Motorcycle Accident Friday evening on...

Motorcycle Accident Friday evening on Route 208 near Route 522.

Posted in the Mineral Forum

Mike James

United States

#1 Apr 13, 2008
There was a serious motorcycle accident Friday evening (4/11). Route 208 was closed and a lifeline helicopter was brought in to transport the motorcycle driver. Does anyone have any news about the circumstances?
Lacy

Alexandria, VA

#2 Apr 14, 2008
I was wondering the same thing. We were on our way to Lake Anna and tried to take 208 but it was closed around 6pm Friday. The road was still closed around 11pm when a friend tried to take 208. I spoke to a lady working at Dickenson Store around 6, and she was told that there was a head on collision between a motorcycle and a car, but no word on if anyone was killed.
friend

Bethesda, MD

#3 Apr 15, 2008
The motorcycle driver wasn't killed by the accident.
Lacy

Alexandria, VA

#4 Apr 15, 2008
good, I hope he is ok and he pulls through.
Beware

Oakton, VA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
The driver of the truck cut a corner and hit the M/C on the side. A friend, who knows the M/C driver, says the motorcyclist lost a leg in the incident.
knows person on mc

Lehighton, PA

#6 May 11, 2009
i think they should of tested him for drugs and seen what really happend
becky

Manassas, VA

#7 Aug 30, 2010
so you think you know the mc driver? whats your name..btw they ALWAYS test for drugs..i think you are an ass no test needed.
Tom

Ashburn, VA

#8 Sep 6, 2010
If the truck hit the m/c driver, then the trucker should be tested. Not only for drugs, but eyeglasses.
Spotsylvania Resident

United States

#9 Sep 6, 2010
It is unfortunate to learn of such a serious accident. I offer my sincerest thoughts & prayers to you and your family. I frequent both of these routes on a regular basis & depending on the exact location of the accident, some of the turns on 208 can be quite dangerous. It is devasting to learn that the M/C Rider lost a limb in this obvious horrific accident, life will never be the same, and you will be faced with many challenges related to this. I hope that you find the support and strength to endure the recovery that is ahead of you.
We just don't never know what we will encounter on these roads, that can be so treacherous. Please everyone when you are driving our rural roads of Spotsylvania, be thoughtful that others lives are in your hands. A vehicle of any type is a deadly weapon, if not used with caution.

Hope your recovery is uneventful, and you adapt quickly.

Thoughts & Prayers to All Involved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Up to $25,000 reward possible TERRYNEROSHOOTING... Aug 21 open for plea deals 1
boxing gym in Louisa Aug 17 Dewey Keeton 1
Cat Fraud Aug 3 Anonymous 1
Cassidy Mcadams. (Oct '10) Jul '16 8675309Jim 4
house fire Apr '16 joe rider 2
Steve, Tina or Mike Smith (Feb '16) Apr '16 Curious 3
News Va. county seeks dismissal of Walmart challenge... (Feb '10) Feb '16 Sam 7

Mineral Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance