New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,724 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7277 Jul 24, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
How about we just terminate the perpetrators who murder with summary execution, that will lower the rate of recidivism.
Say - if that's the aim, let's just outsource our whole Law Enforcement & Criminal Justice system to the Chinese along with everything else. Those guys can run it at a profit!
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7278 Jul 24, 2012
yeah feces face, punishing the criminal in the Aurora massacre is going to do the dead people a lot of good.How about some laws that prevent these sort of things.First thing we hear from the nra and their stooges is lets not talk about gun laws now,lets wait till people forget about it.No other 1st world nation has the murder rate we do.And everytime we have a massacre,we are told there's nothing that can be done,so lets just bury our heads in the sand.Or they say Chicago has a lot of murders in spite of strict gun laws,but what they don't mention is most experts agree the death rate would be a lot higher without it. I for one am tired of having to put up with massacres,because the nra and it's political stooges oppose all common sense laws.
Incumbents OUT

Utica, NY

#7281 Jul 24, 2012
Get 'em all out of here!
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7282 Jul 24, 2012
Shut up yourself feces face.Some of us are just sick of having people massacred because the nra and its' supporters say that's the way it has to be.Bull shit,we need tighter gun control laws,better background checks and stiffer fines and prison sentences for gun dealers violating the laws.Like I said,after some gun nut kills me I don't care whether you punish him or not. What I would prefer is to have laws in place that stop him from killing me.This isn't the 1790s,there is no need for all this firepower,our frontiers are settled,we have police depts.,and a first rate army,there is no need for everyone to be armed to the teeth.
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7284 Jul 24, 2012
Tell that to the dead in colorado,that the nra had a hand in killing because of their opposition to any sane laws,feces face.
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7285 Jul 24, 2012
Look how America cracked down on sudafed when they learned it was used in making drugs.It's easier to get a gun then it is to get a cold and allergy medicine.
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7286 Jul 24, 2012
Concealed Weapons Permits Are AWESOME!

Josh Marshall-July 24, 2012, 6:24 PM590
23 year old doofus Todd Canady, who has a concealed carry permit, reaches for his wallet to pay at the local Walmart. He accidentally discharges his handgun into his buttocks. He also injuries a woman and child behind him in line. When confronted by an off-duty police officer, he runs.

Now hes in jail.
Yes he'd have been a big help in Aurora.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#7287 Jul 24, 2012
massenaintrest wrote:
Concealed Weapons Permits Are AWESOME!
Josh Marshall-July 24, 2012, 6:24 PM590
23 year old doofus Todd Canady, who has a concealed carry permit, reaches for his wallet to pay at the local Walmart. He accidentally discharges his handgun into his buttocks. He also injuries a woman and child behind him in line. When confronted by an off-duty police officer, he runs.
Now hes in jail.
Yes he'd have been a big help in Aurora.
Concealed carry permits ARE awesome to those that value freedom and liberty. If you want to be at the mercy of a king, you're free to move to Europe.
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7288 Jul 24, 2012
nac,I am not moving anywhere.I am just tired of Americans dying from gun violence.By the way the remaining royalty in Europe are just figure heads,valued as tourist attraction more then anything else.Once again the old arguement if you don't agree with my view of America,you should move.Our system of govt.keeps us free,not some concealed weapon.Ballots not bullets keep us free.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#7291 Jul 24, 2012
massenaintrest wrote:
nac,I am not moving anywhere.I am just tired of Americans dying from gun violence.By the way the remaining royalty in Europe are just figure heads,valued as tourist attraction more then anything else.Once again the old arguement if you don't agree with my view of America,you should move.Our system of govt.keeps us free,not some concealed weapon.Ballots not bullets keep us free.
Again, more Americans are victims of gun violence in the places where gun laws are the most strict. Gun laws DO NOT DETER violence. If the law against murder isn't a deterrent, WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think the lesser charge will???

Wake up! I, and most Americans are NOT willing to give up our freedoms because people like you refuse to exercise any common sense. Stop it!
massenaintrest

Ithaca, NY

#7292 Jul 24, 2012
Yes feces you and your piece would have been the deciding factor in Aurora.The place fills with tear gas,someone in ballistic armor then starts pumping round after round into the dark smoke filled theater,and feces jumps up with his pistol and takes him out.Give me a break.Professionals who train extensively for situations such as this can be taken by surprise,and joe average is going to do something they probably couldn't do when taken unawares.Too many Rambo movies watched.Now go play war some where feces face and imagine yourself as the new rambo.Let me know the first time somebody shoots at you,just how cool under fire you are.I know how I performed under fire,you never had the guts to try and find out.
John

Binghamton, NY

#7294 Jul 24, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Concealed carry permits ARE awesome to those that value freedom and liberty. If you want to be at the mercy of a king, you're free to move to Europe.
Mercy of a king? All the guns in the US won't protect you from the military or the government. Get off your fantasy horse and come back to reality.
John

Binghamton, NY

#7295 Jul 24, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, more Americans are victims of gun violence in the places where gun laws are the most strict. Gun laws DO NOT DETER violence. If the law against murder isn't a deterrent, WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think the lesser charge will???
Wake up! I, and most Americans are NOT willing to give up our freedoms because people like you refuse to exercise any common sense. Stop it!
Bullsh*t. Get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...
nac

Patchogue, NY

#7296 Jul 24, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t. Get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...
First, the entire premise of that article is flawed. Are the gun laws the same in Chicago as they are in down-state Illinois? Are the gun laws the same in upstate NY as they are in NYC? No. They are not.

Now, do you think that you are as likely to get shot in Gillespie, Illinois as Chicago? Are you more likely to be shot in The Bronx, or Cooperstown, NY? The gun laws are very different in Gillespie than they are in Chicago. Very different in The Bronx as opposed to Cooperstown. Your link is relevant to nothing.

Can you explain to me how the laws against murder DO NOT deter shootings, but laws against guns DO?
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7297 Jul 24, 2012
massenaintrest wrote:
As for hunting and assault rifles there are clear differences. How many hunting rifles have a capacity to hold 100 round magazines,an assault rifle can be loaded much faster then a hunting rifle also,etc.
You have yet to identify any of these "clear differences" you see.

What exactly are the "clear differences" between this sporting rifle:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/ce...

or this one:

http://hunting.about.com/gi/o.htm...

or this one:

http://www.benelliusa.com/rifles/benelli-r1-r...

... and what you are talking about as an "assault rifle?"

THIRD request for specifics from you. Please.

You are doing a lot of obsessing over magazine capacity - if that's the only "clear difference" you've got to cite, we need go no further - because that's just a stupid, useless distinction. Even if you could wave your magic wand and somehow make the MILLIONS of 20- and 30-round standard magazines out there vanish in a puff of smoke, any ham-handed bad guy with a pair of tinsnips, pliers, and a mill bastard file can fab up a perfectly functional 30-round magazine for any of the hunting rifles I've linked above in the garage in an afternoon.

And your claim that an "assault rifle can be loaded much faster then a hunting rifle" is just pure horseshyte. Changing mags on any of the hunting rifles I've linked above is just as fast as an AR or AK.
massenaintrest wrote:
During the ban anyone that wanted a rifle for hunting or security was able to get one,just not the assault types. I will say it again my right not too be killed is as constitutional as your right too own a gun.
Who gave you or anyone else - and certainly not the Government - the right to tell me what kind of rifle I may use to defend myself, my family, and my castle against armed attack by bad guys that respect NO LAW? GTFO. If I consider it's suicidal to be left facing a home invasion by assailants armed with the AKs and 30-round magazines you would deny me, who the f**k are you to force me to live with that risk when the Constitution guarantees my right not to?

Your neurotic issues with what are standard tools of armed self-defense DO NOT trump my constiututional right to keep and bear the arms I deem necessary for the security of my self and my family.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7298 Jul 24, 2012
massenaintrest wrote:
NY State does have good gun laws but they are hampered by other states' lax gun laws.What is so wrong with wanting a good through background check before allowing someone to purchase a gun.
That's already the law of the land in every State. What's your problem?
massenaintrest wrote:
nd equating deaths caused by doctors,autos or anything else with gun deaths in nonsensical.A guns purpose is too kill and nothing else.
And for an implement of self-defense against lethal attack, it damn well better be designed to instantly end that threat. Perfectly appropriate.

So what's your problem with that?
massenaintrest wrote:
As for summary execution,what a stupid idea.We are a nation of laws,to execute someone without a trial is un-american,and puts us on the same level as the murderer.Thank god we are a better nation then that.
Proving once again angry leftist progressives tend to be missing the neural circuits that recognize humor.
massenaintrest wrote:
Anybody that wants a hunting rifle in NY is able to buy one legally,providing he has no criminal record.In NNY there are plenty of guns,and no one has problems getting them,they just have to fill out a little paper work and wait a day.I own guns and have never had a problem purchasing one,nor have my friends.
Bull. Totally untrue of handguns.

I want to openly carry a .22 handgun in the field when hunting to dispatch a wounded deer. Yet I am denied use of this simple, sensible tool by New York State, which is not a "Shall Issue" State, and will not issue a handgun permit for this purpose. So instead I am required to either watch this animal suffer, or fire more high-velocity rifle rounds into the animal at point-blank range, ruining more pounds of meat.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7299 Jul 24, 2012
massenaintrest wrote:
One more thing Davy Crocket did a pretty good job of hunting with a low tech rifle.
An abjectly stupid post.

Yes, and he did a pretty good job of getting around on horseback and sh***ing in a bucket, too.

So turn in your car keys - Government will be coming by to confiscate your car and toilets.

Cretin.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7300 Jul 24, 2012
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
Teddy the Peddy,you calling me a bigot,now that's rich.You are always making bigoted,uninformed remarks about muslims and that Obama may be a secret one.
You're a lying sack of shyte.

Cite a single post I have ever made, by topix post #, in which I have EVER made ANY remarks about muslims, or in which I have EVER even suggested that Obama "may be a secret one."

GTFO, you bigoted moron.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7301 Jul 24, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you before, there is nothing you can tell me about weapons and ordnance. I have said enough already.
Background checks for purchase, range qualification for any weapon on a carry permit. And certificate instruction on the the use of deadly physical force as per the penal law for anyone with a carry permit, and range requals for the first five years, you fail, pull the permit. That is what I would like to see and so would any Law Enforcement officer. There is no greater responsibility than carrying a firearm in a free society. Punish the criminal, not the responsible citizen, okay Gomer
Brilliant post - exactly right. I fully support your proposals.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#7302 Jul 24, 2012
massenaintrest wrote:
,our frontiers are settled,we have police depts.,and a first rate army,there is no need for everyone to be armed to the teeth.
Please elaborate on the reason for your fantastic faith in the Police Dept and that 'first rate army' in light of their total inability to prevent those 7 deaths and 70-some-odd woundings in that Theatre.

Rational, serious people can only regard such faith as delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Workers. 11 hr Taxpayer 1
drug dealers Tue suck it 1
Quote of the day (Nov '12) Tue Kelly Joanne Cannon 438
Where is the best place to get soft serve ice c... Mon To to goodies 7
Moriah health center Mon Silverbullet 1
Golf Club Sun Tek56 2
Tammy shaw (Jan '12) Dec '14 zoro 7
More from around the web

Mineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE