Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2013

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

35

34

34

Why won`t the coward Boehner call for a vote??

Because as the huffington post reports... 17 republican house members have publicly said they would vote for Senator Reids clean CR. All the votes needed to pass it.

I wonder how it feels to be on that sinking ship
Snake PHD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

36

36

36

Snake Dr wrote:
Why won`t the coward Boehner call for a vote??
Because as the huffington post reports... 17 republican house members have publicly said they would vote for Senator Reids clean CR. All the votes needed to pass it.
I wonder how it feels to be on that sinking ship
you are a very stupid man. the Republicans have sent three additional versions of the budget to the Senate in the last week. Harry Reid refuses to even bring them up for discussion.

it is the Democrats and President Obama who have shut down the US government.until they negotiate, it is all on their backs with the shutdown.

stop being a partisan hack.

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

32

31

31

Snake PHD wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a very stupid man. the Republicans have sent three additional versions of the budget to the Senate in the last week. Harry Reid refuses to even bring them up for discussion.
it is the Democrats and President Obama who have shut down the US government.until they negotiate, it is all on their backs with the shutdown.
stop being a partisan hack.
Please tell me why the president should negotiate a law that has already been passed, signed and declared constitutional by the supreme court??

What would you say if the democrats shut down the government because they tacked on a gun control law and the republicans wouldn`t vote on it with the gun law attached?? and you have the nerve to call anyone else a partisan hack?? what a joke you are
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

30

30

29

OBAMA: Do as I say, not as I do.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

24

24

24

Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me why the president should negotiate a law that has already been passed, signed and declared constitutional by the supreme court??
What would you say if the democrats shut down the government because they tacked on a gun control law and the republicans wouldn`t vote on it with the gun law attached?? and you have the nerve to call anyone else a partisan hack?? what a joke you are
As it was submitted to the supreme court, the constitutionality of whether or not congress could mandate that people purchase anything was not held up. It was, instead declared a tax, much to Obama's chagrin, and it was then decided that congress did indeed have the right to levy taxes.

In essence, the SCOTUS dodged the real issue. So congress still does not have the right to force citizens to purchase a product. It does, however, have the right to fine (punish) them, via the IRS, for refusing to comply with the ACA by purchasing some kind of health insurance. Which is why this has been hailed as one of, if not the, largest single tax hike in recent history. Thank you G.W. Obama. What's next, forcing people to buy guns to protect themselves and help enforce the laws of our country, or making them pay a fine if they refuse?
Oh but wait, all three branches of government are exempt. Some unions and businesses are exempt. And although a large number of people think it's free, it is not and those least able to afford health insurance will continue to do without. And the strain on the system caused by so many small and medium sized employers dropping insurance or cutting employees hours will very likely cause it to implode. Just like most every other government program, it will become a massive money pit. Supported primarily by the middle class.

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

29

28

27

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
As it was submitted to the supreme court, the constitutionality of whether or not congress could mandate that people purchase anything was not held up. It was, instead declared a tax, much to Obama's chagrin, and it was then decided that congress did indeed have the right to levy taxes.
In essence, the SCOTUS dodged the real issue. So congress still does not have the right to force citizens to purchase a product. It does, however, have the right to fine (punish) them, via the IRS, for refusing to comply with the ACA by purchasing some kind of health insurance. Which is why this has been hailed as one of, if not the, largest single tax hike in recent history. Thank you G.W. Obama. What's next, forcing people to buy guns to protect themselves and help enforce the laws of our country, or making them pay a fine if they refuse?
Oh but wait, all three branches of government are exempt. Some unions and businesses are exempt. And although a large number of people think it's free, it is not and those least able to afford health insurance will continue to do without. And the strain on the system caused by so many small and medium sized employers dropping insurance or cutting employees hours will very likely cause it to implode. Just like most every other government program, it will become a massive money pit. Supported primarily by the middle class.
You don`t like the law get enough people elected and amend it. Just like congress has done for over 200 years.
Snake PHD

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

27

27

26

Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
You don`t like the law get enough people elected and amend it. Just like congress has done for over 200 years.
You mean like electing a majority of the opposition party to the House of Representatives? That is exactly what the people of the US did. And those representatives of the people are doing the job they were elected to do. Stopping Obamacare by any legal means possible.

Pass the budget without funding Obamacare and let little children with cancer live. Why does Harry Reid want to kill little children?
Snake PHD

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

27

27

26

Help kids with cancer?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) asks:'Why would we want to do that?'

Democrats are such hypocrites.
sickXnw

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

25

25

24

Harry Reid is what happens to democrats when they have to go to extreme measures to defend and promote their ridiculous laws that hurt America and Americans, year after year after year.

His rhetoric would be laughable if he wasn't serious. The crap that comes out of this fossil's mouth, only serves to galvanize the opposition.

Another race-baiting(a weapon that has run out of ammo), crusty old liberal that's 40 years behind the times. The only people that support people like him are hard core partisans.

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

27

27

27

Snake PHD wrote:
Help kids with cancer?
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) asks:'Why would we want to do that?'
Democrats are such hypocrites.

You are the hypocrite here.

After the sequester started that very same cancer places spending was drasticly cut. A republican authored a bill reinstating its spending. It got 0 votes. Why? Because Boehner refused to call for a vote on it. Know facts before you make a fool out of yourself

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

23

23

23

Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
You don`t like the law get enough people elected and amend it. Just like congress has done for over 200 years.
That's exactly what house republicans have been trying to do but everyone seems to think they are bad people because they keep attempting to repeal obamacare. Make up you damned minfs
Snake PHD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

22

22

21

Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the hypocrite here.
After the sequester started that very same cancer places spending was drasticly cut. A republican authored a bill reinstating its spending. It got 0 votes. Why? Because Boehner refused to call for a vote on it. Know facts before you make a fool out of yourself
Divert and deflect. Harry Reid made the statement. Defend him or admit he is willing to let children die in order to implement socialized medicine.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

21

21

21

Apparently I can't type today...I meant, "make up your damned minds." (not Make up you damned minfs )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings training camp 16 min Professor Krasys 2
African History Excluding Egypt 39 min Professor Krasys 1
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 51 min SpaceBlues 32,057
Andi uses racial slur 1 hr cantmakeitup 3
How is your Nissan Leaf 1 hr Bellweather 1
Police Shoot Dog During Chase 1 hr Bellweather 8
Michele Bachmann 2016 first woman President ( Y... 2 hr mr billary to u 22
•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••