Georgia Border Residents Going Out-of...

Georgia Border Residents Going Out-of-State to Acquire Legal, Short-Term Cash Advances

There are 2 comments on the Earth Times story from Mar 7, 2007, titled Georgia Border Residents Going Out-of-State to Acquire Legal, Short-Term Cash Advances. In it, Earth Times reports that:

“Georgians who need a short-term cash advance to help them with unplanned expenses should not have to go to another state to get that help. These are voters and they are vocal, and they want the option in Georgia.”

Residents from Georgia border towns like Toccoa, Columbus, LaGrange, Carrollton, Rome, Dalton and others are crossing state lines to acquire legal, short-term ... via Earth Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earth Times.

tangela jones

Savannah, GA

#1 Oct 8, 2007
yes i'm in waycross,ga and can't get a loan here is bazaar and its bad enough we have to go out of town to work and shop and to have to leave town for a loan. make waycross residents wonder why are we still here

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 May 7, 2012
I understand that people get themselves in a jamb occasionally and need this service but it needs to be regulated. Most payday load places charge 575% interest on these. In most cases the people who get these loans can't pay it all back because of the interest, or because they are bad with money, and have to pay to extend the load several times. This puts them on a treadmill that they find is difficult to get off of. These loan companies count on this to make the real money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineral Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's so difficult about the 515/Walmart inter... 9 hr Wilbur 25
Unity Church of the Mts -- heresy Sat Reverend Jim 57
Looking for new school superintendent Sat Pay up sucka 12
BRMEMC winter storm grade Dec 15 Zippy 42
money question? Dec 15 Velvet Jones 29
BEER is BACTERIA PEE.....enjoy! (Jul '10) Dec 14 Beer Mr 13
Friend, Lover? Dec 14 Dirk Diggler 12

Mineral Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance