Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

SURVEY FINDS THAT 41 PERCENT OF SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS HAVE FROZEN HIRING BECAUSE OF OBAMACARE

A new poll of business owners about how Obamacare has affected employment decisions is positively brutal for the health law.

Forty-one percent of the businesses surveyed have frozen hiring because of the health-care law known as Obamacare. And almost one-fifth—19 percent— answered "yes" when asked if they had "reduced the number of employees you have in your business as a specific result of the Affordable Care Act."

The poll was taken by 603 owners whose businesses have under $20 million in annual sales.

Another 38 percent of the small business owners said they "have pulled back on their plans to grow their business" because of Obamacare.

Only 9 percent of the businesses surveyed thought the law would be good for business. Another 39 percent thought the law would not have much effect. More than half—55 percent—said they expected Obamacare to result in higher health care costs.

This tracks with other survey data. In April, a survey by the Chamber of Commerce found that the health law was the top worry for small business owners—edging out economic uncertainty, which had been at the top of the list for two years. We’ve also seen some economic evidence that the law is discouraging employers from hiring full-time employees.

And why shouldn’t small business owners be worried? The Obama administration recently delayed a key part of the law’s small business insurance exchange—essentially the only part that might provide small businesses some benefit. The law also imposes health coverage mandate on businesses with more than 50 employees. Firms that don’t comply end up paying a per-worker penalty. That’s already sparked concern amongst some employers who worry they might have to reduce full-time staff, and confusion amongst others who still don’t have a clear idea about what they will have to do to comply with the mandate.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/21/survey-find...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

And there's winners and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man, baby
Pays for thrills
The bills the pills that kill

Oh, but ain't that America
For you and me
Ain't that America
Something to see, baby
Ain't that America
Home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses
For you and me
Oooh
Ooooh, yeah...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

When did I become the topic, senile cant/con/crass/non ?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Gotta LOVE a survey that asks if healthcare is "good for businesses" ....

Actually, it's GOOD FOR AMERICAN WORKERS...

REMEMBER US ???

Yeah, I see your made up numbers & childish deflections & accept your concession.

In AMERICA, we care about people, not PROFIT, koch suckers...
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
Gotta LOVE a survey that asks if healthcare is "good for businesses" ....
Actually, it's GOOD FOR AMERICAN WORKERS...
REMEMBER US ???
Yeah, I see your made up numbers & childish deflections & accept your concession.
In AMERICA, we care about people, not PROFIT, koch suckers...
Increased health insurance costs aren't very good for American workers if the American workers aren't getting hired because of it.

We know facts are very painful for you. So ignore them, and carry on with your childish rants. Lefties like you are the experts at that.
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Sorry to everyone (except Slouchebagger) for posting this article twice. It didn't show up the first time, so I thought it didn't work.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

114 of 603 and you "feel" this proves ANYTHING ???

LMAOROFU!

It proves some owners are too cheap to pay healthcare & want society/welfare to bear the costs FOR THEM....

Seems fair to me(sarcasm), for American workers to pay more taxes, so an business owner can have MORE profit....
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
114 of 603 and you "feel" this proves ANYTHING ???
LMAOROFU!
It proves some owners are too cheap to pay healthcare & want society/welfare to bear the costs FOR THEM....
Seems fair to me(sarcasm), for American workers to pay more taxes, so an business owner can have MORE profit....
Wow. Logic really does escape you, doesn't it Slouchebag. Is a business really expected to NOT make a profit? Enlighten us, Sloser, and explain to everyone how a business is to stay in business and hire employees and pay for health insurance if a business doesn't make money?

Seems fair to me to expect health insurance costs to rise for employers and anyone that works, and then to have them pay for those who'd rather suck off Obama's government teat.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

That government sucking is currently done, by bad managers that shift costs to US... like your WalMart & church, both "companies" that can afford the costs.

I like you paraphrasing the company profit line....

Since, the company's profit is earned by the staff, how about benefits, FOR THE STAFF !!!

PS- Been government before Obama, will be government after Obama, try something intelligent...for a change.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Complaining about government waste, then electing BACHMANN ?? Come on..........
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Would you rather a business make a nice profit or provide healthcare for the employees...

I'm happy with the owner working & getting a wage & benefits, just like the staff.

Greed is the new right, since Mittiot gave $100 million to the kids for being Mittiots, while workers GOT THE SHAFT !!!!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Like MY quote, since I didn't say it, write it, or imply it.... Try again, dipsh*t.
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

It's a moot point, dumbass. God you're stupid.Once Obamadoesn'tcare kicks in, employers will have to pay for it, at a higher cost than they do now (and employees having to pay more) or be fined. Higher costs, less money to pay employees, so hire less employees or go out of business and everyone loses.

Got it now? Obamacare is bad for business AND employees.

And yes, government has been around long before Obama. But stop being your illiterate self and do a search on how many MORE hands are in Obama's bottomless goody bag. You might learn something. Doubtful, but who knows?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Nothing like moving the goalposts and changing a point, since you've lost.

I accept your concession, from any community you move monikers to...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Love your IRONY...

"....God you're stupid.Once .."

Space bars are higher function, huh ?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Even better, Papa John's can give away free pizzas for a promotion, but cannot afford healthcare for the COOKS ???

News flash to Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter: Obamacare isn’t the only thing costing your business money.

The pizza chain head has made his views on the Affordable Care Act clear in recent months, claiming the new health care law will cost his business about $5 to $8 million per year. To compensate Schnatter's said he will likely raise pizza prices and cut back some workers’ hours so he doesn’t have to insure them.

Caleb Melby of Forbes has graciously done the math on Obamacare’s cost to Papa John’s and according to his analysis, to cover the cost of Obamacare, the pizza chain would have to raise prices by 3.4 to 4.6 cents per pie -- way less than the 11 to 14 cents Schnatter claims he needs.

And there are other changes the chain could make to save some money, Melby notes, like not giving away 2 million pizzas for free at a cost of between $24 and $32 million to the company, for example.
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Even better, Papa John's can give away free pizzas for a promotion, but cannot afford healthcare for the COOKS ???
Even better, lefty members of congress, who voted for Obamacare and think it's just fine and dandy for the rest of us peasants, think "it's unfair" and too costly for themselves and their employees.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

You can't make this sh*t up!
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Nothing like moving the goalposts and changing a point, since you've lost.
I accept your concession, from any community you move monikers to...
Ummmm yeah, no I didn't. It's kind of been my point all along, so once again, you lose, Sloser LMAOROTF at you FU!!!!
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Love your IRONY...
"....God you're stupid.Once .."
Space bars are higher function, huh ?
ohhhhh Ouch. Oh boy, you got me good there, Sloser!!!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Leadership has benefits ??? Who knew..... LMAOROTFU~!

You go price a new heart like Cheney needed, then pretend Obama helped Cheney get the coverage...

SWING & A MISS, this batter's O-U-T ~!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama abandons Tripoli Libya 49 min scirocco 2
Franken REFUSES to debate at the State Fair 1 hr Bellweather 16
Vikings training camp 1 hr Bellweather 15
Police: 2 Shootings In North Minneapolis As Pat... 1 hr Bellweather 2
Obama administration on verge of collapse 1 hr cowboy chris 55
Police Shoot Dog During Chase 1 hr cowboy chris 12
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr sallygreen 26,195
•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••