Water Meter Swap Problems

Water Meter Swap Problems

Posted in the Mine Hill Forum

Mine Hill Resident

Bronx, NY

#1 Aug 24, 2012
Has anyone in Mine Hill had any problems with their water pipes after the town switched the water meters out? Any feedback-positive or negative is welcomed

Thanks
lnf13

Wharton, NJ

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Not as of yet , but they were sure in a hurry to send a mailer stating that all of a sudden we need pressure valves blah blah blah...
They should be spending more time trying to find the people breaking into the homes instead.
Mine Hill

Bronx, NY

#3 Aug 29, 2012
We just had ours swicthed out this weekend and have not noticed anything wrong nor did we get the notice.
mine hill resident

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2012
lnf13 wrote:
Not as of yet , but they were sure in a hurry to send a mailer stating that all of a sudden we need pressure valves blah blah blah...
They should be spending more time trying to find the people breaking into the homes instead.
It's interesting that you bring up theft b\c the mailer send the reason why they did the water meter swamp is the town was losing money b\c some water meters were broken and there were also people stealing other people's water.

Thanks for commenting
mine hill resident

United States

#5 Aug 29, 2012
Mine Hill wrote:
We just had ours swicthed out this weekend and have not noticed anything wrong nor did we get the notice.
My pipes were rattling after they did the water meter swap and i called the town and they sent the people who did the swap. They came out and send it was the drain pipe and had nothing to do with the water meter swap. I may have to call a plumber out here. I'm not sure if the dpw did the job or it was sub-contracted. I know the police force is subcontracted out to Wharton.

Thanks for commenting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mine Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime auto dealer J.B. Grecco developing Sho... (Sep '10) Mar '17 Kim 19
Dover police (Apr '13) Feb '17 Ant 2
News 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at NJ clinic (Mar '09) Feb '17 Her side- 71
News Mine Hill may get full-time mayor (Mar '14) Dec '16 fedup 2
News Clients detail problems with Randolph home desi... (Nov '06) Dec '16 Main 6
lvrhs planetarium (May '16) May '16 Disappointed 1
News N.J. teen who sued parents back in court in dom... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Curious 1

Mine Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mine Hill Mortgages