City Council: American Flag is Clutter

City Council: American Flag is Clutter

There are 1 comment on the Free Republic story from Jul 3, 2012, titled City Council: American Flag is Clutter. In it, Free Republic reports that:

A Texas city council has voted to ban American flags from a local cemetary. Why? Because these people want to keep the cemetary free of "clutter." That's right... according to these "leaders," the American flag is "clutter" and cannot be placed beside a tombstone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Marcia Farmer Madsen

Elberon, IA

#1 Jul 15, 2012
Since when did our flag become clutter?sounds to me like just lazy caretakers.I lived across from Woodland Park from age 5 until I married.I remember Mr House always took care of the cemetary and made sure the flags were always on the graves where they were placed.Wouldn't be no surprise if he didn't put a few out himself for the ones who couldn't.But that was the way he was.Shame there aren't more like him.He had pride

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jeremiah Richard Ruddy (Oct '17) 14 hr CHRIS 24
Review: Heather Marie Miller 14 hr HEATHER 7
Cool Sep '18 Jorj 3
Wolters AFB 1953/54 SCARWAF UNITS (Jul '06) Sep '18 GENEA64 63
Poor Kids Aug '18 GodMyAss 1
News Bond Hearing in Murder Case: No change Wednesda... (Mar '09) Mar '18 Ramair4 8
Robin “bunny” Olivarez (Mar '18) Mar '18 Jewles 2

Mineral Wells Jobs

Personal Finance

Mineral Wells Mortgages