Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#68927 Mar 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
You've given me your reason but from my side I am sorry to say that I don't trust you.
I find you too much like a whimsical dancing doll whose motion keeps changing each instant.
You're lovable when it suits you but well sincerity is another thing.
If

Show me a guy who can't be lovable when it suits him, and I'll show you a guy who never gets laid.

Of course, I don't mean you.

:))

If you can feign sincerity, you have it made.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68928 Mar 5, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall my pediatrics clinical, isn't it best to just ignore it and allow it to play itself out. Then they usually take a nap with Mr. Blanky.(With thumb in mouth..)
Or, at the end they come back around looking for a big hug.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68929 Mar 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick Moss---I don't like to share.
Former---Though I understand it's NOT part of your religion while it IS part of what JC taught. Missionary work and "spreading the word" is key to Christianity and always has been.
HughBe--- Nicely done and well said.
Thank you, Huggy - hope you are well.

Even though you said I might give you a shot of estrogen.

Do you think I might get your usual dose wrong?

Location hidden

#68930 Mar 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles----You obviously dont understand our political system.
HughBe--- Nevertheless, my knowledge and grasp of it are superior to yours.
Frijoles---LEGISLATURES pass laws, not the courts. They pass lots of laws.
HughBe--- Now genius, please quote my words that support your gross BS.
Help in the form of my words that prompted your idiocy comes next.
Once again, explain why the US Government KNOWINGLY passed LAWS that were ILLEGAL and that VIOLATED the Constitution.(Did I speak of COURTS?)
Explain why the Courts would sentence people for HOMOSEXUALITY when they KNEW that it was not against the constitution.
Finally, the courts now are of inferior quality when compared to the courts when the Constitution was drafted and implemented, in my opinion. As explained before those judges who lived at the time of the framing of the constitution had SUPERIOR knowledge and understanding of its INTENTIONS. Why? They would have been MAJOR contributors to it and so they would KNOW their own thoughts, do you think?(explain CONTRIBUTORS)

Frijoles---IF they are OBVIOUSLY unconstitutional, AND someone cares enough, someone challenges them in court.
HughBe--- Are you really accusing the US Government of being CRIMINAL, FRAUD and IDIOTIC?
Frijoles---In any year, there are hundreds of state laws that get passed, and a certain percentage of them are routinely challenged in court.
HughBe--- Two things, are those laws "OBVIOUSLY unconstitutional" as you have said?
Frijoles---Courts dont pass laws.
HughBe--- Here is a secret, if you know that much then every jackass knows it as well.
Frijoles---The funny thing is, I'd imagine there is the same or similar system in Jamaica.
HughBe--- There is nothing funny about your stupidity. Also, here in Jamaica our COURTS pass laws and the Government interprets them.
Speaking of toddlers, lets restate my post in SIMPLE sequence

1. Legislatures make laws, often laws that are unconstitutional when examined
2. Historically, I am NOT aware of anyone prosecuted for homosexuality, or sodomy, depsite any laws to that effect
3. The job of the courts is discern if a law IS constitutional or not, after passed by a legislature

So, to APPLY those simple points;

Is the US Government of being CRIMINAL, FRAUD and IDIOTIC?

First off, you are confusing Fed government with State government - both have legislatures and both pass laws, but the laws you are referring to are probably state (or local). State legislatures are a branch of STATE government. The court systems are both state and fed - the highest is fed.

Second - passing potentially unconstitutional laws is not criminal or fraudulent (its actually very common). NOR is it even necessarily idiotic. Its how our system works - checks and balances. Legislatures often push laws to the limits because they are not constitutional scholars.

UNLESS the legislative body is aware of its potential inconstitionality beforehand - like what just happened in Arizona with the bill which would legalize discrimination towards gay people. That was IDIOTIC because everyone knew it wouldnt stand a court challenge. The governor vetoed it - so it never got that court challenge.

I see from your post that your government system lacks the checks and balances that ours have. Or you dont understand it.

Location hidden

#68931 Mar 5, 2014
HUggy - Part II

So, I think what you keep missing is that the fact that HISTORICALLY there have been several sodomy or anti-homosexuality laws on the books, specific to certain states, created by their state legislatures.

These laws were, or are, on the books because noone bothered with a court challenge. Once someone mounted a court challenge, or the states got around to rexamining their laws to fend off potential court challenges, these laws were revoked.

There may still be several states with sodomy laws - you can google that if you are interested. Those laws would never pass a court test.

Courts have been consistent on this issue, once they are involved.

Noone bothered with a court challenge 100 years ago (or 200 years ago) because obviously, noone with the power to bring such a law to the court existed. Society didnt care about these issues of equality back then. Thats the fault of society, not the courts.

Location hidden

#68932 Mar 5, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>If
Show me a guy who can't be lovable when it suits him, and I'll show you a guy who never gets laid.
Of course, I don't mean you.
If you can feign sincerity, you have it made.
You cant feign away personality stink.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#68933 Mar 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:

"....Under Islam, Jews were governed by the Pact of Omar. This contract, established in the seventh century, required non-Muslims living under Muslim rule to abide by a host of discriminatory regulations, such as rising in the presence of a Muslim, dressing in distinctive garb, and (re) building synagogues only when absolutely necessary, and then constructing humble structures...."

Probably incorrect, however, the more important question you SHOULD be asking your co-Islamists was when was the last time you have heard of an Atheist suicide bomber?
Ans.

1. Now you are trying to say something about Omar, which he did not even dreamt of!!

Saying that Omar asked Jews to stand up when Muslims arrive (When in fact the Prophet PBUH did not like that people should stand up when he arrived)..

Dressing in distinctive garb?

Re-building synagogues when absolutely necessary?

But they were "much less" than yearly Pogroms and burning Jews at stake for "Killing Jesus" by the peaceful and merciful Christians?

Huh!!

How do you KNOW there are no Atheist Suicide Bombers? How could some one "believing" in God and Hereafter, would kill innocent people?

Creating your own history?

What has happened to you?

You were supposed to be "intelligent"!!
jeffry helms

Berkeley, CA

#68934 Mar 5, 2014
I think we are all being persecuted the Bnai moshe and Beth Shalom drug money laundering that set up and supported the foreign organized drug fronts by washing narcotic money in real estate and wannabe racketeering fronts, profession fraud etc. etc.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#68935 Mar 6, 2014
jeffry helms wrote:
I think we are all being persecuted the Bnai moshe and Beth Shalom drug money laundering that set up and supported the foreign organized drug fronts by washing narcotic money in real estate and wannabe racketeering fronts, profession fraud etc. etc.
A very cryptic post, I think!!

Location hidden

#68936 Mar 6, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Now you are trying to say something about Omar, which he did not even dreamt of!!
Saying that Omar asked Jews to stand up when Muslims arrive (When in fact the Prophet PBUH did not like that people should stand up when he arrived)..
Dressing in distinctive garb?
Re-building synagogues when absolutely necessary?
But they were "much less" than yearly Pogroms and burning Jews at stake for "Killing Jesus" by the peaceful and merciful Christians?
Huh!!

How do you KNOW there are no Atheist Suicide Bombers? How could some one "believing" in God and Hereafter, would kill innocent people?
Creating your own history?
What has happened to you?
You were supposed to be "intelligent"!!
1. You asked for outside sources. I provided them. Pograms came later.(If you read the article you would have realized that) So your analogy is flawed because the comparison is not accurate.

2. Then lets modify my post to say there are scarse examples of suicide bombers PROCLAIMING their crime in the name of atheism. Same point.

As of the rest of the questions - you really need that to ask your brethern, not the atheists. Start with the ones who think Mosques are repositories for weaponry.

Location hidden

#68937 Mar 6, 2014
Instead of wasting our time with a judgement icon, why not reply to my post?(Though I am flattered that you responded at all, of course). Why are you afraid? I won't bite.
jeffry helms

Emeryville, CA

#68938 Mar 6, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A very cryptic post, I think!!
No one is going to figure out the romanian roma asian hasidic's out--those ones go all the way and retire.

Location hidden

#68939 Mar 6, 2014
jeffry helms wrote:
<quoted text>No one is going to figure out the romanian roma asian hasidic's out--those ones go all the way and retire.
Lay off the crank and maybe someone will understand you

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68941 Mar 6, 2014
Strike a match. LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68942 Mar 6, 2014
OBE - hyper parietal lobe activity (gamma wave frequency 40 Hz to 100 Hz) due to an increase in the neuronal EM field amplitude in that region could make some part of the energy field to project outside the brain without at the same losing causal connection with the brain.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68943 Mar 6, 2014
OBE is praxis - the more you practice, the more it comes under the capacity of the conscious will generated in the brain.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68945 Mar 6, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No but perhaps I should consider that.
My mother has suggested the same thing. I enjoy the company of older folks. Always have.
Is it because they tend to be helpless? Is that what heightens your enjoyment?:D

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68946 Mar 6, 2014
Europe, Australia and Japan are well into the post-religious phase. Good.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68947 Mar 6, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Huggy - hope you are well.
Even though you said I might give you a shot of estrogen.
Do you think I might get your usual dose wrong?
Rick Moss---I don't like to share.

Former---Though I understand it's NOT part of your religion while it IS part of what JC taught.

HughBe--- Nicely done and well said.

Former---Thank you, Huggy - hope you are well.

HughBe--- My pleasure

Former---Even though you said I might give you a shot of estrogen.

HughBe--- Actually the estrogen was for Joel as NURSES are DUNCES in his world and as everyone knows dunces do not know to do things CORRECTLY.

Observation, he would be surprised how many nurses are actually much BRIGHTER than himself.

Former---Do you think I might get your usual dose wrong?

HughBe--- I believe that you are confusing me with Frijoles, Eric and Rick as all 3 function as females and so take their estrogen shots regularly. In any event I forgive you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68948 Mar 6, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
HUggy - Part II
So, I think what you keep missing is that the fact that HISTORICALLY there have been several sodomy or anti-homosexuality laws on the books, specific to certain states, created by their state legislatures.
These laws were, or are, on the books because noone bothered with a court challenge. Once someone mounted a court challenge, or the states got around to rexamining their laws to fend off potential court challenges, these laws were revoked.
There may still be several states with sodomy laws - you can google that if you are interested. Those laws would never pass a court test.
Courts have been consistent on this issue, once they are involved.
Noone bothered with a court challenge 100 years ago (or 200 years ago) because obviously, noone with the power to bring such a law to the court existed. Society didnt care about these issues of equality back then. Thats the fault of society, not the courts.
Part 1 was hog droppings and I expect this part 2 is the same. Deal with my response, intelligently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple recounts wilderness ordeal (Sep '09) Nov 12 bullwinkle 24
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony Nov 8 God bless America 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct '17 Tony 631
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody Sep '17 MR Gold 3
News New Silver City ordinance takes aim at excessiv... (Jan '11) Sep '17 Cookie123 13
News Letters to the editor (Aug '08) Aug '17 floatbeta 4
News Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 5

Mimbres Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages