Man charged with toddler's death

Man charged with toddler's death

There are 178 comments on the Mineral Wells Insider story from Mar 17, 2009, titled Man charged with toddler's death. In it, Mineral Wells Insider reports that:

Sheriff's department authorities allege 2-year-old died of injuries inflicted by mother's boyfriend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mineral Wells Insider.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Barb

Woodway, TX

#1 Mar 17, 2009
This is sick. I hope they give him the death penalty! What kind of person kills an innocent child?
ALY

Lavon, TX

#2 Mar 17, 2009
This is beyond horrible and sickening. Give him the death penalty and clean up our towns. Our prayers go out to all the families.
mwcitizen

Mineral Wells, TX

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Graford resident Chester “Cuatro” Marion Bell IV, 25, was arrested Sunday on a warrant for capital murder.

Bell is accused of killing a 2-year-old child, Buck McCoy Jr., last week.

Mineral Wells EMS responded to a 911 call Wednesday afternoon reporting a choking child at Bell’s residence in the 16000 block of State Highway 254, according to Palo Pinto County Sheriff Ira Mercer.

Buck was under the care of Bell, who was in a relationship with the toddler's mother, at the time of the alleged incident, according to Mercer.

Why do mothers continue to leave their children in the care of these monsters?
Everybody knew this POS was not playing with a full deck.
ALY

Lavon, TX

#4 Mar 18, 2009
I too do not understand why mothers would leave a child with someone thye have only known a short time. mwresident, was it widely known that this person was not playing with a full deck? Was he on drugs? It doesn't mattter when he gets to prison the other population will take care of him if our laws do not! He is one sick person.
Troll

Wichita Falls, TX

#5 Mar 18, 2009
Why the children tho,these people could go out and beat a tree or someone their size !Texas should fix it where when a child is murdered ,it's the death sentence period.Monsters come in all shapes an forms some are even women,they even act like normal people ,something happens inside their brain for some reason and they harm the most defenseless ,a child or elderly or some one who trusts them.Mothers that are single seem to be the easiest prey at times.
Barb

Woodway, TX

#6 Mar 18, 2009
Newest details say that Cuatro raped this baby before murdering him. Why???? What kind of monster kills a child, much less rape them before killing them. If this was my child, he would have never made it to jail, I would have killed him with my bare hands. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it!
Executioner

Mineral Wells, TX

#7 Mar 18, 2009
I saw where he is requesting a bond reduction. I hope the judge grants it! Then someone can rape and kill his ass!!!! Palo Pinto county can save a ton of money and justice will be served!!! Although, It still does'nt bring back the little guy.....
Aly

Lavon, TX

#8 Mar 18, 2009
I agree that Palo Pinto residents would put an end to him, but I do not think his "family" should be allowed to take him home like it never happened. Let the idiot sit in jail and maybe some of the other inmates will get enough of him.
That poor littel boy. I am told that he abused many people but they were afraid to press charges.
His step mother, Beverly Thomas who is now divorced from his dad was one of them. What kind of monster does something like this?
MW Local

United States

#9 Mar 18, 2009
I don't know this man but I know someone who does and they claim he is harmless and they can't imagine him hurting anyone. Based on the article, they don't seem to know him as well as they think. There is documented instances where he harmed people. It's amazing how some people can see what they want to see.
I do agree that if I was this mother, he would have never made it to jail although the whole story is a little suspicious.
Lesson to be learned, don't let people you have only known a short time take care of your kids and if you kids don't like them, pay attention. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for especially when it comes to what people are really like.
Barb

Woodway, TX

#10 Mar 18, 2009
You are so right! I don't see how a woman can move her child in with basically a total stranger. What are they thinking? What provokes these monsters to hurt these innocent babies? I wonder if he ever abused his own kids?
Sam

Lavon, TX

#11 Mar 18, 2009
I wonder if he abised his own kids as well. I too talked to someone who told me what a fine upstanding young man he was! Wake up people, this man is a monster. I agree that is all doesn't make sense. Why was the mother allowing him to take the baby for a "walk" to correct him? I hope it alll comes out in the end.

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#12 Mar 19, 2009
Troll wrote:
Texas should fix it where when a child is murdered ,it's the death sentence period..
it is already a capital offense to kill a child under that age of 12 in texas
MMR

Universal City, TX

#13 Mar 19, 2009
I know this man's family. He did not do this to the poor child. This poor little boy was evidently abused for a while...this man only knew this little boy for 2 months and evidence is coming in that he had been abused for quite a long time. Why did the bio dad have only 1 hour SUPERVISED visitation with this little boy a week? There are too many unanswered questions to be casting guilty stones at Quatro. The truth will come out. The bio parents are still under investigation. Just think how, when the truth does come to light, how Quatro's life and that of his family will be affected from now on.

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#14 Mar 19, 2009
this man's family has nothing to do with the facts of the case
MMR

Universal City, TX

#15 Mar 19, 2009
scuter pie wrote:
this man's family has nothing to do with the facts of the case
What I am saying is that when the truth comes out, his and his family's life will still be ruined. Not all of the facts have been released to the press.
Sam

Lavon, TX

#16 Mar 19, 2009
I saw the facts that have been released and the facts point ot him. He may have a wonderful family but he also has a record of abusive behavior. He threatened people and they have the documentation to prove it. Open your eyes.
Cooper

Stephenville, TX

#17 Mar 19, 2009
This S.O.B. deserves to be tortured. He's such a fag, they should just do to him what the prisoners did to Jeffrey Dommer. I think that anything else is too good for him, don't give him an easy death, make him suffer for what he did to that innocent child. Then he can burn in hell.
MMR

San Antonio, TX

#18 Mar 20, 2009
You will all see. And God forbid you or someone you know is ever wrongfully accused of such a horrible thing.
MRH

Raleigh, NC

#19 Mar 20, 2009
I KNOW THE McCOY FAMILY VERY WELL. ALL I CAN SAY IS I HAVE HEARD THERE SIDE OF IT AND THATS ALL I NEED TO HEAR. I KNOW QUATRO AND HIS FAMILY, I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT THAT HE WOULD HAVE DONE SOMTHING LIKE THIS. BUT DONT WE SAY THAT EVERYTIME EVIL THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN. BECAUSE THAT IS JUST WHAT HE IS PURE EVIL. I ALSO HAVE TO THINK WHAT KIND OF A MOTHER WOULD LEAVE A CHILD WITH SOMEONE LIKE HIM. THE MARKS ON THIS BABY STARTED BEFOR THIS AND SHE JUST TURNED THE OTHER WAY. SO SHE IS JUST AS GULTY. AS FOR THE BO FATHER HE IS NOT A SUSPECT. ONLY THE MOTHER. GET YOU FACTS RIGHT MMR!!
Sam

Lavon, TX

#20 Mar 20, 2009
I totally agree that there was something going on for a while. The old marks on the baby. Did the mother just ignore this or was she a participant?
I hope the investigators get to the bottom of this and Cuatro gets what he deserves and if anyone else was involved they too will be made accountable. I pray that it is resolved. No child deserves this. It just makes me sick to think about what that little guy went through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poor Kids Aug 15 GodMyAss 1
Cool May '18 Is a place 1
News Bond Hearing in Murder Case: No change Wednesda... (Mar '09) Mar '18 Ramair4 8
Robin “bunny” Olivarez Mar '18 Jewles 2
Millsap student threatens "shooting up the scho... (Jan '18) Feb '18 Concerned 3
Rental Feb '18 Whoever13 1
Review: Emily Diane Ruddy (Jan '18) Feb '18 EMILY 7

Mineral Wells Jobs

Personal Finance

Mineral Wells Mortgages