State Fair: Corn Dog Vs. Pronto Pup!

State Fair: Corn Dog Vs. Pronto Pup!

There are 59 comments on the KARE Minneapolis story from Aug 23, 2007, titled State Fair: Corn Dog Vs. Pronto Pup!. In it, KARE Minneapolis reports that:

Let the battle begin! Which do you like best: the corn dog or the pronto pup? Do you know the difference between the two State Fair favorites? Let us know in on our message board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE Minneapolis.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bob

Springfield, IL

#54 Aug 18, 2011
Is there a pronto pup stand at the Il state fair??
Bob

Springfield, IL

#55 Aug 18, 2011
Is there a pronto pup stand at the Il state fair?????
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#56 Aug 18, 2011
Bob wrote:
Is there a pronto pup stand at the Il state fair?????
No! It has been replaced by an urban food booth to promote diversity. Enjoy the carp on a stick.
cantmakeitup

Rogers, MN

#57 Aug 18, 2011
Not big on pups or dogs. Pork chops (not the st fair variety) scotch eggs, lemonade from the stand in front of the car dealer next to the MPR booth.
Sasha

Minneapolis, MN

#58 Sep 4, 2011
Pronto pups are better because the breading is melty like a pastry and has more flavor
:)
theopoo

Coos Bay, OR

#59 May 29, 2012
Corn dogs are made with cornmeal (like taking a bite of sand.
Pronto pups are made with a batter sort of like pancake batter except a little sweeter they are the best.
Kelly

Stevensville, MD

#60 Jun 7, 2012
I grew up in Minn and have lived in Maryland for many years, a couple of years ago I did a taste test with friends and family (no one had heard of a pronto pup) The winner was Pronto Pup!!

It is just a flour/cornmeal ratio difference
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#61 Jun 7, 2012
Kelly wrote:
I grew up in Minn and have lived in Maryland for many years, a couple of years ago I did a taste test with friends and family (no one had heard of a pronto pup) The winner was Pronto Pup!!
It is just a flour/cornmeal ratio difference
There is a difference in the ingredients in the batter for the two but it would be false to say that Pronto Pups use flour and corn dogs use cornmeal. They both use cornmeal.
Dog or Pup

New York, NY

#62 Jun 8, 2012
Corn dog. Pronto Pup.
Corn Dog. Pronto Pup.

Makes no difference to me.
The important thing is that they keep the queers out of the State Fair,
like they did last year.
One takes his kids to the State Fair for wholesome entertainment.
Not to see fudgepackers.
TINA BLANCHARD

Minneapolis, MN

#63 Aug 28, 2012
PRONTO PUP MIX IS MADE WITH CORN FLOUR
GO TO THE PRONTO PUP SITE AND READ THE INGREDIENTS
ON THE MIX BAG SHOWN IN THE HISTORY PICS
Mr_Hello

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Sep 2, 2012
Pronto Pups are available everywhere, you can even make your own at home. They are for Portland Oregon See:
http://prontopup.net
Problem - they don't have nutrition info nor an ingredients list.
brian

Martinsville, IN

#65 Sep 29, 2012
pronto pups are way better they are dipped in almost like a pancake batter they are much better than a corn dog which by the way you can get anywhere or store!! go to evansville,in the 2nd largest street fair in the usa. try one for your self i know you will love a pronto pup...
Ror

Calumet City, IL

#66 Aug 2, 2013
Wookie wrote:
A pronto pup is made with flour and a corn dog is made with corn meal. We love pronto pups ! I haven't seen pronto pups anywhere else so we always look forward to the fair.
You can get a corn dog anytime, but pronto pups are the real deal and a "must have" when it comes time for the fair !
WRONG!!! A Pronto Pup is made with Pancake batter, and corn dogs are used with traditional corn flour.

The more you know!!
Ror

Calumet City, IL

#67 Aug 2, 2013
AND.......by the way...Pronto Pups RULE over corn dogs...ANY day of the week!! Most have never even HAD a pronto pup!! So...until you do...save your comments...
Ror

Calumet City, IL

#68 Aug 2, 2013
Try the Minnesota State Fair!! The BEST fair food in the nation....hands DOWN! Don't believe me? Check out what is just NEW this year at our fair!
http://www.mnstatefair.org/fun/new_food/
mayhem

Minneapolis, MN

#69 Mar 28, 2014
Nicolett wrote:
I don't even know the difference between a corn dog and pronto pup! What is it?
hey try google....answer your own questioN
onexpresso

San Jose, CA

#70 Nov 23, 2014
Wookie wrote:
A pronto pup is made with flour and a corn dog is made with corn meal. We love pronto pups ! I haven't seen pronto pups anywhere else so we always look forward to the fair.
You can get a corn dog anytime, but pronto pups are the real deal and a "must have" when it comes time for the fair !
I purchased the Pronto Pups Mix online (pricey with shipping a 5 lb. bag) but worth it!@ ProntoPup.net
onexpresso

San Jose, CA

#71 Nov 23, 2014
I rechecked the site since I will be reordering some mix and the shipping is free. Pronto pup.net
onexpresso

San Jose, CA

#72 Nov 23, 2014
Wookie wrote:

Actualy it is made bleached wheat flour/cornmeal/corn flour mixture and I just posted the ingredients over on the cooks.com pronto pup recipe there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sick hillary 3 hr Go Blue Forever 15
News 1 Injured In North Minneapolis Shooting 10 hr Clinton 0 Trump 1 8
Sued in small claims court in different state Thu LIbEralS 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Sep 27 FaIth Breeds Stup... 35,579
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) Sep 26 Troy 34
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... Sep 26 Paris Hilton 24
News Ramsey County / Meth dealer's motives in sting ... (Aug '08) Sep 24 Lynnhollenbeck 13

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages