Ken Rase, "My livliehood is in jepoardy"

Ken Rase, "My livliehood is in jepoardy"

Posted in the Minford Forum

Watchful eye

Minford, OH

#1 Feb 26, 2010
Did anyone read the article in the Community Common about the by-pass going through Ken Rase's farm and see how whiny he sounded? I once rented from Ken, and his rental manager, Jim Bloomfield told me that he brings in one million dollars a month from his rentals. How is putting the bypass through a small section of his farm going to jepoardize his liveliehood? He is just trying to bilk the state (taxpayers) out of as much money as he can. like all other wealthy people....me me me, and to heck with everyone else. Couldn't help bu laugh
Falc

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2010
$ 1 mil a MONTH ??? Seriously doubt that.
Minford Boy

Minford, OH

#3 Feb 26, 2010
He has taken farms and split them up to make money.
April

United States

#4 Mar 2, 2010
I wouldnt want anyone to split up my property either!..He has a nice place there..
Watchful eye

Minford, OH

#5 Mar 3, 2010
April, the point is not that his property is being split up. He was on the planning board that created the by-pass, and now he is complaining that his livliehood is at risk. If it will harm his livliehood, then why did he help plan it to go through his property, and then complain? Because he wants to bilk the state (i.e. the taxpayers)out of more money for his protery.
cabin fever

Lucasville, OH

#6 Mar 3, 2010
i bet all his cows end up choked on the little pink survey ribbons..hahahah..he is out for money only..what a SHIIZZTERR.. i bet his farm will b@#$ before his lets the state build on it....
WHATEVER

Crooksville, OH

#7 Mar 5, 2010
is anyone else reading what Watchful eye is writing? i thought i had seen dumb stuff on here before but come on... One million dollars a month, no one in this county makes that much money. Thats 12 million a year... just incase you cant add. dumbass! and so what if he does(im sure he doesnt) but if he does i am sure its because he has worked hard all his life. And that farm is the cumilation of his lifes work, i am sure he doesnt want to see it destroyed. I am 100% positive he was not on the planning commitee, that is an odot engineer that planned the road. dumbass! Now he did meet with the planning commitee to try and get them to consider other options. i ll bet none of you would like a four lane highway through your backyard, and lifes work. I ll bet anything that none of you that posted know ken personally. Some people dont like him, but its because of jealousy. most people will tell you he is the hardest working most honest and trustworthy man you could hope to know. He didnt inherit his money like other well off families in the area,( not that there is anything wrong with that)he did it all himself. Its much harder to earn a million or 12, lol, if you start out with nothing, and ken did. He deserves everthing he has he earned it with blood sweat and tears. and yes he has purchased farms and broke them up to make money, but the differrence is he did not force anyone to sell their farm. in this case the state is taking his farm, period. he is just doing the same thing anyone of you would do, try and get watever he can out of a bad deal. Love him or hate him that farm IS a landmark, and is by far the most beautiful farm in the county, its a shame to destroy it. if you think he sounds whinny, or like he is trying to bilk the state, think about what you would do in that situation, just let the state take your farm for nothing, or would you fight, try to make it cause as little damage as possible and get as much as you could out of it. you know you would! hell i try to get every penny i could! the only people i have ever heard talk bad about ken rase are people that are jealous, cuz they dont have as much as he does. But the thing is he did that all on his own, no one gave him anything, instead of being jealous people should look at him and see what can be accomplished with hardwork, sweat, and blood.not many people know this but ken grew up poor, and look what he has accomplished. Look how neat and clean he keeps his farm, its obviously something he takes alot of pride in, can you imagine someone destroying something you have literally put thousands of hours in? no you cant! obviously watchful eye is not so watchful.
Disturbed

Minford, OH

#8 Mar 13, 2010
I sure hope he has been saving some of his loot. I am pretty sure he didn't mind so much while all the other people on Lucasville Minford Road were forced to sell. I am sure that he will still be one of the wealthiest men in our area. Poor Poor Ken!
Fyffe

Minford, OH

#9 Mar 15, 2010
I known ken most of my life and i grew up on his farm. My papa worked on that farm for years and kept it in the shape that its in and i help out every chance i get. Ken is a good man he lets the boyscouts and churches camp and do funraisers all the time on the farm. I went with ken to the meeting to try to make a better plan for the highway because im a Eagle Scout and trying to help him as much as i can. he isnt fighting to save his land for himself hes trying to save it because the memories we made on that farm with his family and friends and scouts and churches and everyone thats he has let use his farm. he is not selfish and i think if u guys wasnt such retards and would talked to people that kno him u would kno that ur wrong about him. so just shut the fuck up and accomplish something in ur life and stop talking crap about people u dont kno. i would really appreciate it. so thanks ken for everything you have done !!!
Minford

United States

#10 Mar 20, 2010
Yor reap what you have sown. He has bought farms around Minford, and Bear Creek and turned them into housing deveiopments. So, how concerned for the land can he be. I am sure the families who once owned those farms hated to see what he done to there farms. It is called progress. I am not in favor of the highway myself, it is exactly what it is called a bypass, what Portsmouth don't need. If you can get around it, you will go somewhere else. Ken Rase is for Ken.

And, to the comments that "Whatever" posted I do know Ken Rase and to what you say he worked all his life for that farm, what about what his poor ex-wife put into that place he didn't get alone. Trust me I am not jealous! not of him. You must not get out of Minford much there are farms out there as nice or nicer. Ken is getting everything he deserves.
WHATEVER

Crooksville, OH

#11 Mar 22, 2010
Minford- obviously you didnt read my post, before you started running your mouth... I said yes ken has purchased farms from WILLING buyers and split them up, he is a realtor/developer its his job. And if the people didnt like what he did with them they did not have to sell, he does, that is the difference, and frankly its a big one. and i am positive you know absolutley nothing about his ex-wife or what she got in the divorce, so why run your mouth. I am sure she is anything but poor.and what does that have to do with it anyway! what exactly does someone do to deserve having there lifes work destroyed? What has ken done to deserve that? worked hard, made money, bought farms, built homes, built minford a new post office? what? and sure he 's looking out for his interests, who isnt? why wouldnt he? He is trying to protect his farm, but not at someone elses expense. everyone poor and rich alike are looking out for themselves! if ken wansnt succesful people would look at it so differently!and i am sure that he realizes just like you posted a bypass is not good for portsmouth. i am not going to spend much more time debating with you because it is obvious to me by your spelling/grammar that I am not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer. There may be farms just as nice, but it would be damn hard to be much nicer, and not to many in this county even compare. His farm is the largest continous tract in minford, and possibly the county. oh and by the way how many housing developments how you constructed? just think of how many people live in the developments/homes he has constructed, or how many bought a home from him? seems to me Ken has done alot for the minford community, what have you done? oh thats right, not shit, you just bash people on topix, who are you to say he is getting what he deserves? are you getting what you deserve?
wondering

Marion, OH

#12 Mar 22, 2010
cabin fever wrote:
i bet all his cows end up choked on the little pink survey ribbons..hahahah..he is out for money only..what a SHIIZZTERR.. i bet his farm will b@#$ before his lets the state build on it....
Okay, where does he keep his cows and all that at? I drive by and see 100 or so cattle sometimes and No barn big enough to hold that many cattle.. where in the hell does he keep them? an under ground barn?
one of the cows

Minford, OH

#13 Mar 22, 2010
we have to build pyramids with our bodies to shelter our calves. it's rough but we'll get by. thanks for the concern though its apreciated
goldneagle

Apopka, FL

#14 Apr 11, 2010
Well.Well Watchful Eye?? maybe you shouldnt spread Lies such as you state mr bloomfield says Ken Rase Earns this that or the other?? furthermore maybe youd be better OFF if you Met Ken Rase Personally. Maybe Stop By the Church He attends some Sunday, Lord Knows you could use the Trip!! and Knowledge found thereIn,!!
i have known Mr Rase Since Birth and The truth Is Mr Rase was always Out of bed and turning Two at 5am and stayed going most days til 6 or 7 at night. whereas he then could be found Working on His Farm for sometimes hours into the night, Mr ken rase has Earned what he has, and deserves anything he can get from the state if they intend on destroying his Farm./Home. Ken has always been there for OTHERS. Including MYSELF. when i was a teen i stayed with Him and his family due to my own family problems and learned many good Morals in the short time. as well as learning to Work for what i recieved. i assisted in putting many a fence post on that Farm assisting a Good Man named Tinker. whom i know if he was alive today would be teribally upset to know what OTHERS have said about Mr Rase as i am Myself, at any rate, go forth and try to be 1/2 the person Mr Rase is, the 1st thing you could try is to Not Run your Mouth On something you know nothing about. cause you know its hard to win a battle of stupidity with someone as Well Armed as yourself!!, seek out Mr rase and apologize,. Make your Mommy proud for a change ;) Kudos to Mr Rase for ALL he has accomplished in his life and All he has done for His Community!!. God Bless.
goldneagle

Apopka, FL

#15 Apr 11, 2010
hey There MINFORD, so you say you know Mr Ken Rase and He is Getting exactly what he deserves?? then you go on to speak about his Ex Wife, Well if you Really knew Ken Rase youd know he has earned what he has by Years of Hard work' and youd also be wise Not to Speak about 'OTHERS' ex Wives, or other things that are surely No Buisness of your Own. His wife is a mighty fine Woman for sure whom has also worked all her adult life, to that theres no doubt!! but she also would Slap your face to know how youve talked about 'others' so' when you have worked 40 years and someone attempts to tear youre lifes work in 1/2. then speaqk on who deserves What, until then you have No ideal what Mr rase does or does not Deserve, he surely doesnt deserve Idiots whom champion stupidity running their mouths about things that they have no concern in!! not to mention bringing up his family memebrs, either past-present or future, as oi told the WHATEVER Poster' you two should Go spend alil more time in Church and helping out in your community. and less time in others affairs, ;) ty for your time.
goldneagle

Apopka, FL

#16 Apr 11, 2010
ooops to Poster whatever i said 'as i told the WHATEVER Poster' you two should Go spend alil more time in Church and helping out in your community. and less time in others affairs, ;) ty for your time.' i meant to have said Watchful eye, just to clarify things ;)^5 to whatever!! and neaner neaner to watchful eye,( go see your Eye Doctor) HA!!
somone

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Aug 10, 2015
you people are complaing about ken race well guess what some of you don't even know the man. so what Im going to say right now is something your going to think about. the state of Ohio was thinking about the bypass around the 60s, then around the 90s they got all the directions of the bypass. so what happens is the state can go through anyones land right now and take it and you can't say no to the state . and that's what happen to ken race

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISO 3br house. Please help! 5 hr Looking 1
Doctor in Minford 13 hr wondering 1
terrible parenting (Jan '14) 13 hr neighbor 8
Eastern worse teachers 13 hr akateacher 3
Landlords in scioto county. I need names of lan... 14 hr Looking 1
Black guy worked at family dollar looking for K... 15 hr knowher 5
New Mayor in New Boston (May '16) Sat JJ saylers 26

Minford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance