Alan Jackson Concert Only Free for Mi...

Alan Jackson Concert Only Free for Mineral Residents - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sport...

There are 70 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Alan Jackson Concert Only Free for Mineral Residents - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sport.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The "free" Alan Jackson concert in Mineral isn't going to be quite as free as many people thought.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kathy

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Apr 3, 2012
That really suck we voted over and over for a free concert and know because I live in Fredericksburg I have to pay not fair !!!!!
SkipD

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 3, 2012
So? It's a benefit for those who suffered quake damage..........
figures

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 3, 2012
well that figures!
Know better

AOL

#4 Apr 3, 2012
This is not right. There are only 500 people in the town of Mineral.
30,000 voted.
If St. Louis would have won would they have given all 100,000 residents there free tickets.
bologna streets

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 3, 2012
Kathy wrote:
That really **** we voted over and over for a free concert and know because I live in Fredericksburg I have to pay not fair !!!!!
wow voted online, how sad. Got to love vagabonds and carpetbaggers.
Bev

AOL

#6 Apr 3, 2012
Show us where this was stated when we voted and why wasn't it mentioned on the radio when they were telling everyone to vote-not fair at all to the voters!
Fluvy Gal

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 3, 2012
I think it makes fine sense, although I think it should really be free for any resident of Louisa County. They have all had a year from hell. The rest can and should pay.
Fluvy Gal

Johnson City, TN

#8 Apr 3, 2012
Bev wrote:
Show us where this was stated when we voted and why wasn't it mentioned on the radio when they were telling everyone to vote-not fair at all to the voters!
So you only voted for your own selfish interests? I have no intention of going to the concert because I'm not a big fan of country music, but I voted because I think the citizens of Mineral have suffered a lot and deserve this. Anyway, how difficult was it for your to sit on your rear end and click your mouse?
Greene resident

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Apr 3, 2012
Honestly I can't believe people are actually complaining over this. What I remember is we voted for Alan Jackson to give a free concert. Does anyone realize what it costs to have him perform. Hire him and see. It is free for him to perform not for anyone to attend his concert. Let the citizens of Mineral enjoy this, they suffered the most. Why do people try to find something negative about this great opportunity Louisa has. Everyone has the choice to go or not, its not an obligation.
Big RED

Earlysville, VA

#10 Apr 3, 2012
nothing is free what a bunch of bull.Thanks Jackson you piece of crap.Little rich boy dont care about anyone.I hope someone kicks your ass while you are down there.I would not walk to my mailbox to see him.Boy they sucked youll in to voting.HA HA HA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rochelle

Collinsville, VA

#11 Apr 3, 2012
I don't mind it being a benefit concert for Louisa, but yikes, did it have to be to the tune of $42.50 a ticket? For my family of four that's $170, as in, way more money than we have to see a concert. Most of the time I just suck it up and accept that we can't afford to see concerts, but I voted for this and promoted it around and got my friends to vote for it too, and now it just ***** to be priced right out of the concert.
Rochelle

Collinsville, VA

#12 Apr 3, 2012
I wonder why it said I'm from Henry??? I had to look that up to find out where that even is. I'm from Barboursville...
Quit Complaining

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2012
To everyone that is complaining about having to pay for this concert, just stop. This is not a "benefit" concert put on by Alan Jackson. This was a competition to vote for someone to come to our area and it happened to be right after our devastating earthquake. Therefore, we had a lot of support voting for Mineral. If you complain about paying $42 to see a country legend in OUR town, you may as well stay home and not bring you negative mood to a once in a lifetime event in Mineral.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#14 Apr 3, 2012
Rochelle wrote:
I wonder why it said I'm from Henry??? I had to look that up to find out where that even is. I'm from Barboursville...
It's where your server hub is located.
Think about it

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Apr 3, 2012
There are a lot of costs associated with this concert(costs that are not covered by Alan Jackson) Some of you are forgetting that it will cost the town...bathroom facilities, police...just to name a couple.
For Once I Am Speechless

United States

#16 Apr 4, 2012
If there wasn't going to be a fee of some sort, how was it going to be a benefit to raise funds to help the citizens of that area? They could not have made alot of money just on selling food and whatever else for that day. The point is, Alan Jackson is not charging and that is saying alot about him doing such a good deed to help those people. I know I voted as much as I could and also told others because every little bit can help and that is what it is all about, helping others that are in need.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 4, 2012
Think about it wrote:
There are a lot of costs associated with this concert(costs that are not covered by Alan Jackson) Some of you are forgetting that it will cost the town...bathroom facilities, police...just to name a couple.
So what?
Jackson and Capitol Records got a lot of publicity out of this 'contest'. Let them pay for the bathroom facilities, police and other costs associated with their 'free' concert.

There was no mention they were going to charge for it at all.

http://eventful.com/performers/alan-jackson-/...

http://www.countrymusicfever.com/alan-jackson...

Not that I'd want to go see a concert on a hot parking lot in late May.

Sun, May 20, 2012
Doors: 5:00 pm / Show: 6:30 pm
Louisa County High School
Mineral, VA
$42.50 -$100.00
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Apr 4, 2012
bologna streets wrote:
<quoted text>
wow voted online, how sad. Got to love vagabonds and carpetbaggers.
hi huck
Concerned Citizen

Scottsville, VA

#19 Apr 4, 2012
I voted for this concert for Mineral, not for myself. I had not planned to go to the concert even if it were truely free. I just felt that it would be nice for those who suffered such devastation. I have seen Alan Jackson in concert, he does a great show, and believe me, those tickets were much higher than the price of $42. $42 is a small amount to pay to see the show and help the children of Louisa.

“Keeping life realistic”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20 Apr 4, 2012
no who ever would have guessed it would turn out like this?
<-------this guy
nothing is free anymore
You were suckered into voting. With each click he made a profit. Now it will cost Mineral more to put the show on than it stands to make.
Oh the irony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help with cut off notice on electric bill Jan 19 Need lil help 1
The new and improved Spotsylvania County Noise ... (Jul '10) Jan 10 ToddlerMom 16
Considering hiring Collier Contracting Partlow,... Dec 30 Joseph C 2
law in louisa Dec '17 fun 1
need to know Dec '17 fun 1
Cassidy Mcadams. (Oct '10) Nov '17 Jake 7
Steve, Tina or Mike Smith (Feb '16) Apr '16 Curious 3

Mineral Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mineral Mortgages