doesn't matter who is in office. It's despicable.
Did I just see we are giving $700 BILLION to various African Nations to upgrade their electrical grid?

Hey, Obama...come back home.

We can not afford you putting us deeper in debt by trying to buy influence from countries where people live in mud huts.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

I LOVE, how you boil down a story to make your crapola chowder....

Poor old moniker, hate is eating you up. LMAOROTFU!

Can I tell you you're off topix or do we suspend rules for moniker mutts ???
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

I'll tell you what's wrong with this country.
Justice for All

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Have you done ANYTHING, to feed kids ??
Oh right, your "job" is to blather ridiculously, refuse to pay taxes, and assign blame to particular groups..... & DO NOTHING....but smoke & stink.
Reported
Justice for All

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
I LOVE, how you boil down a story to make your crapola chowder....
Poor old moniker, hate is eating you up. LMAOROTFU!
Can I tell you you're off topix or do we suspend rules for moniker mutts ???
Reported
Flip

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

You crack me up Irish.

A white woman doesn't make her house payments and you cry "foul!"

A person of color doesn't make their payments and you cry "throw the bums out!"

You are a real piece of work.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

787 flying...so, you sound STOOPID, RIGHT ???
Flip

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
On he flip side, you sound racist.
I've noticed that's your latest denier tactic to being called a racist. Call them a racist. haha. sad.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Flip wrote:
You crack me up Irish.
A white woman doesn't make her house payments and you cry "foul!"
A person of color doesn't make their payments and you cry "throw the bums out!"
You are a real piece of work.
Dumbo Jr, I challenge you to prove anything of what you said about a person of color.

How many times have you come on here and made claims you can not back up? 100? 500? Over 500?

Internet trolls like you are a dime a dozen.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Hertz AT Sea-Tac....

Trolls like you are useless....

Kinda like your 4 door Cora-Vair, the only woman that did,'t RUN !!!

Now that's knee-slappin' stuff, right there !!!!

LMAOROTFU~!

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I just see we are giving $700 BILLION to various African Nations to upgrade their electrical grid?
Hey, Obama...come back home.
We can not afford you putting us deeper in debt by trying to buy influence from countries where people live in mud huts.
Why yes. Yes you did. Not to mention millions of dollars in weapons to Syria's rebels. Spending problem!
Vote out every last republican and democrat in office.
Flip

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbo Jr, I challenge you to prove anything of what you said about a person of color.
How many times have you come on here and made claims you can not back up? 100? 500? Over 500?
Internet trolls like you are a dime a dozen.
Incorrect. I would not pay a dime for a dozen of you.

Your lies have been proven a hundred times over. Making claims you can not back up is your stock and trade. How do you think you got the name "Irish Liar". You earned it. I bet you're a real mouse of a man in person. Boo! haha

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Flip wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. I would not pay a dime for a dozen of you.
Your lies have been proven a hundred times over. Making claims you can not back up is your stock and trade. How do you think you got the name "Irish Liar". You earned it. I bet you're a real mouse of a man in person. Boo! haha
Isn't that cute? Dumbo Jr tries another of his patented little twist and shout routines.

You still have only made claims and not ever provided one iota of proof regarding any of your attempted hatchet jobs on me.

Keep trying little man.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that cute? Dumbo Jr tries another of his patented little twist and shout routines.
You still have only made claims and not ever provided one iota of proof regarding any of your attempted hatchet jobs on me.
Keep trying little man.
Huh. Just like fake Seattle poster. What a surprise.

It's the low information, no integrity people like that who define what is wrong with this country. They want everything their way, they want to be protected from the evils of the world 24/7, and they want every one else to pay for it.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh. Just like fake Seattle poster. What a surprise.
It's the low information, no integrity people like that who define what is wrong with this country. They want everything their way, they want to be protected from the evils of the world 24/7, and they want every one else to pay for it.
"...and they want every one else to pay for it."

A simple little phrase that defines what today's Liberal has become.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

She owed $50k in late payments....

Jerde can reclaim her house if she can somehow pay off her outstanding mortgage balance of over $200,000 by Aug. 23.

At 70 she has little chance to pay for the home & a track record that verifies she's a bad risk. Without the car wreck settlement, she didn't have the $50K

If you owned a home & sold it out to someone & they stopped paying the payments, what would you do ?

Ask for ME to pay more taxes ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Willernie Mayor invites 500 Central American mi... 2 hr cowboy chris 2
NOTHING GOOD comes across an unsecured border 6 hr Bellweather 2
Introducing THE Boeing Nightmare Liner 787 (Feb '13) 7 hr Bellweather 781
marcus bachmann can 'cure' you of being gay... 11 hr Space ace 2
Bellweather 11 hr Space ace 2
Rick perry sends national guard to border 11 hr Space ace 16
White House fears impeachment 15 hr marcus 8
•••
•••