Bus driver charged with DUI

Nov 14, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Observer

News Observer photo/Brian K. Finnicum Robert Winston Harper faces charges in connection with this Wednesday's school bus wreck.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Concerned

Waunakee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Shame shame shame
Concerned

Waunakee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

does school bus insurance cover DUI's?

Since: Nov 08

Epworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

There should be HUGE punishments for this type of thing. Quite honestly if my daughter or son was hurt on a bus from a driver being under the influence, I would really have to restrain myself from hunting that person down despite the fact that I would end up in jail and it wouldn't solve anything. Just the point that someone would be that ignorant would justify my actions. I would be full of rage if my kids got hurt due to a driver like this.
fannin citizen

Onalaska, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

I agree...any one who drives a bus drunk should be put under the jail.
Concerned

Waunakee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Lets go to the
School
board about this.. I am.
Joshua

Mossyrock, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Concerned wrote:
Lets go to the
School
board about this.. I am.
Oh there is soooo much more going on in the schools....
Bob

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Joshua wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh there is soooo much more going on in the schools....
Such as?
hate blue ridge

Hotchkiss, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

sowhat

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

hate blue ridge wrote:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/my fox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video. jsp?contentId=7892962&vers ion=1&locale=EN-US
This is nothing new! All of this was in the paper.
S Hanawalt

Canton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

I am highly disappointed someone who has been entrusted with the lives of precious children would be so careless and foolish as to drive imapired! This is an outrage! Law Enforcement is already working quite diligently to ensure a safe passage on the counties roadways to protect us all, I would have and everyone should expect more from a school bus driver, I know I sure do! I hope this person is NOT still allowed to drive the bus for the school district. This type of negligence should never be tolerated nor allowed. Thank you officers for doing your very best to protect us all. I understand officers can not be everywhere at all times, and I am honored to have such outstanding officers working so diligently to protect each and every one of us.
Also if this case does need to be monitored in the court system, I will gladly monitor this, just contact me. Those in law enforcement know who I am.
peace

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

Judged:

I so glag no one was hurt children and the bus driver.No thanks to the law forcememt they are a bunch of dick heads. They have never helped me when I needed them .
Former Fannin Resident

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

Judged:

I grew up in Fannin County and rode the bus and my bus driver was intoxicated a lot. Of course this was in the 70's and the laws were not as strict on drunk driving then. I am sure that he is no longer driving a bus now because he was older back then.
Upinarms

Paonia, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Fannin's school bus drivers are not paid well. They receive little or no training. Ask your children about their bus driver, because most of them are horrible. They say inappropriate things to the children. They don't enforce discipline.
In so many aspects, the Fannin school district seems to be winging it. Rules are made and changed on the fly and at the whimsy of administrators. Administrators lie about what happens at the school.
One day couple of weeks ago, there were 3 separate fights at the high school. One child had his head busted on a water cooler.
Administration's threatened response is to charge the kids in court if it happens again. These are kids; they don't think ahead. This is going to prevent few, if any, fights.
If the teachers and administration listened to kids and parents, who complain again and again of abuse and harassment, many disputes would never get to the point of violence.
At the same time, we're lucky our kids aren't bringing in guns and knives like they do in many other systems. But that's not because of the school district, but of the way parents are raising their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mineral Bluff Discussions

Search the Mineral Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 min The WB 47,698
Favorite store in Blue Ridge? 5 hr Caz 39
Zero Dark Thirty 5 hr Caz 30
New stores in Blue Ridge 6 hr Wharf Rat 4
whistle stop 6 hr new 1
Where Is YOUR SPLOST MONEY Going? 9 hr Paraprofessional 198
Ingles Meat Department 10 hr Madame LaForte 8
•••
•••

Mineral Bluff News Video

•••
•••

Mineral Bluff Jobs