Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#74732 Jun 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Tell me Eric, if God is where you are how do BRING offerings etc to Him?
BRING=take to a place.
Were Burnt offerings to be done in America and in Jamaica and in China and in the land of Dan?
"And THERE you shall BRING your BURNT OFFERINGS, and your SACRIFICES, and your TITHES, and the separation by your hand, and your VOWS and your DONATIONS, and the firstborn of your CATTLE and of your sheep"
You're an idiot.

Do you pray to Jesus while in Jamaica? if so, why?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74733 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>HaShem lives everywhere.
He's in my heart, He's in my soul. He is my breath as I grow old. He's my best friend. He's in my soul.
What! Do you think HaShem has been homeless since 70 CE? Pshaw. He's here, He's there, He's everywhere. So, beware.
Oh, yes. It does sound like America to me.
HughBe---" YOU SHALL inquire after His dwelling and COME there."
Does this sound like America to that counsellor? explain the words.

Eric----HaShem lives everywhere.......

HughBe--- Your response means that America is everywhere, intelligent and honest of you.

To US the honest the quote is referring to a SPECIFIC place.

Try again, Eric.

Location hidden

#74734 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite
Apparently Hughbes interpretations are the only interpretations that are valid.

But tell us something we didnt already know
Eric

Aurora, IL

#74735 Jun 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe----"These are the statutes and ordinances that you SHALL KEEP to perform IN THE LAND which the Lord God of your fathers gives you to possess all the days that you live on the earth."
It is NOT hard so ANSWER THIS---WHERE should they keep the ordinances and statutes? Is it EVERYWHERE e.g. America?
----------
HughBe---YOU SHALL inquire after His dwelling and COME there."
Does this sound like America to that counsellor?
Eric----Oh, YES. It DOES sound like America to me.
HughBe---- COMIC and a deceiver, Eric.
Apparently you Eric have little or NO regard for the intelligence and INTEGRITY of the Jewish people. It takes a FULL IDIOT to believe what you have said. I stand by those words. Anyhow consult and come again and do EXPLAIN the words as you are yet to do so.
Tell me Hugh. If a Temple stood today in Jerusalem. Would believers in the monotheistic G-d of Abraham around the world be required to travel multiple times per year to Jerusalem to observe mitzvot. Don't reduce everything to ridiculous ends. Believers should keep the ordinances and statutes anywhere they might be. America, Jamaica, the North Pole. When the Jews and the Priests were in the midst of the Babylonian exile, did they travel back to Jerusalem to observe the mitzvot? Of course not. They observed where they lived.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74736 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite
WE know that you are an hypocrite BUT that is not the focus. Answer the questions. I shall not be joining you in your sissy quarrels.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#74737 Jun 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Tell me Eric, if G-d is where you are how do BRING offerings etc to Him?
Hugh, I told you HaShem is right next to me. HaShem always has my back. We converse all the time. We talk when I'm at home and when I'm away, when I lie down and when I get up. HaShem is a sign before my eyes.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74738 Jun 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
Do you pray to Jesus while in Jamaica? if so, why?
Try honesty and intelligence. Your sideshow shall NOT derail my points.

I shall outline what the Tanakh says so that even the very simple shall understand. The truth is I have been doing it but I shall do more and CONCLUSIVELY demonstrate that your man Eric is talking TRASH.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74739 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me Hugh. If a Temple stood today in Jerusalem. Would believers in the monotheistic G-d of Abraham around the world be required to travel multiple times per year to Jerusalem to observe mitzvot. Don't reduce everything to ridiculous ends. Believers should keep the ordinances and statutes anywhere they might be. America, Jamaica, the North Pole. When the Jews and the Priests were in the midst of the Babylonian exile, did they travel back to Jerusalem to observe the mitzvot? Of course not. They observed where they lived.
FOCUS, son. Do not add MORE confusion to your already confused mind.

HughBe----"These are the statutes and ordinances that you SHALL KEEP to perform IN THE LAND which the Lord God of your fathers gives you to possess all the days that you live on the earth."

It is NOT hard so ANSWER THIS---WHERE should they keep the ordinances and statutes? Is it EVERYWHERE e.g. America?
----------
HughBe---YOU SHALL inquire after His dwelling and COME there."
Does this sound like America to that counsellor?

Eric----Oh, YES. It DOES sound like America to me.

HughBe---- COMIC and a deceiver, Eric.

Apparently you Eric have little or NO regard for the intelligence and INTEGRITY of the Jewish people. It takes a FULL IDIOT to believe what you have said. I stand by those words. Anyhow consult and come again and do EXPLAIN the words as you are yet to do so.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74740 Jun 26, 2014
I shall be outlining what the scriptures say about where sacrifices etc. should be done so that the currently DECEIVED will be deceived no more. Also the the foolish shall become wise.

I shall not be engaging in the sideshows and the attempts by Eric and Frijoles to DERAIL the points. The fellows have AVOIDED and EVADED my questions in order to promote the CONTINUED DECEPTION of some.

Eric

Aurora, IL

#74741 Jun 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---" YOU SHALL inquire after His dwelling and COME there."
Does this sound like America to that counsellor? explain the words.
Eric----HaShem lives everywhere.......
HughBe--- Your response means that America is everywhere, intelligent and honest of you.
To US the honest the quote is referring to a SPECIFIC place.
Try again, Eric.
You should read Shamma's statement on the essence of G-d and G-d's omnipresence.

But you know what? You sound like the Christians since the 3d Century CE. You have adopted the Roman and Greek idea that deities have fixed location--to them Olympus. Read the Tanakh. HaShem has been where those who believed resided. HaShem was with Adam and Eve in the Garden. HaShem was with Noah on the mountain. HaShem was with Lot at Sodom. HaShem was with Abraham in the desert and on the mountain. HaShem was with Joseph in Egypt [Close every door to me, Keep those I love from me, Children of Israel
Are never alone.] HaShem was with the Hebrews in Egypt and in the desert.

Don't try to put HaShem in a box--or in a building. You can't.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74742 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Hugh, I told you HaShem is right next to me. HaShem always has my back. We converse all the time. We talk when I'm at home and when I'm away, when I lie down and when I get up. HaShem is a sign before my eyes.
Since HaShem is NEXT to you how do you then BRING the offerings etc. to Him?.

Define BRING.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#74743 Jun 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Since HaShem is NEXT to you how do you then BRING the offerings etc. to Him?.
Define BRING.
See, Hugh. It doesn't take much effort on my part then. I only went to the community so that the offering would be devoted to G-d's end of sustenance. The offering was made when acquired.

Annnnnd, it was a whole lot more than you even tried to do. I made an offering to HaShem and then made sure that it went for sustenance to those who needed it. So as that famous Jewish Rabbi once said, "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74744 Jun 26, 2014
Jesus never once referred to himself as RABBI. He was of the opinion that he was an incarnation of a typal being who he thought was God.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74745 Jun 26, 2014
"He who has seen the Son has seen the Father, I and my Father are one."

- Jesus

Location hidden

#74746 Jun 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Try honesty and intelligence. Your sideshow shall NOT derail my points.
I shall outline what the Tanakh says so that even the very simple shall understand. The truth is I have been doing it but I shall do more and CONCLUSIVELY demonstrate that your man Eric is talking TRASH.
You know, I asked a rather simple question.

When you pray to Jesus, is it in Jamaica?

Why the dodge?

Location hidden

#74747 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite
Why is it, according to his interpretation, that we have to bring our offerings (and prayers) only in Jerusalem, but he gets to talk to Jesus in Jamaica?
Eric

Aurora, IL

#74748 Jun 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it, according to his interpretation, that we have to bring our offerings (and prayers) only in Jerusalem, but he gets to talk to Jesus in Jamaica?
Also inspiring was his juvenile response to being called a hypocrite, something like "I know you are but what am I."
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
WE know that you are an hypocrite BUT that is not the focus......

Location hidden

#74749 Jun 26, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Also inspiring was his juvenile response to being called a hypocrite, something like "I know you are but what am I."
<quoted text>
Not surprised.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#74750 Jun 26, 2014
DIVINE INCARNATION: JUDAISM & ISLAM VERSUS CHRISTIANITY

1) Imagine that the God of the Semitic religions is the Absolute state of Pure Potentiality whose innate information content is in terms of Pure Consciousness with its inherent Pure Energy. So, for the sake of argument, let us consider that the anthropopathic God of the religions is the Absolute.

2) Jews and Christians do not accept the concept of the Divine Incarnation since their God is an extra-cosmic entity who despite having no causal connection with the cosmos yet somehow managed to create it from nothing and so logically speaking how can such a God ever incarnate on earth?

3) Christians, too, hold the belief of an extra-cosmic God who created the cosmos from nothing but somehow this Judaic belief adopted by Christianity got mixed up with the nondualism of Eastern Mysticism which does not recognize any extra-cosmic God that's devoid of a causal connection with the cosmos because to the Eastern Mystics the very idea of an extra-cosmic God lacking a causal connection with the cosmos is illogical and besides creation from nothing to them is simply absurd.

4) So, while Judaism and Islam are childish cults, Christianity, on the one hand, believes in extra-cosmicism and creation from nothing, but, on the other hand, it advocates nondualism and divine incarnation. The NT is a hodgepodge.

5) Now, Buford, Christian polemicist par excellence, has been repeatedly saying that this extra-cosmic and creationist deity can do anything including coming down as a man.

6) So, the moot question is this: Can this Absolute incarnate as a man and yet retain its absolute nature in the manifestation?

No.

7) If the Absolute incarnates with its full Sentient Power on earth, it cannot do so directly but will have to incarnate via an intervening cosmic plane which would then condition or diminish its plenary Power and besides most importantly even if the Absolute directly incarnates on earth by bypassing all the intervening cosmic planes then this very act of a direct incarnation would destabilize the terrestrial nature or destroy the earth since the terrestrial nature is not sufficiently receptive nor resilient enough to receive and endure the highest Power coming down on to earth.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74751 Jun 26, 2014
CORRECTION:

2) Jews and MUSLIMS do not accept the concept of the Divine Incarnation.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct 8 Tony 631
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody Sep 24 MR Gold 3
News New Silver City ordinance takes aim at excessiv... (Jan '11) Sep '17 Cookie123 13
News Letters to the editor (Aug '08) Aug '17 floatbeta 4
News Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 5
News Twenty-five car pile-up leaves six people dead Jun '17 Budda Gojkovich 2
News Fiesta Latina heats things upJune 19th, 2017 Jun '17 I love the southwest 1

Mimbres Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages