Are the Minnesota Wild a better team, after this offseason?

Created by Spirit of 1776 on Jul 8, 2013

6 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

No change

Time will tell

“GiveMe Liberty or GiveMe Death”

Since: Jun 13

Land of Liberty

#1 Jul 8, 2013
Have Minnesota's Off Season Moves Better The Wild?
Although free agency hasn't been as hectic as last year's for the Minnesota Wild, this year has brought some changes to the team. Minnesota hasn't necessarily cleaned house, but has cleaned out household names in the state of hockey. There have been many fans who have been questioning the decisions of GM's Chuck Fletcher and Brent Flahr and are rushing to the conclusion that Minnesota has taken a step backwards instead of moving forward towards the ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup. Minnesota's made some big changes in the trade market as well as letting some players walk, and even though it may not make sense for some fans, let me assure you of something. Chuck Fletcher knows what he is doing. The guy has a knack for recognizing talent and for making bold trades or free agent pick-ups. Below I've listed what the Wild has done so far this offseason and how it has benefitted the team.

-Re Signing Goaltender Niklas Backstrom
-Trading Cal Clutterbuck for Nino Neiderreiter
-Allowing Piere Marc Bouchard and Matt Cullen Walk
-Signing Keith Ballard
-Re Signing Jared Spurgeon
-Trading Devin Setoguchi
-Signing Matt Cooke

When you analyze and study these moves Minnesota has made, you realize how smart of a GM Chuck Fletcher really is. Fletcher has said in the recent past that he wants to be a hard team for ipponents to play against. By addressing the blue line situation and adding more toughness in the forward position, Fletcher has done just that. This Minnesota team has drastically improved and even thoigh it may be hard to see right now, come opening night, I believe we will see just how improved and dangerous Minnesota has become.
http://vincentmnwild92.sportsblog.com/post/10...
Slap Snot

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 9, 2013
Nobody, Nobody gave more than Cal Buttercup! How can the idiots in the front office tell us that they made the team tougher up front by dumping Cal?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#6 Jul 9, 2013
A game played with a puck, smarter than Rand Paul.

Land of Liberty

#7 Jul 9, 2013
Slap Snot wrote:
Nobody, Nobody gave more than Cal Buttercup! How can the idiots in the front office tell us that they made the team tougher up front by dumping Cal?
They wanted that Nino kid bad and Buttercup was getting old..... It might not be a bad choice..... We'll see I guess.... Not my favorite move

Land of Liberty

#8 Jul 9, 2013
Spirit of 1776 wrote:
<quoted text>
They wanted that Nino kid bad and Buttercup was getting old..... It might not be a bad choice..... We'll see I guess.... Not my favorite move
forgot to add sarcasm.......

-I think this move was stupid and a certain someone couldn't get past missing on Niederreiter in the 2010 draft

Land of Liberty

#9 Jul 9, 2013
The goaltender issue........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best massage in Minneapolis 2 hr Tellitlikeitis 4
Letter tells L.I. black family: 'YOU DON'T BELO... 2 hr Tellitlikeitis 4
Judicial Assistant 7 hr Redeemer 1
american nationalist party 7 hr Redeemer 16
Riding the Gay Choo Choo Train 11 hr FOVR 12
waze 12 hr Spirit 2
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 13 hr Silly times 248
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE