Amy Klobuchar visits UMN to highlight...

Amy Klobuchar visits UMN to highlight 'kill switch'

There are 14 comments on the TwinCities story from Jan 21, 2014, titled Amy Klobuchar visits UMN to highlight 'kill switch'. In it, TwinCities reports that:

U.S. Sen Amy Klobuchar will visit the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis to discuss ways to increase student safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 21, 2014
Leave it to a liberal to deal with the items being stolen and not the criminals doing the stealing.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#2 Jan 21, 2014
Why yes. Let's treat the symptom instead of the disease. Did you know you can call your phone provider and have them wipe the phone remotely if it gets stolen?

And there are even apps for that.

Yet another piece of useless, "feel good", legislation that politicians like Amy are so well known for. Designed for nothing else but to garner a few votes from people who don't know any better.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352755,...

or maybe

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 21, 2014
Good old Amy, changing the world once again by doing something useless in order to keep herself relevant. When is this state going to get a real senator?

“A Frog's Worst Nightmare”

Since: Oct 13

West Monroe, La

#4 Jan 22, 2014
or maybe wrote:
Good old Amy, changing the world once again by doing something useless in order to keep herself relevant. When is this state going to get a real senator?
Hey they got Al Franken, he's always good for a laugh!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#5 Jan 22, 2014
"Kill Switch" is another word for Monkey Training Collar.

Teach the Monkey that when the bell rings, he is going to be shocked, and he will stay away from the "Goodies" next to the bell.

BUT, A Monkey is a Monkey, and he will find another way to acquire the "Goodies" without the shock.

We must embrace the Monkey, accept the Monkey, understand and magnify the Monkey..... because the circumstances of his life are beyond his control.....He is a Monkey ya know!

These iddiiots in Political Office were elected by "the people"!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#9 Jan 22, 2014
Carlo gambino wrote:
Hey or maybe who do you recommend for state senator? I'd love to hear it. Give me a name.
I think that you "folks" in the Peoples Republic of Minnesotastan should elect to the Senate a 7 th Rate Actor who's claim to fame is that he is a Water boy for Algore and his Radio Station, and a pawn for the other Ruling Elites of the Demokrat Peoples Party of the USA.

Yes, the Satirical Pornographic Senator from Minnesotastann should be re-erected by the Sheeple. You never know when something as destructive as Obamacare may need that 51 st Vote, as the one Dirty Al gave King Soetoro so he could Collectivize 1/6ht of Amerika's Economy under Demokrat Party rule.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#11 Jan 22, 2014
Carlo gambino wrote:
I asked who do you think. Not what Minnesotans should do. I know that's a hard a question. Who did u vote vote for?? Don't be scared its a simple question
I do not live in the Peoples Republic of Minnesotastan.....(I cannot vote there).....Look up the Laws that regulate who can vote where, then you will not ask the ignorant question repeatedly.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#12 Jan 22, 2014
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not live in the Peoples Republic of Minnesotastan.....(I cannot vote there).....Look up the Laws that regulate who can vote where, then you will not ask the ignorant question repeatedly.
It's nobodies business who you did, or did not, vote for.
Tom Spanks

Dallas, TX

#15 Jan 22, 2014
Carlo gambino wrote:
I asked who do you think. Not what Minnesotans should do. I know that's a hard a question. Who did u vote vote for?? Don't be scared its a simple question
I'm voting the Somali. Give him the Oscar.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#19 Jan 22, 2014
Carlo gambino wrote:
Hey can't make it up this is none of your business so why jump in! It's funny people rip politicians call em names but to insecure to say who they vote for!! Why is it hard to say!! I vote Jesse Ventura all day every day!! Never lies, doesn't take special interest money plus he is a vet. And I know none of you are vets. Your to selfish self centered spoiled brats who won't sacrifice for this country but quick to complain about it. Go enlist or quit cryin!
I happen to like Con. He's.....unique.

