Cantor pledges federal money for earthquake aid

Full story: CBS News

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor assured his constituents on Wednesday that Congress "will find the monies" to assist earthquake victims in Mineral, Virginia - but the Republican lawmaker noted that "those monies will be offset with appropriate savings or cost-cutting elsewhere." Cantor and Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell, speaking together in a ... (more)
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2011
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

What Federal Money???????

Oh yes, he means those numbers on a computer screen, just a click away from riches or poverty...

Something to be said about living in a 'Virtual Reality World'...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

I thought Boner's butt boy was all about CUTTING govt spending?

I'm guessing any cuts or offsets will come from programs which help poor people.

Here's an idea- use the billions in tax breaks given to the oil companies on aid.....

Plus I thought Cantor was big on states rights? Well then let Virginia take care of their own problems with their own taxpayers money. Why should my tax dollars from Michigan go to help in yet another coastal "emergency"?
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

The longstanding generosity of the top 5% of income earners in America get to help out another town. Meanwhile, the lower 50% of income earners will continue paying no taxes and still get all sorts of free money each year from the top 5%, not counting the many non-income earners, who work under the table and pay no taxes, while watching their big flat screen TVs.
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

Getflushed wrote:
The longstanding generosity of the top 5% of income earners in America get to help out another town. Meanwhile, the lower 50% of income earners will continue paying no taxes and still get all sorts of free money each year from the top 5%, not counting the many non-income earners, who work under the table and pay no taxes, while watching their big flat screen TVs.
Don't get so bent, this taxation scheme has been working just fine since the FED set it up...

Don't rock the boat, just know that the top 5% can afford it...
Tea party vile hypocrites

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

EVERY tea party politician is a hypocrite just like those who voted for them.

Virginia who voted for Caantor should be denied ANY federal gvm't.

Same way Florida who voted for Marco Rubio should be denied any fed aid when hurricane hits.

Tea party bunch are the first screaming for fed aid.
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get so bent, this taxation scheme has been working just fine since the FED set it up...
Don't rock the boat, just know that the top 5% can afford it...
The role of the top 5% is to create jobs and generate human energy, not put free TVs on people's walls and parlay bail out funds into Democrat reelection campaigns. A Communist Democrat run privately owned Fed can only get so far with this "a car in every garage, pot in every pipe" crap.
Tea party vile hypocrites

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
I thought Boner's butt boy was all about CUTTING govt spending?
I'm guessing any cuts or offsets will come from programs which help poor people.
Here's an idea- use the billions in tax breaks given to the oil companies on aid.....
Plus I thought Cantor was big on states rights? Well then let Virginia take care of their own problems with their own taxpayers money. Why should my tax dollars from Michigan go to help in yet another coastal "emergency"?
Last state election, Florida voted straight tea party so please do not give us a damn penny in federal aid if hurricane hits this yr or next.

Cuban run Miami-dade voted for all tea party republicans so esp no aid here.
However we will be the first screaming for aid if we get hit. We will scream for aid faster than key west who usually gets hit the hardest.

Irony is that we do suck up your tax money in our assorted bogus REPUBLICAN "Cuba libre" funds.

"A report by the Cuban-American National Foundation released in May showed that less than 17 percent of $65 million in federal Cuba aid funds spent during the past 10 years went to ''direct, on-island assistance.'' The bulk of the money, the report said, went to academic studies and expenses of exile organizations, mostly in Miami and Washington."

http://www.cubalibreblog.com/2008_07_01_archi...

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

Getflushed wrote:
Oh please, we all know you're among the lower 50%. Who are you trying to fool?
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, we all know you're among the lower 50%. Who are you trying to fool?
Know who your friends are, but know who your enemies are better, is my motto. Historically, it's never worked out well, for the lowest common detritus in society to tell the creators of wealth what to do and how to do it. It ends up hurting those really in need and unable, instead of a bunch of freeloaders and arrogant thieves.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Suck it Cantor! Keep your Teabagging fingers off our tax dollars.
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Suck it Cantor! Keep your Teabagging fingers off our tax dollars.
Oh please, we all know you don't pay any taxes and hoard your stolen monies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New year, 'new' school in Locust Grove When Ora... Aug 25 Marilee who 1
3 People Shot At "Go-Go" Party In Spotsylvania Aug 24 FBI 1
Tyreek Davis Aug 22 Vraiblonde 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Lake Anna is sprouting (Apr '10) Jul 30 ABX 25
watty (Sep '12) Jul '14 Ricky 4
Looking for Charles in Ferncliff (Jun '13) Jul '14 Vaor 6
•••
•••
•••

Mineral Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mineral People Search