White House: No debt deal unless tax rates on top earners go up

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 29, 2012
White House: No debt deal unless tax rates on top earners go up

Source: The Hill

White House: No debt deal unless tax rates on top earners go up
By Amie Parnes - 11/29/12 01:52 PM ET

White House press secretary Jay Carney said Thursday there will be no deficit deal unless Republicans agree to raise tax rates on the wealthiest households.

“There can be no deal without rates on top earners going up,” said Carney, who reiterated that the president will not sign legislation that extends the Bush-era tax rates for the wealthy.


“This should not be news to anyone who was not in a coma during campaign season," Carney said of the president’s stance on taxes.

Carney’s ultimatum came on a day in which both sides dug in and appeared to move farther apart on a deal to prevent tax hikes on most households and crippling spending cuts to defense and non-defense budgets set to hit in January.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domesti...

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Good. I hope Obama drives his Liberal Limo right over the Fiscal Cliff.

This is the US and all citizens are to be treated equally. Punishing some because they worked hard to be successful is wrong. Everyone needs to pay their fair share. Everyone.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Good. I hope Obama drives his Liberal Limo right over the Fiscal Cliff.
This is the US and all citizens are to be treated equally. Punishing some because they worked hard to be successful is wrong. Everyone needs to pay their fair share. Everyone.
And as we often say, there is a serious spending problem that will never be resolved by taxes. It can only be resolved if we can start getting honest decent people who care about the nation elected to public office.
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Taxes are lower now than they have been in decades. The rich need to step up to the plate and start paying their fair share again.

We need a return to 1960's era tax rates for the richest Americans.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Consistent on Welfare wrote:
Taxes are lower now than they have been in decades. The rich need to step up to the plate and start paying their fair share again.
We need a return to 1960's era tax rates for the richest Americans.
You really are a clown.

51% of households pay no Federal Income Tax. When will they pay their fair share?
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 29, 2012
They already DO pay their fair share in total taxes. Now we need to get the rich moochers to start paying their share.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Consistent on Welfare wrote:
They already DO pay their fair share in total taxes. Now we need to get the rich moochers to start paying their share.
Some get money back from the federal government at the end of the year from various credits. I guess if you provide nothing of use to society, nothing is your fair share, is that your point?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Consistent on Welfare wrote:
Does anyone have some Phillips vodka that I can borrow?
From reading your posts, I was extrapolating that you had consumed quite a bit already.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone have some Phillips vodKa that I can borrow?
Amused Slew

United States

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Libertards should study the Cuban economy.

They have managed the country the way Obama and his handelers want to mange the USA!

In Cuba there is NO upper 2%, there are NO cars newer than 1955.

The Cuban economy pre-dates the moon landing back in the 1970s.

Do you really want to sign on to Obamanomics?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Fake Skew is obviously a deceitful fool, nuff said...LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Nov 29, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Fake Skew is obviously a deceitful fool, nuff said...LMAOROTFU~!
Fake Skew is actually using more facts in a sentence than you can reference in an entire posting without cutting and pasting articles. See, that is the difference. It is the application of the knowledge to actual results that differntiate you two. I will always know which is which just by observing the more relevant and factual to not be you.
goose

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 29, 2012
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Fake Skew is actually using more facts in a sentence than you can reference in an entire posting without cutting and pasting articles. See, that is the difference. It is the application of the knowledge to actual results that differntiate you two. I will always know which is which just by observing the more relevant and factual to not be you.
I hate it when people 'differntiate' me.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Nov 29, 2012
"I will always know which is which just by observing the more relevant and factual to not be you."

I "personally", liked this convoluted English teachers nightmare...So, can you 'differntiate' me some more ???

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#17 Nov 29, 2012
When you are only capable of pointing out someone's spelling error instead of arguing facts, you have lost the battle and the war.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#18 Nov 29, 2012
When you can't spell, go back to grade school, moron...Ps-
The term Gentile (from Latin gentilis, by the French "gentil", female: "gentille", meaning of or belonging to a clan or tribe) is used by English translators for the Hebrew, &#1490;&#1493;&#14 97; (goy) and &#1504;&#1499;&#15 12;&#1497; (nokhri) in the Hebrew Bible and the Greek word &#7956;&#952;&#957 ;&#951; (éthn&#275;) in the New Testament.
.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#19 Nov 29, 2012
When you are only capable of pointing out someone's spelling error(comma) instead of arguing facts(period)You have lost the battle and the war.

Oddly enough, you're saying poor spelling is winning, huh ???
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#20 Nov 29, 2012
I WIN !!!

The term Gentile (from Latin gentilis, by the French "gentil", female: "gentille", meaning of or belonging to a clan or tribe) is used by English translators for the Hebrew, &#1490;&#1493;&#14 97; (goy) and &#1504;&#1499;&#15 12;&#1497; (nokhri) in the Hebrew Bible and the Greek word &#7956;&#952;&#957 ;&#951; (éthn&#275;) in the New Testament.
.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 29, 2012
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate it when people 'differntiate' me.
Hahahaha that was funny,I feel on them drunk speaker,they must have given them drunk
their disability checks early this month LOL hehehehe
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 29, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Fake Skew is obviously a deceitful fool, nuff said...LMAOROTFU~!
We know Champ,but he's not smart enought to be deceitful to anyone but himself,and he is a fool in everybody eyesight and that fact is a non-starter hahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 1 hr Liberal 4
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr SpaceBlues 33,111
Hillary clinton "businesses dont create jobs" 14 hr Sangelia 31
Franken Campaign Goes After McFadden for Sellin... 17 hr goose 1
African Aid Workers Are Not Heros 21 hr cantmakeitup 3
How the Dem intend to win this November 22 hr LIbEralS 5
The Liberal Ebola Nurse 22 hr cantmakeitup 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]