Misty Dee, Ex Douglas Couny Deputy. Gardnerville, Nv.

Posted in the Minden Forum

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2013
concerned citizen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Judged:

Misty Dee is a thief. She admitted to stealing bond money, and stealing from the elderly. Her excuse? She is bi-polar. Cry me a river, Bitch!
Friends of Misty

Hamilton, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
Misty Dee is a thief. She admitted to stealing bond money, and stealing from the elderly. Her excuse? She is bi-polar. Cry me a river, Bitch!
Response. Actually, I know this person and she has worked hard for Douglas County for over 15 years. She has had a spotless record prior to this incident and still has many friends within the Sheriff's department who care for her and support her. She has worked with troubled youth and made a difference in many people's lives.

Basically, people make mistakes. Even cops. Get over it. Usually the ones who stand so high and mighty condemning so quickly, like so many of our political and religious leaders, usually have the most to hide.

According to the court records, Misty was documented to be on some pretty strong anti-depressants (probably, due to the stress of the job), with many well known and documented side-effects. Im sure anyone in law enforcement knows the job can take a huge toll on your health, physical and/or mental. Try to walk a mile in someone elses shoes...

Hmmm, Im sure a person who calls someone a "Bitch" who is going through a difficult time, could not understand how to have compassion, empathy or the ability to see the whole picture. I'm sure whoever wrote that has never made any mistakes, never taken anything in their life, and has no regrets about any of their actions. Not to mention, Im sure that whoever wrote their comment, are out there in the public, helping the "elderly" everyday....as Misty was for over 15 years.

Remember, life isn't black and white, neither are people. Misty is a good person, loved by many, who made some mistakes. You might be a good person too, but comments that you made just show ignorance and hate.
Friend from GRD NV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

I also know this person and she is an awesome person....she was over prescribed meds. She went to the doctor over & over and they never realized it....she had a terrible time. She took the $$ thinking it would make her family safe-delutions in her mind....she had money in the bank and no need to do this, it made no sence....so to make such a harsh comment and judgement...so sad...Many people in our community support her and love her! She is putting her life back together...I wish her luck...
Ditto in GRD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

She is a wonderfull person and a great mother. Her family(2 kids & partner) are admired by many.
Good luck girl!!! We love you and are behind you!!
concerned citizen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

Judged:

Misty Dee victimized the most vulnerable. The elderly. I stand by my statements. She is a thief. The medications didn't make her steal, they lifted her inhibitions and released characteristics that were always there. Plain and simply, she is a thief.
Ditto in GRD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
Misty Dee victimized the most vulnerable. The elderly. I stand by my statements. She is a thief. The medications didn't make her steal, they lifted her inhibitions and released characteristics that were always there. Plain and simply, she is a thief.
So sorry you have no compasion. The over prescribed medication had her experience delutions....thinking her family was in danger and she needed to help them....she took the money for that reason. Why else would someone toss a 20 year career(for 3000.00) when she had THOUSANDS in the bank??? She was not in her right mind....
Stand by your statements! I only hope people will stand by you in your hour of need and show some comp. and support....
concerned citizen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

Judged:

The breaking of any law is more exaggerated when it is law enforcement doing it. Where were all her "friends" on the force, when she was exhibiting such rash behavior? Life is not fair. All we can do is conduct ourselves in an hororable fashion. Do know harm should be everyones motto. I am sorry, but your friend is a thief, who victimized the elderly, mainly because she didn't want to touch her own finances. Her judgement will come from a higher source than you or I. For your information, when my hour of need came, no one stood with me. It is better to learn to stand alone.
Friends of Misty

Anaconda, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

And so you will....stand alone that is.

Sorry no one was there for you. That is sad. Fortunately for Misty...many people will continue to stand by her. Remember, defining someone by a few acts, in their moment of weakness (regardless of their job), is being extremely small minded. We are the sum of all the things we do in this life...good and bad.

