Carney: Rubio’s Message Same As Romney’s

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 13, 2013

Source: TPM

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday that Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) presented the same policy ideas that Mitt Romney ran on when he delivered the Republican response to the State of the Union Tuesday night.

"I would say one thing, which is that while the messenger may have changed, the message we heard last night from the Republican speaker was entirely consistent with the policy ideas that Mitt Romney campaigned on last year that the American people did not support," Carney said during his daily press briefing Wednesday. "If you look at the remarks by Senator Rubio last night, they could have been delivered by Governor Romney in their policy essence."

Carney did mention Rubio's push for bipartisan immigration reform, saying that aside from that one issue, the comparison to Romney holds up.

Read more:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
minorities 2 hr cowboy chris 3
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr don t drink the k... 35,586
Sick hillary 3 hr LIbEralS 27
Definition of Liberal 15 hr Family 2
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Thu LIbEralS 560
Wikileaks highlights Oct 19 LIbEralS 35
Trump is Totally Unqualified Oct 18 Honor Student 5

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages