Boy survives getting hit by train -

Boy survives getting hit by train -

There are 332 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 9, 2007, titled Boy survives getting hit by train -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 16-year-old boy, walking in the middle of the railroad tracks with a 17-year-old friend, was struck by a westbound Long Island Rail Road train late Thursday night just west of the Floral Park station, police ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
mike

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Nov 9, 2007
Maybe the LIRR shouldnt have cut down ALL THOSE TREES ALONG THE TRACKS!!! Now its so easy for kids to get in trouble near the tracks!
God bless him

New York, NY

#6 Nov 9, 2007
Phelim did not survive, please be considerate of his family at this awful time.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#9 Nov 9, 2007
God bless him wrote:
sympathy to the family
Barb

Berkeley, CA

#10 Nov 9, 2007
Sympathies to the families. No sympathies to the morons who make stupid comments like it's the LIRR's fault for cutting down trees.
I think the fault lies exactly where it should, and the kid paid for his mistake with his life. No need for unkind remarks.
ryox82

Hackensack, NJ

#11 Nov 9, 2007
Its a shame he did not survive and to complain about being stuck because of his ignorance is not very tasteful. Really though I have always wondered, aside from a car getting stuck on the tracks, how somebody can actually manage to get hit by a train and not do it on purpose. You can see and hear it coming no problem. I know a lot of people are going to be thinking the obvious things to themselves but try for once to be a little considerate and try to imagine what this kids mother is going through. Thats all I have to say on that really. I am sure there will still be some degenerates here that will say some nasty stuff.
Common sense

King Of Prussia, PA

#13 Nov 9, 2007
God bless him wrote:
If the victim has any younger brothers or sisters, I hope the parents sit them down and tell them not to run with scissors, don't play in traffic and don't play on railroad tracks.
regular guy

United States

#14 Nov 9, 2007
What a bunch of nasty people!! My condolenses to his family.
NancyK

Glen Head, NY

#18 Nov 9, 2007
my sympathies to the family and friends. What a shame. Too young
Get Real

Hinesburg, VT

#24 Nov 9, 2007
There is more to this story than meets the eye. Regardless of all the tasteless comments, no one is that stupid. My friends and I used the railroad tracks areas and shortcuts when we were in our teens. There is no way you can't see/hear a train coming at you. This kid's friend has to answer some serious questions.
LIer

Bronx, NY

#25 Nov 9, 2007
nick wrote:
My condolences to the boy's family.
But three questions must be asked:
Why was a 16-year-old boy out at 10:45 pm on a school night?
Why were they walking by the railroad tracks?
What were they thinking?
But I have no sympathy for the old lady.She did not "turn onto the tracks by mistake".Translation: she was trying to drive around the gates and beat the train.Guess she couldn't
wait.
Just another example of two idiots causing problems for thousand of others.
Re: the "old lady". Were you there? Neither was I, but from what all the witnesses say, she did turn onto the tracks, the gates were not down and there was no train coming. Maybe someday, just maybe, the rest of us can aspire to be as holy, spotless and perfect as you claim to be. But, I doubt it.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#31 Nov 9, 2007
nick wrote:
But I have no sympathy for the old lady.She did not "turn onto the tracks by mistake".Translation: she was trying to drive around the gates and beat the train.Guess she couldn't
wait.
quote...."Shortly before 5:40 p.m., a 63-year-old Floral Park woman was driving south on Roslyn Road at an intersection where the roadway crosses the Long Island Rail Road tracks. She turned right onto the tracks, apparently thinking it was a street, according to MTA police.
That's when her car got stuck."

the gates were no where near down at the time she turned onto the tracks.
there is alot of construction going on in the area and can cause alot of confusion.
of course

Brentwood, NY

#33 Nov 9, 2007
mike wrote:
Maybe the LIRR shouldnt have cut down ALL THOSE TREES ALONG THE TRACKS!!! Now its so easy for kids to get in trouble near the tracks!
Typical, always someone out there looking to blame someone else. My 2year old know that train tracks are dangerous....
Yvonne Woodhaven-NY

United States

#37 Nov 9, 2007
What must have been going on in his head when he could plainly see, hear and feel a train coming. Life is too precious to waste it. The lady should not be driving any more either. Her license should be taken away for good. Don't take anyone down with you.
WHAT

Long Beach, NY

#38 Nov 9, 2007
I agree 100%. You find alot of heartless freaks on these forums.

You know if it was their kid they would blame the LIRR in a heartbeat.
You Are Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the others like you who posted this type of comment should rot in hell. The child is dead and all you can do is complain that you were delayed. What a sick sob you all are.
Faust

Addison, TX

#45 Nov 9, 2007
mike wrote:
At 16/17 you know better than to be on the god damn tracks
Faust

Addison, TX

#47 Nov 9, 2007
You Are Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the others like you who posted this type of comment should rot in hell. The child is dead and all you can do is complain that you were delayed. What a sick sob you all are.
A lot of us commuters have families that we want to get home to. Wives we wnat to eat dinner with, kids we want to see before they go to bed.

I pay over $3,600 a year to ride the LIRR 90 minutes each way.

Damn right we get pissed when someone is WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG gets hits and ruins our night.

The train didn't jump off the tracks and hit him, this accident is 100% the kids fault.
Bullwinkle

Dunellen, NJ

#48 Nov 9, 2007
CBunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit murdering squirrels, and Newsday needs to get it straight -- did he survive or did he die of his injuries? They have some serious crack-head writers.
I've found that if you aim directly at the squirrel, you never hit it, the problem starts when you try to avoide hitting it.
APL

Warren, NJ

#49 Nov 9, 2007
I wich my sincerest condolences to the family of this young boy.
Grasp The Obvious

King Of Prussia, PA

#51 Nov 9, 2007
"It was unclear which train struck the boy. "

IT WAS THE BIG SILVER ONE!
Talk2Me

Bronx, NY

#53 Nov 9, 2007
Honestly, this is just another example of dumb. Shortcuts or not crossing the tracks is one thing, but to walk along the tracks is entirely stupid, you will never see anyone from my gene pool doing this, and why? Because we posses the basic intelligence level not to get killed, how stupid can people,children,and the elderly truly be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mineola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is the chief of north merrick FD parked in ... 2 hr Rich Deth 1
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Thu Cubtx 8
News Police: 6 teens go missing from Mercy First gro... Sep 17 tom montalbano 1
malverne police chief (May '08) Sep 17 tekken77 12
News Bideawee animal shelter to close Wantagh adopti... (Feb '09) Sep 17 Rydejulia2014 53
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Sep 17 John Prout 18
Lost turtle help Sep 14 Ruth 2

Mineola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mineola Mortgages