Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Eric

Aurora, IL

#75560 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Shameless man. Go away.
Truth hurts, right Joel

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#75561 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Walmart ice cream sandwich fails to melt after 75 minutes in the 80-degree F sun. What's it made of? Synthetics? LOL.
Is guar gum or cellulose a synthetic?

Fascinating article on the matter:
http://www.fromquarkstoquasars.com/why-dont-w...

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#75562 Aug 5, 2014
I have sounded out Aviram Rozin of Auroville via e-mail on this approaching sinister aspect of the globalist-staged WW 3 of the near future and also reminded him of the Mother's vision on the march of heavily armed Chinese troops into the heart of India right up to its southern-most point and I also told him about the forewarning issued by the SSRF on the disastrous aftermath of the war and asked him to lay greater emphasis on self-reliance and preparedness. He thanked me and someone else said it would be ok for them at Auroville. I guess Rozin et al who're Israelis living in Auroville know all about the coming staged conflict and what it holds for the world and for them at the UN-sponsored international commune of Auroville. Auroville is a globalist controlled city who is remote controlled by some very important people in India, US, UK and Israel. Auroville is the kind of world the globalists envisage for the rest of the world who survive the coming approaching. IMAGINE scripted and set to music by the mind control experts at one the globalist run Tavistock fronts and then given to John Lennon to render is one of the hot favorite songs sung at Auroville and this song says it all. John Lennon publicly revealed his close links with the globalists and narrated how he was a puppet in their hands and was thereafter killed by them. Michael Jackson, too, spoke openly of the syndicate and paid with his life.

Location hidden

#75563 Aug 5, 2014
The adhesive forces among the various plant-based ingredients are more potent than the cohesive forces binding the particles of the individual inputs thereby making the ice-cream more stable to thermal disintegration. But, who knows, what else has been secretly added to the Walmart ice-cream to make it more heat-resistant than say another brand of ice-cream.....LMFAO.

Location hidden

#75564 Aug 5, 2014
Pardon the typos in my posts. I can't focus as I am down with high fever and have an upset stomach. Later. Bye.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75565 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Pardon the typos in my posts. I can't focus as I am down with high fever and have an upset stomach. Later. Bye.
Have you been messing with G-d again?

Location hidden

#75566 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The adhesive forces among the various plant-based ingredients are more potent than the cohesive forces binding the particles of the individual inputs thereby making the ice-cream more stable to thermal disintegration. But, who knows, what else has been secretly added to the Walmart ice-cream to make it more heat-resistant than say another brand of ice-cream.....LMFAO.
If you read the article (or have any experience with food chem) the properties of emulsifiers are well known. Emulsifiers are also a cheap way to bulk up the food.

Walmart made the claim that it was the cream content, not the guar. Obviously they are idiots for assuming people would buy that explanation.

Location hidden

#75567 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
How many times have we told you to stop with the monkey sex already!

Location hidden

#75568 Aug 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

If you read the article (or have any experience with food chem) the properties of emulsifiers are well known. Emulsifiers are also a cheap way to bulk up the food.

Walmart made the claim that it was the cream content, not the guar. Obviously they are idiots for assuming people would buy that explanation.
I know the chemistry of emulsifiers but am not convinced by Walmart's explanation.

A normal ice-cream is made with a specific ratio of ingredients or else it will not have the desired consistency.

I think Walmart, given its shady rep and destructive tendencies against which many protests have been launched in many parts of the world including India, is secretly adding a certain percentage of synthetics to the ice-cream mix which ups the adhesive forces over the cohesive forces of the various ingredients thereby making it relatively more thermally stable than a normal ice-cream.

Well, whatever...

Location hidden

#75569 Aug 5, 2014
I am also feeling nauseous and threw up twice. Later.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75570 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am also feeling nauseous and threw up twice. Later.
Too much Wal Mart ice cream, I guess

Location hidden

#75571 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the chemistry of emulsifiers but am not convinced by Walmart's explanation.
A normal ice-cream is made with a specific ratio of ingredients or else it will not have the desired consistency.
I think Walmart, given its shady rep and destructive tendencies against which many protests have been launched in many parts of the world including India, is secretly adding a certain percentage of synthetics to the ice-cream mix which ups the adhesive forces over the cohesive forces of the various ingredients thereby making it relatively more thermally stable than a normal ice-cream.
Well, whatever...
YOu would be more convinced HAD you actually read my post and the article carefully

try again

Walmart claimed it was due to a high cream content. The author debunked that with the simple observation that emulsifiers (of which cream is not, and guar gum and cellulose IS) do have these properties

Maybe in India you guys dont discuss health food very often but its been a relatively common debate here in the US regarding the use of guar gum and cellulose in ice cream. Google "saw dust in Ice Cream".

Location hidden

#75572 Aug 5, 2014
ADDENDUM

There's nothing to prevent Walmart from surreptitiously adding thermally stable synthetics to the ice-cream mix which I why it showed remarkable resistance to heat (80 degree F) that would cause a normal ice-cream to melt. The author's claims on the qualitative analysis of the ice-cream have not been verified. Only if a surfactant is added to an emulsion does its kinetic stability increase but its thermal stability remains vulnerable to rise in temperature. I think the Walmart ice-cream is not an emulsion for which both phases should be liquid but a colloid - a solid in liquid type. BTW, molecular stability of an emulsion is inversely proportional to temperature, whereas, in the Walmart case, the ice-cream displayed remarkable thermal stability when exposed to atmospheric heat. Well, I am the least interested in the chemistry of the ice-cream. I don't want to think of Chemistry since I performed not so well in the Chemistry paper at the IIT JEE but scored exceptionally well in Math and Physics. The not so good score in Chemistry dragged my rank down towards AIR (All India Rank) 250, otherwise it would have been in the top 150 ranks. Good bye to Chem. Health foods are the rage here since millennia. I pick up most of my foods from exclusive specialty health food stores that stock global health foods and in the villages and small towns in India most people eat farm fresh organic foods. I can't type anymore. Resting, for some time. Bye.

Location hidden

#75573 Aug 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Too much Wal Mart ice cream, I guess
I buy nothing from Walmart stores.

Location hidden

#75574 Aug 5, 2014
Bye. Later.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75575 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the plight of the untouchables in India. I will send some food stamps to you so you can afford to dine on the high quality that is known as Great Value Foods.

Location hidden

#75576 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
ADDENDUM
There's nothing to prevent Walmart from surreptitiously adding thermally stable synthetics to the ice-cream mix which I why it showed remarkable resistance to heat (80 degree F) that would cause a normal ice-cream to melt. The author's claims on the qualitative analysis of the ice-cream have not been verified. Only if a surfactant is added to an emulsion does its kinetic stability increase but its thermal stability remains vulnerable to rise in temperature. I think the Walmart ice-cream is not an emulsion for which both phases should be liquid but a colloid - a solid in liquid type. BTW, molecular stability of an emulsion is inversely proportional to temperature, whereas, in the Walmart case, the ice-cream displayed remarkable thermal stability when exposed to atmospheric heat. Well, I am the least interested in the chemistry of the ice-cream. I don't want to think of Chemistry since I performed not so well in the Chemistry paper at the IIT JEE but scored exceptionally well in Math and Physics. The not so good score in Chemistry dragged my rank down towards AIR (All India Rank) 250, otherwise it would have been in the top 150 ranks. Good bye to Chem. Health foods are the rage here since millennia. I pick up most of my foods from exclusive specialty health food stores that stock global health foods and in the villages and small towns in India most people eat farm fresh organic foods. I can't type anymore. Resting, for some time. Bye.
No need to waste one's time on a conspiracy theory with synthetic additives. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the sufficient explanation.

Add guar gum. Its cheap, it does the trick.

BTW in cooking the term "emulsifier" is different than the strict chemistry definition, I think. You are correct that milk is a colloid not an emulsion.

Location hidden

#75577 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont either, but I respect anyone who works there. I really doubt its by choice.

Location hidden

#75578 Aug 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
ADDENDUM
It appears that Guar Gum et al works as a STABILZER more than an emulsifier in keeping the stuff from melting

http://www.icecreamnation.org/science-of-ice-...
Stabilisers likewise improve the structure, but also the texture (by keeping down the growth-rate of the ice crystals; see above) of ice cream, and reduce the melt-down speed of the ice cream. Their effect is, roughly speaking, very much like that of sponges: they both absorb and immobilise the liquid in ice cream. A traditionally well-known stabiliser for ice cream, also readily available for home production is Gelatin (derived from animal products). Starch is another one (read more about ice cream bases with starch here). and there are also others which may be considered at home (like Agar agar and pectine).

Today, most commercial stabilisers often tend to be various vegetable gums. Some well-known stabilisers are Agar-agar (derived from seaweed; check here for an example of its use in sorbets), Guar gum (from the Guar bush), Locust Bean gum, Xanthan gum (a by-product of fermented cornstarch and a bacteria found in cabbage), Gellan gum (from fermented bacteria), and Carrageenan (from moss and other red algea). There also exist different ready-made stabiliser mixtures composed of one or more of the mentioned stabilisers.

Location hidden

#75579 Aug 5, 2014
ICE-CREAM PARADOX?

Where emulsions are concerned, molecular stability is inversely proportional to temperature and so this would affect the thermal stability of emulsions and in general of the ice-cream mixture they're added to. At 80 deg F, the emulsion-fortified ice-cream should have melted not remained unmelted (as explained above) which thus could indicate that aside from an emulsifier some synthetics could have been added to the ice-cream mix. If a surfactant is added to an emulsion, its kinetic stability would rise meaning that the system would show rise in heat/temperature. But as heat is the total kinetic energy of the molecules of a given system and since temperature is the average kinetic energy of the molecules of a system thus the introduction of a surfactant would abet phase conversion from solid to liquid of the ice-cream mixture. Even if a surfactant is not added, the emulsion-fortified mixture would tend to have a lower melting point or would melt easily since molecular stability of an emulsion decreases with rise in temperature and in the presence of a surfactant it would melt even more readily since surfactant (as said above) increases the internal heat of the system. Emulsions make an ice-cream mixture evenly smooth and prevent formation of ice-crystals. Gum/agar agar would be a thermal stabilizer only if it increases the adhesive forces over and above the cohesive forces among the particles of the various ingredients thereby compensating for increased thermal instability due to greater generation of internal heat and/or due to incoming solar insolation. However, molecular structure of gum/agar, too, is affected by rise in temperature but agar agar has a mp of around 90 deg F which could have kept the ice-cream solid at 80 deg F. With agar agar, gelling takes place between 90F and 110F and so the ice-cream mixture must have been heated prior to cooling thus rendering it heat resistant at 80 deg F given the fact that mp of agar agar is about 90 deg F. But, normal ice-creams that melt at 80 deg F also contain agar agar and so it is surprising that the Walmart ice-cream did not melt at 80 deg F unless a greater amount of agar agar had been added but addition of a greater amount of agar agar would interfere with the process of ice-cream formation that requires that the ingredients are present in the mixture in fixed proportions. In general, these additives help in giving a smooth consistency to the liquid mixtures that they're added to. OTOH, addition of certain edible synthetics would render a mixture thermally stable unless the mix has been fortified with agar. Only Walmart knows why its ice-cream did not melt at 80 deg F when a normal stabilizer-fortified ice-cream should have melted at that temperature. LMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Jun 28 A view from me 3
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jun 26 Wizard_Not 1
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun 24 Wizard_Not 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 23 Tony 619
News About the cover May '15 Bruce Brown 1
News Barshaw on suicide watch (Dec '10) Apr '15 yankeedudell 57
News Hearing set for teen who allegedly shot father ... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Circe 6
More from around the web

Mimbres People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages