Bob Costas' anti-gun editorial during half time of Sunday Night Football

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Dec 5, 2012
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Bob Costas just did an anti-gun editorial during half time of Sunday Night Football

Based on a Jason Whitlock article...

This is the part he quoted:

What I believe is, if he didnít possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

That is the message I wish Chiefs players, professional athletes and all of us would focus on Sunday and moving forward. Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belc...

Clip of the editorial: http://youtu.be/uOi7If0zW9s
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Costas is an IDIOT, and I stopped taking him seriously a LONG TIME AGO.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Diggers is a broke moron and nobody takes you seriously...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Costas is a piece of sh..
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#6 Dec 3, 2012
DSM is a gnat, that Costas would ignore....
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
Costas deserves a medal for his truth and honesty.
Costas is neither TRUTHFUL or HONEST.. He is a TOOL of the leftist, mainstream media. How many of you know of his "history" in the media, where he went to school, etc.??

Sounds like another obamamama wannabe. This PUNK will say anything to make a BUCK.
jerry

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Dec 3, 2012
digger wrote:
Costas is an IDIOT, and I stopped taking him seriously a LONG TIME AGO.
Whitlock's an even bigger piece of dung. This is the racist that referred to a certain part of the 'Asian' anatomy after a game starring to Jeremy Linn of the NY Knicks. The guy's slime!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#9 Dec 3, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Costas is neither TRUTHFUL or HONEST.. He is a TOOL of the leftist, mainstream media. How many of you know of his "history" in the media, where he went to school, etc.??
Sounds like another obamamama wannabe. This PUNK will say anything to make a BUCK.
Actually, he's a successful, intelligent, caring sportscaster and you're a broke moron...Just FYI....
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 3, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, he's a successful, intelligent, caring sportscaster and you're a broke moron...Just FYI....
NO, he's NOT, am I am FAR from BROKE. He may be more "popular" than me, but face to face, I would make him pee his pants, and it wouldn't take LONG.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Diggers is a broke moron and nobody takes you seriously...
You are an IDIOT, and your "reputation" is well-noted....
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 4, 2012
The truth:

What I believe is, if he didnít possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

That is the message I wish Chiefs players, professional athletes and all of us would focus on Sunday and moving forward. Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#15 Dec 4, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
The truth:
Maybe if the majority of NFL jiggers weren't on steroids this would not have happened. Jiggers, roids and guns don't mix.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 4, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if the majority of NFL jiggers weren't on steroids this would not have happened. Jiggers, roids and guns don't mix.
Your mama gives the jiggs,a great BJ on steroids,that how she got the name deep throat.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#18 Dec 4, 2012
Forget there's drug testing and don't care about honesty, right crassass ??? Gee, how did you lose the last election, LOSER ~!
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#20 Dec 4, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Forget there's drug testing and don't care about honesty, right crassass ??? Gee, how did you lose the last election, LOSER ~!
You know very little about PEDs and how difficult the can be to detect.

"Moreover, that the cycling of anabolic steroids leads to bigger and stronger football players and, hence, to on-field violence of an increasing scale should concern those who worry about the future of football and those who play it. The NFL tests for PEDs, yes, but when those tests turn up positive, it's back-page stuff. In 2006, Shawne Merriman made the Pro Bowl after testing positive for steroids. In 2010, Brian Cushing won a re-vote for AP Defensive Rookie of the Year despite having tested positive for banned substances. And so on."
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-base...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#21 Dec 4, 2012
So, you agree you lied, right ??? You posted a lie and now admit you can't prove it, so you're not a man, never have been.... Poor crassass, dumb as well as dishonest... LMAOROTFU~!
mike o

Forest Hills, NY

#22 Dec 5, 2012

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#23 Dec 5, 2012
mike o wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/opi nion/blame-men-guns-article-1. 1213390?localLinksEnabled=fals e
100% correct.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#24 Dec 5, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an IDIOT, and your "reputation" is well-noted....
Give you $100 for your "car", LOSER ~! LMAOROTFU~!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#25 Dec 5, 2012
Pretty hard to shoot someone at any distance without a gun, but I guess this explains why the Indians lost...which of course, escapes a teabagger "mind"....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game 44 min Whiny1 85
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr LessHypeMoreFact 32,494
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 4 hr Billy 39
Men who don't like football 9 hr Victor 10
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 9 hr Pietro 78
Bar Abilene in Uptown closes 12 hr cowboy chris 1
Happy Labor Day. Are Unions Dead? 12 hr UncleSi 4
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs