Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71943 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75422 Jul 26, 2014
In those days, after Muhammad, Ali was the spine of Islam.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75423 Jul 26, 2014
RAMADAN stands for renewing trust in Allah, setting aside a full month for fulfilling religious obligations, happy family reunions, fasting to feel empathy with the hungry and starving, cleansing one's digestive tract fasting and eating remedial foods, strengthening one's ethical basis and activating one's charity button among other notables. Obviously, none of this is lofty nondualism or sublime yoga leading to self-realization but for the common Muslim it's a great corrective in terms of upping one's thoughts, emotions, words and deeds.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75424 Jul 26, 2014
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice Frijoles runs from the truth, I'am really tired of these fake Jews. The Turah condemns his actions of homosexuality. Watch how this demon tries to squirm his way out of addressing the Turah verse I posted showing his wicked behavior as you can already see he has left the forum to avoid my post exposing him for what he truly is, lets watch this demon when he returns and all will see him for what he truly is an abomination.
Didn't that Jewish rabbi in the first century CE tell you that the second most important commandment was to Love Your Neighbor as Yourself? Therefore, more important that anything in Lev. 20. Didn't he also say "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"?

That having been said, why do you believe that Frijoles commits actions of homosexuality? The only thing Frijoles has said is that he will not judge those who are homosexuals, and he has stated affirmatively that he is a heterosexual. Do you understand that that Jewish rabbi also said that people you give false testimony will not have eternal life:

6 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked,“Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied.“There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied,“‘... you shall not give false testimony,... and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”

So, SamBee, are you going to your concept of hell because you have given false testimony against Frijoles? Maybe you should clean up your own act before you start judging Frijoles.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#75425 Jul 27, 2014
ERIC is another poster who is homosexual - he claims to be married and says he has a son. Evidently, he's bisexual - more gay than straight.

Location hidden

#75428 Jul 27, 2014
MOST HELPFUL ARTICLE

Mudrashram Institute of Spiritual Studies

- Helpful Measures in Dealing with Kundalini Emergencies -

By George A. Boyd © 2004

I will begin this article by quoting from researchers and meditation practitioners who have studied the phenomena of kundalini emergency. I will give some definitions and identify the variety of symptoms that arise during a kundalini emergency.

I will then suggest some ways to deal with this energy when it is aroused and bring it back to its normal state of groundedness.

Google.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#75430 Jul 28, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The sin of Sodom was not what you think it was. You are buying into Christian post-revisionist attribution. Now be a good Apu and get me a Slurpy and a Slim Jim.
Prove that it was not using your version of scripture.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#75431 Jul 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson did NOT write a law. Jefferson wrote a BILL. The BILL was never adopted.
"The proportionality bill, by contrast, has been largely ignored by historians. It did not
pass;"
Drubber, M.D. "'“An Extraordinarily Beautiful Document': Jefferson’s Bill for Proportioning Crimes and Punishments and the Challenge of Republican Punishment." pg. 19 http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm... (retrieved 7/21/14).
You have to stop believing everything you read of the web and start doing some cite checking before you post something.
Son, when you read you should apply understanding. Now understand this, I was NOT quoting my own words meaning I did NOT speak of Jefferson writing a LAW the writer of my quote did.

Observation, the intention of the writer is obvious to everyone with average intelligence and above so why your great challenge?

Now get the understanding of the writer--- Jefferson wrote some words or a BILL that was passed into LAW. GET it, dear Albert E.

Address what comes below.

My quote, "Jefferson in 1779 " wrote a LAW in VIRGINIA which contained a PUNISHMENT of CASTRATION for men who engage in SODOMY"

Tell me why members of your community did NOT protest such a LAW given that the LAW was unconstitutional? Why the inactivity of your community?

This lack of protest, is it because they got a SEXUAL high from being CASTRATED?

Location hidden

#75432 Jul 28, 2014
HUGH is back from a gay bar....
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#75433 Jul 28, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
HUGH is back from a gay bar....
No dear, I have been busting my balls.

Is your "hymen" still intact?
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75434 Jul 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Address what comes below.
My quote, "Jefferson in 1779 " wrote a LAW in VIRGINIA which contained a PUNISHMENT of CASTRATION for men who engage in SODOMY"
The answer Hugh is that you are wrong. The bill never passed. I gave you a citation to a scholarly paper on the subject.

You have offered nothing, whether scholarly or not, in support of your premise that the bill passed.

You can't object to the constitutionality of something never enacted.

Further, you can't object to the constitutionality of something before the Constitution existed.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#75437 Jul 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer Hugh is that you are wrong. The bill never passed. I gave you a citation to a scholarly paper on the subject.
You have offered nothing, whether scholarly or not, in support of your premise that the bill passed.
You can't object to the constitutionality of something never enacted.
Further, you can't object to the constitutionality of something before the Constitution existed.
Understand, Jefferson understood the Constitution better than ALL of your modern lawyers and Judges and hence his BILL to CASTRATE homosexuals.

Also since some foolishly claim that the American Constitution supported homosexuality explain the ignorance of the following lawmakers. In explaining tell me the year when the Constitution was effective. Hint:1789. Tell me why in 7 years after the constitution was effective CONTEMPORARIES of it had an INCORRECT understanding of it and so passed the following LAW..----

"On March 18, 1796, New Jersey passed "An Act for the Punishment of Crimes" that made anyone convicted of sodomy liable to "a fine and solitary confinement at hard labor for any term not exceeding twenty-one years."" 287

Perhaps those lawmakers were too close to the constitution or were CONTEMPORARIES of the adoption and making of the Constitution to understand it. In fact TRUE understanding would come 200 years later by judges who were NEVER born at the time.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75438 Jul 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand, Jefferson understood the Constitution better than ALL of your modern lawyers and Judges and hence his BILL to CASTRATE homosexuals.
Also since some foolishly claim that the American Constitution supported homosexuality explain the ignorance of the following lawmakers. In explaining tell me the year when the Constitution was effective. Hint:1789. Tell me why in 7 years after the constitution was effective CONTEMPORARIES of it had an INCORRECT understanding of it and so passed the following LAW..----
"On March 18, 1796, New Jersey passed "An Act for the Punishment of Crimes" that made anyone convicted of sodomy liable to "a fine and solitary confinement at hard labor for any term not exceeding twenty-one years."" 287
Perhaps those lawmakers were too close to the constitution or were CONTEMPORARIES of the adoption and making of the Constitution to understand it. In fact TRUE understanding would come 200 years later by judges who were NEVER born at the time.
Ah, no Hugh. You have to first show that Jefferson's bill was enacted and then we'll address your other issues. And, there still was no Constitution at the time Jefferson proposed the bill. So how could Jefferson understand a document that didn't exist.

Location hidden

#75439 Jul 28, 2014
The terrorist, racist and illegal state of ISRAEL does not grant public holidays on Christian or Muslim festivals but Jews claim all rights in secular democracies. Yet, Christian nations rush to its aid at the drop of a hate. Shame.

Location hidden

#75440 Jul 28, 2014
Meanwhile, FRANCE is set to open its doors to tens of thousands of displaced Christians from North Iraq who were forced to flee their homes after the ISIS Islamic militants gave them an ultimatum to either convert to Islam, pay the Jizziya tax or face execution.

Location hidden

#75441 Jul 28, 2014
RACISM AND RELIGIOUS FANATICISM OF DEMON WORSHIPPERS

ISRAEL and the ISLAMIC NATIONS treat Christians shabbily and do not permit Christian immigrants into their lands and the Christians who live in these nations are treated shabbily or made to feel like second class citizens and the governments do not even recognize Christian holidays. Christian nations usually open their doors wide to Jews or Muslims seeking citizenship or asylum and the Jews and Muslims emigres in Christian lands soon begin to assert their presence and demand that the law accommodates their religious and cultural rights and openly seek to twist foreign policy favoring either Israel or the Islamic bloc of nations.

Location hidden

#75442 Jul 28, 2014
Christians should better wake up, fast! They are being taken for a ride by Jews and Muslims.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75443 Jul 28, 2014
It appears to be the same as in the US, UK, etc. While others are free to observe their religious holidays, only the religious holidays of the majority are officially recognized. None grant public holidays on Jewish festivals except Israel. Does India grant public holidays on Jewish festivals? Does that make India less of a democracy?

Location hidden

#75444 Jul 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
Does India grant public holidays on Jewish festivals? Does that make India less of a democracy?
India grants public holidays to every religious minority that has a sizable presence.

There are only 3000 odd Jews in India and so there's no official holiday set aside for the Jews.

Location hidden

#75445 Jul 28, 2014
Only in the West and India, Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and Muslims are free to aspire to the highest post of the land without discrimination. In many cases, the governments of these nations go out of their way to appoint persons of religious minorities to important official positions. This is some form of true secularism practiced only in the West and India. You can't expect such illumined practices in Israel or in the Islamic nations.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75447 Jul 28, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
India grants public holidays to every religious minority that has a sizable presence.
There are only 3000 odd Jews in India and so there's no official holiday set aside for the Jews.
Excuses excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Sat dmac2030 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 29 Thumper 47
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul 13 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul 8 American Citizen 4
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
News About the cover May '15 Bruce Brown 1
News Barshaw on suicide watch (Dec '10) Apr '15 yankeedudell 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages