no to more nukes

no to more nukes

There are 9 comments on the C-Ville Weekly story from Jul 9, 2007, titled no to more nukes. In it, C-Ville Weekly reports that:

The Water Control Board of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality has scheduled a public hearing on Wednesday, July 18, 7pm at Louisa Middle School, 1009 Davis Highway , in Mineral, Virginia. via C-Ville Weekly

Join the discussion below, or Read more at C-Ville Weekly.

Mr Sadler

United States

#1 Jul 20, 2007
About time to protest these nukes.
Mr Sadler

United States

#2 Jul 20, 2007
And since you don't know who I am...see you there.
Daniel Blake

Rural Hall, NC

#3 Aug 14, 2007
Why arent people posting about the subjects ? well hats off to brave citizens who step up and say no more nukes and that they wont be walked over no more. WE have water rights !
Resident of Louisa Co

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2007
Lake Anna was built for the North Anna Power Station. It was not built for the homeowners. However, they did turn 90% of it into a recreational lake for homeowners like you to have your "water rights!" If you understand the nuclear business then you know that it is the best way to make electricity. Nothing can happen people. I say YES TO NUKES!!!!
Daniel Blake

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2007
Hats off to brave citizens who step up and say no more nukes and that they wont be walked over no more. WE have water rights !
Resident of Louisa Co

United States

#6 Aug 17, 2007
Evidently you don't know anything about nuke plants. YOU have water rights??? You wouldn't have this water if it wasn't for NAPS building the lake. The rights were given to you.... But,, I guess you're like everyone else who thinks once they are given something that they have a right to everything. Lets see, maybe more coal plants for electricity so we can die of lung cancer. That's safe!!! Think about it, what chance to we have of a nuclear melt down??? You guys watch to much t.v. Get realistic.
auntyharpr

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 29, 2008
Resident of louisa co,, you sound like a no-it-all, one qaulity I can"t stand in a human, everyone has the right to their own thoughts on it,but you had to come in here and insult someones inteligents, must be lonely being you.
Toby

United States

#8 Nov 11, 2008
Where is the best place to store 25,000 unstable nukes??????????
Beware

Oakton, VA

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Most of the Anti-nukes here haven't the slightest clue about the efficiency or the safety of the type of Nuclear power plant at Lake Anna. They have NO idea that it can not function without the use of "heavy" water...nor that if the core material is lifted from the reaction chamber there is no danger of a Chernobyl-style "meltdown.

From reading a few of these posts you would assume that these powere plants are activated with unspent rounds of nuclear armaments. This is nothing more than aknee-jerk reactionism and far from the truth.

Perhaps the solution is to de-activate the power plant, remove the dam (yep...it's the PROPERTY of Old Dominion), let the river return to its "normal" state and do away with the lake. It was done with the old dam in Fredeicksburg on the Rappahannock due to cries from ecological whiners.

When the lake is gone...and the the fish...and the tax base...ad nauseum...all of you can gather for a group hug and congratulate yourselves. I suppose then we'll have to crank up the coal burners in order to meet the need for power demands...Oh that's right, you're probably against that as well. Oh well...let's cut down the trees so we can warm ourselves in the winter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louisa Pot Bust: Louisa Investigators seize mar... (Jul '10) Mon dbassb1msncom 57
1995 unsolved murder Oct 13 Mee 2
News Chills at the Haunted Hill (Jan '10) Sep 29 Ronnie 4
Replace DOC Leadership Aug '17 Replace DOC Leade... 1
Steve, Tina or Mike Smith (Feb '16) Apr '16 Curious 3
News Louisa Quake May Have Been Most Widely Felt In ... (Feb '15) Apr '15 Beamer 4
News News Theories for 2011 Louisa Earthquake (Dec '14) Dec '14 Tom 1

Mineral Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mineral Mortgages