Misty is still way ahead on the "good" things she has done in her life, way ahead, so Im sure she will do fine with this "judgement" you speak of. Im sure you will do fin with your own judgement, even though you are throwing stones at a person you do not know.
Stormy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

Friends of Misty wrote:
<quoted text>
Response. Actually, I know this person and she has worked hard for Douglas County for over 15 years. She has had a spotless record prior to this incident and still has many friends within the Sheriff's department who care for her and support her. She has worked with troubled youth and made a difference in many people's lives.
Basically, people make mistakes. Even cops. Get over it. Usually the ones who stand so high and mighty condemning so quickly, like so many of our political and religious leaders, usually have the most to hide.
According to the court records, Misty was documented to be on some pretty strong anti-depressants (probably, due to the stress of the job), with many well known and documented side-effects. Im sure anyone in law enforcement knows the job can take a huge toll on your health, physical and/or mental. Try to walk a mile in someone elses shoes...
Hmmm, Im sure a person who calls someone a "Bitch" who is going through a difficult time, could not understand how to have compassion, empathy or the ability to see the whole picture. I'm sure whoever wrote that has never made any mistakes, never taken anything in their life, and has no regrets about any of their actions. Not to mention, Im sure that whoever wrote their comment, are out there in the public, helping the "elderly" everyday....as Misty was for over 15 years.
Remember, life isn't black and white, neither are people. Misty is a good person, loved by many, who made some mistakes. You might be a good person too, but comments that you made just show ignorance and hate.
STOP making excuses for this lady. She is a thief and thats the facts. YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT. Misty is NOT A good person so quit defending her acts. What good person steals from friends and others and can justify it. I am sure she only got caught for a small portion of what she has really stolen from others. Also, I know many people who are bi-polar and take madication and that does NOT make you do the things she did. I know that first hand. YOU NEED TO JUST STOP as you are looking stupid yourself.
Ditto in GRD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Stormy,

Maybe the act was NOT good....but to say she is NOT a good person is not correct....SHE is a good person. I do NOT defend the acts! But I will defend the person...a few acts will not out weigh the good she has done in her life...Your facts on Bi-polar are also incorrect...many people on or off medication have these type of episodes...look at Patty Duke-famous actress who stood in a mall, took of her clothes and called everyone to gather around her...for she was Jesus.....she was in a hospital for several months after that in the 90's..she meds were off.....PLUS Misty had been OVER prescribed meds....5 TIMES over and that is proven by the origanal script on file at the drug store......I agree with the previos statement to do NO harm.....but also that includes everyone who seems to be passing such harsh judgement...
Truly concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

RE: Deputy Misty Dee I am not familiar with this criminal case, however, I am very concerned about some of the comments. If Deputy Dee really is bi-polar, what we used to call manic-depressive, that is the designation for a profound mental illness. Why would we have a law enforcement employee, who is authorized to carry a gun 24/7, who has a profound mental illness? Sounds like that situation would be dangerous to all concerned; the mentally ill employee, fellow employees and the public at large. Don't police officers have to pass a medical examination and a psychological exam? Terms such as bi-polar should not be thrown around lightly. And, of course, none of us is perfect. Even the most exemplary amound us has made mistakes and done things that they knew were wrong. The larger question here might be about why, if this person is actually mentally ill, were they hired for a job that involves a great deal of stress? And, a job that involves life and death decision making? I'm not a cop and never have been,but I know that is a tough job. I personally think it is one of the hardest jobs in the world. Requires lots of instant judgements and decisions that end up being analyzed by people who weren't there, under calm and safe conditions, removed from the scene entirely. So, let's start out with the best we can hire for these jobs. That means they just have to be mentally stable to begin with. In closing, I am very familiar with the "Hate the sin not the sinner," sentiment. It just doesn't apply to all circumstances.
Morgan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

I happen to know Misty. She is bi-polar and is SEVERELY over-prescribed in medication. She lives in my neighborhood, and I come over several times a week to help her get together. She is very nice and caring! She gave me Candy (MMM) when I helped her, etc. Learn to be caring, not dirty caniving haters and racists.
Caring

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Morgan wrote:
I happen to know Misty. She is bi-polar and is SEVERELY over-prescribed in medication. She lives in my neighborhood, and I come over several times a week to help her get together. She is very nice and caring! She gave me Candy (MMM) when I helped her, etc. Learn to be caring, not dirty caniving haters and racists.
Who are you....I know Misty and she is NOT bi-polar(she was over medicated for a anxiety/stress disorder) and does not have anyone "come over to help her get it together" ???? and gives candy???? Very strange.....

She is kind & caring and struggles to this day about what she did.....we wish her all the best...
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Misty Dee is a Crook----stop making excuses for you outrageous behavior and theft. She is no longer a role model for youth or anyone else, as she is now a criminal. She needs serious psychiatric help and she should never ever been in any public role...especially helping troubled youth. She is not to be trusted.
Mona

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

I just wanted to respond to your beautiful comments about Misty. I live in Carson City, NV and do not know or have even heard about Misty's story. I do not read the paper much. Your comments alone have made me respond. You should be commended for being a true friend. People do make mistakes and there should be forgiveness in this world; without it what do we have. We have comments like the one you are referring to. Just horrible anger and hate. I hope that Misty hangs in there, and leans toward her TRUE friends and she will come out fine, she will find her way. And you are one of them, bless you. Like Jesus said, those who have not sinned stand and cast the first stone.
Friends of Misty wrote:
<quoted text>
Upbeat

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

I know Misty personally and she is not this great person that some of her co-workers are trying to say. I did work with her and she was not this wonderful person. She has a huge ego, thinks she is smarter than everyone else around her and use to getting anything she wanted. I understand that people want to stand up for her, but she is not this totally innocent loving person. I know her far better than that. I truly don't believe that it was the medication. I know lots of people that are bi-polar that don't take meds at all, and have not done this stuff. I know her well and she is NOT this WONDERUL, LOVING, human being. I have known her for well over 25 years and I am just speaking the truth. I do apologize, I am not a hater, and just say what I know and it's the truth. Misty and Debbie both have severe problems. I hope that she gets her act together and has learned a very valuable lesson. This comment is not meant to offend anyone, but just trying to speak the absolute truth of what I do know.
bullshiet

Rockwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

WTF The dumb as druggie cop was not force fed the damn pills WAKE UP DUMB ASSES !!!! Oh yeah the bartender made me drink too much and my fork made me fat ! IT's not my fault. The little girl touched me and I liked it oh not my fault
Ditto in GRD wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry you have no compasion. The over prescribed medication had her experience delutions....thinking her family was in danger and she needed to help them....she took the money for that reason. Why else would someone toss a 20 year career(for 3000.00) when she had THOUSANDS in the bank??? She was not in her right mind....
Stand by your statements! I only hope people will stand by you in your hour of need and show some comp. and support....
Still solid friend

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Hey upbeat.....let me guess, tried to sleep with her and she said no and now your pissed off....hmmm. I have known Misty and Family for 22+ years....and since 2007 she has turned it all around.....now a marriage and family counselor and a substance abuse counselor working on her masters degree.....she has come along way.....the family still lives and works in Gardnerville and is big involved in charity events and donating needs to the children's shelter, careing for elderly and a passion for homeless animals....they are a great family and a great example of how a family stays together during good and bad times.....the people they help will never forget what they do.....let the past go.....keep moving forward, so proud of your daughters and love you all....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Minden Discussions

Search the Minden Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
RSVP July 4th Celebration set for Mills Park (Jun '11) Jul '14 Tami 3
Weekend picks Jul '14 muzak 1
Sheriff Kenny Furlong wins re-election with 60 ... Jun '14 Roseanya 1
NV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) May '14 Sgt Peppers 785
NV Who do you support for Governor in Nevada in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr '14 MikeMike 134
A girl throws away her family ! (May '13) Dec '13 Rufus 2
Washoe GOP crowd roars for the 'infamous' Jim W... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rufus 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minden People Search