I was also brought up to believe it is rude to ask someone who they voted for on what is supposed to be a secret ballot. I freely admit voting for Governor Turnbuckle. In retrospect, it was a bad day for indepentents everywhere. While he was not a bad governor, per se, he was a horrible representative of government because of his utter contempt for the press. Every politician needs to be able to control the press or he is lost. Jesse could not bring himself to do so. Consequently, he totally squandered a great opportunity for independent candidates for a long time to come.

Oh, and he is and probably always will be, a patholigical raving egomaniac. And a bit of a paranoiac too. Other than that, I kind of like the guy.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#21 Jan 22, 2014
Carlo gambino wrote:
I vote because my grandfather my father and myself all fought and were wounded for this country so people like you coravain owner can vote and complain about this country and elected officials! What have you done for this country?? Explain I'll wait .
Oh, I see. So you're pretending to be one of those "if you didn't serve in the military you have no right to complain" types.

Ok. Tell you what.

When they stop taking my tax money by force, and giving it away to people who are totally skilled at gaming the system instead of working for a living, I will stop complaining.

When they stop spending money on aid to countries who do things like stoning women to death for not wearing a veil, or strapping bombs to their children and sending them to the mall, I will stop complaining.

When they start treating our veterans they way they deserve to be treated, instead of left out to dry, I will stop complaining.

When they stop invading other countries for no good reason, I will stop complaining.

When they stop selling or giving weapons to terrorists, I will stop complaining.

When they stop paying people to breed, I will stop complaining.

If you have a problem with that, too bad. Oh, and, thanks for you service.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#22 Jan 22, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. So you're pretending to be one of those "if you didn't serve in the military you have no right to complain" types.
Ok. Tell you what.
When they stop taking my tax money by force, and giving it away to people who are totally skilled at gaming the system instead of working for a living, I will stop complaining.
When they stop spending money on aid to countries who do things like stoning women to death for not wearing a veil, or strapping bombs to their children and sending them to the mall, I will stop complaining.
When they start treating our veterans they way they deserve to be treated, instead of left out to dry, I will stop complaining.
When they stop invading other countries for no good reason, I will stop complaining.
When they stop selling or giving weapons to terrorists, I will stop complaining.
When they stop paying people to breed, I will stop complaining.
If you have a problem with that, too bad. Oh, and, thanks for you service.
Carlo....aka, Slewbomnkin,( or one of its Multiple Personalities).

Or does Carlo often confuse you as the one that enjoys the Classic Corvair?...I thought Irish was the Corvair aficionado?

Psychoslewsie never kept her abuses straight in her sick mind.
Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jan 23, 2014
Tom Spanks wrote:
<quoted text>I'm voting the Somali. Give him the Oscar.
I was happy for him until I saw him on one of the morning talk shows, and he was defending the pirates! You can take the refugees out of Somalia, feed, cloth and shelter them, but , Oh nevermind.(They're still lookin' for the pressure cooker on the West Bank!)
Gee Suse

Dallas, TX

#24 Jan 23, 2014
Consistent wrote:
"Kill Switch" is another word for Monkey Training Collar.
Teach the Monkey that when the bell rings, he is going to be shocked, and he will stay away from the "Goodies" next to the bell.
BUT, A Monkey is a Monkey, and he will find another way to acquire the "Goodies" without the shock.
We must embrace the Monkey, accept the Monkey, understand and magnify the Monkey..... because the circumstances of his life are beyond his control.....He is a Monkey ya know!
These iddiiots in Political Office were elected by "the people"!
Installing a kill switch on the thugs is a good idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Typical Minnesota Voter 37 min Phineas 6
News Fourth of July Fireworks in Minnesota 5 hr Phineas 14
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties 7 hr OK Barry 4
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned 9 hr OK Barry 10
harrassed on purpose my whole life Fri space ace 3
Obama's America Fri OK Barry 75
Radical Islam Jun 23 LIbEralS 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages