Minnesota Twins' Kevin Slowey moving ...

Minnesota Twins' Kevin Slowey moving to DL; pitcher coming from Class AAA Rochester

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 25, 2011, titled Minnesota Twins' Kevin Slowey moving to DL; pitcher coming from Class AAA Rochester. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Twins are close to putting Kevin Slowey on the 15-day disabled list because of a mild abdominal strain and recalling a reliever from Class AAA Rochester, probably Jim Hoey, manager Ron Gardenhire said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mr smooth

Fredericksburg, TX

#21 May 26, 2011
a vikings fan better stay a vikings fan. it's clear you know nothing about the twins and baseball.
Heywood jablowme

United States

#22 May 26, 2011
Better to be one of the first ones off of this sinking ship. Watch the White Sox pick him up for next to nothing.

Lebanon, MO

#23 May 26, 2011
Get rid of the Whiner....we don't need players like him on the team.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#24 May 26, 2011
gloria wrote:
i bet mauer and slowey are best friends!
I dont think so, Slowey made one mistake, he doesnt kiss Gardy's butt..
Chuck Norris

Maple Grove, MN

#25 May 26, 2011
Slowey=GARBAGE. Good riddance.

Saint Paul, MN

#26 May 26, 2011
The Twins are a bunch of sissies, the whole lot of them.

Saint Paul, MN

#27 May 26, 2011
Get the hell out of here with a retractable roof. If it rains, it rains. Miller Park is like a cavern and the Skydome is the third worst place I have ever seen a ballgame at, barely topping the Kingdome and the Metrodome. But this is all beside the point.
Everything starts with ownership, which groomed and selected Bill Smith. His first order of business, trade what was the best starting pitcher in baseball, at the time, and left-handed no less, for a pile of dog feces. Deolis Guerra and Jim Hoey for Johan Santana. Better yet, our hands weren't tied with the trade, we could have taken a better package (e.g. Yankees or Bosox), waited to the All-Star break to stimulate competition/desperation, or let him walk and take the two sandwich picks. Then the D-Bag/Harris for Garza/Bartlett trade. Wow. A hothead with a live arm and a dependable shortstop with a good stick and ability on the basepaths for the worst fielding utility man in Twins history and a chubby left-fielder who, when he is motivated, is a solid line drive hitter, but who happens to run like Ron Cey, which is pretty awkward for an outfielder.
Then last year, the trade for Capps, and then $7 million for a guy who throws a straight fastball at 94-95 MPH, which requires pinpoint control. Everytime he catches a lot of the plate, the ball gets hammered. We let a couple of reliable guys walk due to dollars and then we threw a bunch at a so-called closer. The bleakest thing about all of this is the young talent on the Royals and Indians. These teams are going to throw a wrench in our traditional blueprint of having five starters capable of winning 10-15 in a gimpy division so we can hang another AL Central banner and then fold up like the Washington Generals in October. This year, we chose to roll over in April which stinks for a fan. For all of the talk about how we were going to change our philosophy in the new big ballpark, I watched Span get his fourth SB of the year the other night, which puts him on pace for about 14. And then we send Revere down so we can activate Jason Repko? Really? I'm not salty, because I still love watching them, but this is getting absurd.

“Great place to live”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MN

#28 May 27, 2011
Ryan wrote:
Good point about Nathan, but then that would make the front office look bad for giving Nathan a big contract. Same reason we're stuck with Capps because we traded a good catcher for him, so we had to stick with him instead of cheaper, stronger relievers. Stubborn egos has taken this team way down.
That catcher woould look pretty good right now. We can't tolerate these hitters below the Mendoza Line.
how about those twins

United States

#29 May 31, 2011
great team only 17 wins - save your time and money, this team is going to struggle for years to come, you can thank the pretzel boy from st paul for the destruction of this team, small market teams can not pay the stupid contracts. now we are on the hook until 2018, yes 2018.
Gas wrote:
Yea right Gardy you bring up the two worst pitchers in Hoey and Hughes guess you haven't learned that they are only good minor league pitchers not major league. So when the lose more games for us you can blame the other pitchers., Gardy you no manager who doesn't know how to motivate or encourage your players to put effort in their play. You are even playing The Japan player at short which makes no sense, but again you suck! Suck! I mean Suck! as a manager when things are tough only good when things are easy, that's why this team is made up of efffortless, outworked, and outplayed players who are wimps.
for sure

United States

#30 May 31, 2011
one thing the fan knows this team is BAD, and going down fast.
mr smooth wrote:
a vikings fan better stay a vikings fan. it's clear you know nothing about the twins and baseball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 5 hr Glitter2639 35,589
polls 6 hr Honor Student 2
minorities 13 hr Honor Student 4
Sick hillary Sat LIbEralS 27
Definition of Liberal Fri Family 2
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Oct 20 LIbEralS 560
Wikileaks highlights Oct 19 LIbEralS 35

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages