Today’s Republican Party is ‘Neandert...

Today’s Republican Party is ‘Neanderthals fighting with Cro-Magnons’

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 29, 2013
Democratic strategist Paul Begala on Sunday asserted that infighting between different factions of Republicans appeared just to be “Neanderthals fighting with Cro-Magnons” as the party lunged further and further to the right.

During a panel discussion on CNN, Democratic Pollster Cornell Belcher said that internal arguments about policies like National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance showed that Republicans were having difficulty reacting to social change in America.

“Unfortunately for us in Congress right now, you have this civil war unfolding in Congress and it’s making Congress completely dysfunctional,” Belcher explained.“America, your Congress does not work because of this civil war that’s going on.”

Begala added that the civil war also wasn’t working for the Republican Party politically.

“I checked, party identification — the percentage of Americans who call themselves Republicans — all-time low, lower than Watergate, only 21 percent say that they’re Republicans today,” Begala noted.“That’s a catastrophe.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 14 hr LIbEralS 560
Definition of Liberal Wed cantmakeitup 1
Wikileaks highlights Wed LIbEralS 35
Trump is Totally Unqualified Oct 18 Honor Student 5
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Oct 17 Honor Student 35,583
News Chelsea Clinton rallies the faithful in Twin Ci... (Feb '16) Oct 15 Stop Sr Discrimin... 49
Bill clinton a rapist but liberals excuse it. Oct 14 huh 27

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages