November payroll employment rises, unemployment down

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 7, 2012
November payroll employment rises (+146,000); unemployment rate edges down (7.7%)

Last edited Fri Dec 7, 2012, 08:44 AM USA/ET - Edit history (4)

Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- NOVEMBER 2012

Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 146,000 in November, and the unemployment
rate edged down to 7.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment increased in retail trade, professional and business services, and health
care.

Household Survey Data

The unemployment rate edged down to 7.7 percent in November. The number of unemployed
persons, at 12.0 million, changed little.(See table A-1.)

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (7.2 percent), adult
women (7.0 percent), teenagers (23.5 percent), whites (6.8 percent), and Hispanics (10.0
percent) showed little or no change in November. The unemployment rate for blacks (13.2
percent) declined over the month. The jobless rate for Asians was 6.4 percent (not
seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier.(See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little changed at 4.8 million in November. These individuals accounted for 40.1 percent of the unemployed.(See table A-12.)

Read more: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#2 Dec 7, 2012
53,000 retail workers and 23,000 service and hospitality workers. That is 52% of the new jobs as people working at Wal-mart and Burger King. Another 20,000 in health care (most of those are low paid nurse aides). Another 13,000 in wholesale trade (which is another field with many low paying jobs). That means 52-75% of the jobs created in November were low paying jobs.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Isn't that what you Republicans want? You want the unions out of the way, you don't want employers forced to offer health insurance - hell, you right wingers want everyone to make under $10 an hour with no benefits.

Then you complain because people need government assistance.

You wingnuts are nuts.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#4 Dec 7, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
53,000 retail workers and 23,000 service and hospitality workers. That is 52% of the new jobs as people working at Wal-mart and Burger King. Another 20,000 in health care (most of those are low paid nurse aides). Another 13,000 in wholesale trade (which is another field with many low paying jobs). That means 52-75% of the jobs created in November were low paying jobs.
Bain owned Burger King, right dipstick ?? Gee, who decided to offer low end dining, besides YOUR corporate STOOGE ~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
Seasonal holiday jobs. The jobs always get a bump in November, and a drop in January.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#6 Dec 7, 2012
From the non working liar boi ! LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Aren't you a ray of sunshine with accurate things to post. Looks like someone missed his nap today and is cranky. Need your Depends changed too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#8 Dec 7, 2012
Sure, help yourself, 90 year old neither recommends your "work".. LMAOROTFU~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Sure, help yourself, 90 year old neither recommends your "work".. LMAOROTFU~!
I wasn't volunteering, I wouldn't know where the dirty diaper ended and you began.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Just keep licking, until you're done.... Same as usual. LMAOROTFU~!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
November payroll employment rises (+146,000); unemployment rate edges down (7.7%)
Last edited Fri Dec 7, 2012, 08:44 AM USA/ET - Edit history (4)
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- NOVEMBER 2012
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 146,000 in November, and the unemployment
rate edged down to 7.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment increased in retail trade, professional and business services, and health
care.
Household Survey Data
The unemployment rate edged down to 7.7 percent in November. The number of unemployed
persons, at 12.0 million, changed little.(See table A-1.)
Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (7.2 percent), adult
women (7.0 percent), teenagers (23.5 percent), whites (6.8 percent), and Hispanics (10.0
percent) showed little or no change in November. The unemployment rate for blacks (13.2
percent) declined over the month. The jobless rate for Asians was 6.4 percent (not
seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier.(See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little changed at 4.8 million in November. These individuals accounted for 40.1 percent of the unemployed.(See table A-12.)
Read more: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...
The Obama Administration celebrates cooking the books on the unemployment numbers. What is not included in the Press Release written by Obama employees is that 544,000 dropped out of the labor force. The official BLS Labor Force Participation Rate is now down to 63.6%. 88,883,000 have officially dropped out of the job market in total.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#12 Dec 7, 2012
Seems you cited 2 different pays for me, poor liar...

Bob Schmahl wrote:
Slew used to make $13.75 when he had a union job....

Slew made $9.00 per hour before he got fired.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Dec 7, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Seems you cited 2 different pays for me, poor liar...
Bob Schmahl wrote:
Slew used to make $13.75 when he had a union job....
Slew made $9.00 per hour before he got fired.
Again, the stupid Slewster is just babbling. I said you made $13.75 before you were fired but then you told me that was wrong. So I adjusted what I said you made.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Poor excuses, from the always liar... Yep, never made so little, that's your "dream wage"... LMAOROTFU~! We understand you lie, it's embarrassing being you.
Bridgework

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
Isn't that what you Republicans want? You want the unions out of the way, you don't want employers forced to offer health insurance - hell, you right wingers want everyone to make under $10 an hour with no benefits.
Then you complain because people need government assistance.
You wingnuts are nuts.
I am not the one trying to make low paying jobs created under Obama look like a good thing. Has flipping burgers or stocking shelves ever paid a living wage?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Dec 8, 2012
Sorry pal/putz anti-union=pro low pay, just like Bain=Burger King and all your diversions are just dung...
YOU=DUNG ~!!! LMAOROTFU~!
Bridgework

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 8, 2012
So Slew and Co are saying that the Republican anti-union sentiment drives the creation of service, hospitality, and retail jobs?

P.S. It's funny that Slew seems to be focuses on the random burger joint I picked. Would it have been happier if I said McDonalds or Hardees?
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Dec 8, 2012
Poor Bridgework, doesn't have a life.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Dec 8, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
Poor Bridgework, doesn't have a life.
Coming from the guy that the "Saturday Night" theme song was written for. Good one Le Dumbo.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#20 Dec 10, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from the guy that the "Saturday Night" theme song was written for. Good one Le Dumbo.
Now I see why Slew Jumbo was spamming those song lyrics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 32,990
New York physician tests positive for Ebola 4 hr cantmakeitup 4
Nina Pham 'cured of Ebola' and set to meet Obama 4 hr Tang Wong Chew 5
Autopsy reports on Ferguson Shooting 5 hr cantmakeitup 13
He fled, fired -- and died (Feb '07) 5 hr Gonar 163
Denver Somali Girls Try to Join ISIS 8 hr cantmakeitup 5
ebola in nyc!!!!!!!!!! 11 hr cantmakeitup 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info