Never trust the government...ever!!

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#1 Dec 13, 2013
When they say "it's for the best", they lie. When they say "it's for the children", they lie. When they say it's in the "interest of national security", they lie.

US Government Lobotomized 2,000 WW II Veterans as 'Treatment,' Many by Force

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/mental-... #

Just another "utopian" loon:

"Several VA medical professionals opposed the brutal procedure, which was done by jamming an ice pick-like medical instrument into a service member's brain via his eye socket.

The main advocate of the strange surgery was Dr. Walter J. Freeman, who once boasted:A world that once seemed the abode of misery, cruelty and hate is now radiant with sunshine and kindness to [veterans].

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#2 Dec 13, 2013
Seriously? This is how those who laid their lives on the line for all of us get treated?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 Dec 13, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
Seriously? This is how those who laid their lives on the line for all of us get treated?
Yes. And it's just another example of government thinking they know what's best. In their defense, this was at time when we were just beginning to learn about the brain and how it works. When things like lobotomy EST were considered cutting edge. And not so long after leeches were used for bleeding and whiskey was considered an anesthetic. In today's world, using radiation, sometimes drastic surgery, and harsh chemo-therapy is the best we can do against cancer. Let's hope for a future where medicine can learn to work with cures that are not as bad or worse than the disease. Where the government does not choose your treatment and then force it upon you. Now take your Soma, eat your Soylent Green, and sign up for the exchange. Everything is sunshine and bubble gum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riding the Gay Choo Choo Train 2 hr FOVR 12
waze 3 hr Spirit 2
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 4 hr Silly times 248
Best massage in Minneapolis 5 hr FOVR 2
Hillary should pay for Benghazi (Apr '14) 19 hr FOVR 36
isis takes over syrian town 19 hr Tellitlikeitis 13
american nationalist party 19 hr Tellitlikeitis 14
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE