Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,024
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67381 Feb 10, 2014
MUSINGS ON CONSCIOUSNESS: 2

Consciousness can operate into the past, as observed in the experiments involving retroactive intentions.

Electromagnetic signals are not capable of these feats.

Light behaves like both a wave and a particle, yet can be proven not to be either. Photons are the carrier of all EMR. However, photonic behavior - quantum behavior - is completely weird, so we call it a quantum.

However, it could be said that once consciousness emerges due to brain activity it contains its own memory (much like that of a computer) embedded in neurons which could then give it the capacity of reflection or of traveling into the past.

Perhaps, at the highly complicated level of neuronal organization (specifically in the microtubules that can serve as suitable candidates for quantum processing) seen in the human brain, the highly developed consciousness that emerges from quantum phenomena especially involving EM activity supersedes every rudimentary degree of consciousness in nature or in the lower organisms and at this degree of frequency of its EM field is found to deviate from typical behavior of EM by manifesting retrocausality as part of memory as mentioned above.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67382 Feb 10, 2014
MUSINGS ON CONSCIOUSNESS: 3

In the 19th century, Prof Jagdish Chandra Bose showed that metals too displayed similar reactions like sentient beings when prodded, touched, mutilated, subjected acid treatment, etc. In his words, ""Do not these records tell us of some property of matter common and persistent? That there is no abrupt break, but a uniform and continuous march of law?" ( Sir Patrick Geddes (1920), The life and work of Sir Jagadis C. Bose, Longmans, Green, p. 97 [2]).

Evidently, Dr Bose was referring to consciousness that emerges in rudimentary forms as a phenomenon or as an epiphenomenon when matter assumes various stages of organization.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67383 Feb 10, 2014
MUSINGS ON CONSCIOUSNESS: 4

CONCLUSION: It does appear that consciousness (as a rudimentary cognitive phenomenon in terms of the first lights of perception, reasoning, and judgement) emerges at the quantum level in a sea of randomness (lack of pattern or predictability in events). Thereafter, entanglement ensures that matter enters into greater states of organization which can accounts for the finely tuned physical constants which ultimately gives rise to the universe of name and form and at a still greater stage of organization produces sentient forms with nervous systems that get more complex under evolutionary processes until the human brain comes into existence. I view natural selection and mutation as material processes imbued with sentience.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67384 Feb 10, 2014
CONCLUSION:

It does appear that consciousness beginning as a rudimentary cognitive phenomenon emerges at the quantum level in a sea of randomness (lack of pattern or predictability in events). Thereafter, entanglement ensures that matter enters into greater states of organization which can account for the finely tuned physical constants which ultimately give rise to the universe of name and form. At each stage, consciousness develops to a greater degree that corresponds to the stage of organization of matter. At a still greater stage of organization, matter produces sentient forms with nervous systems that get more complex under evolutionary processes until the human brain comes into existence. I view natural selection and mutation as material processes imbued with sentience.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67385 Feb 11, 2014
jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
All ya had to say is ya didn't know!
but I do know.

Location hidden

#67386 Feb 11, 2014
Camels Had No Business in Genesis

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/science/cam...

Camels probably had little or no role in the lives of such early Jewish patriarchs as Abraham, Jacob and Joseph, who lived in the first half of the second millennium B.C., and yet stories about them mention these domesticated pack animals more than 20 times. Genesis 24, for example, tells of Abraham’s servant going by camel on a mission to find a wife for Isaac.

These anachronisms are telling evidence that the Bible was written or edited long after the events it narrates and is not always reliable as verifiable history. These camel stories “do not encapsulate memories from the second millennium,” said Noam Mizrahi, an Israeli biblical scholar,“but should be viewed as back-projections from a much later period.”.......

..........One should be careful not to rush to the conclusion that the new archaeological findings automatically deny any historical value from the biblical stories,” Dr. Mizrahi said in an email.“Rather, they established that these traditions were indeed reformulated in relatively late periods after camels had been integrated into the Near Eastern economic system. But this does not mean that these very traditions cannot capture other details that have an older historical background.”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67387 Feb 11, 2014
There's no evidence to support the historicity of Adam, Eve, Garden of Eden, Abraham, Noah, Lot, Moses, Elijah, David, Jesus and other mythical characters and besides scientific research indicates there never was a great flood and that the story of Exodus is a lie. Quran repeats Biblical lies and so Quran is also a lie.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67388 Feb 11, 2014
Since the exodus is a lie, thus pesach and seder are also lies. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67389 Feb 11, 2014
Religious books are comic books. They have nice entertainment value. LOL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67391 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
A big pile of logical fallacies and straw man arguments from this "xtian philosopher". Don't have the time to tear through it now, but I'm sure you can identify a few.

Past experience has shown me that xtian philosophers tend to be nothing more than xtian apologists. Philosopher, my a$$.

Location hidden

#67392 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Just because some people live on a Island, is no excuse for not knowing the history if their own religion.
Trolls will be trolls.

The funny thing is that I went to parochial school for 12 years and never once had an issue using the X. I've even seen nuns and priests using it.

Location hidden

#67393 Feb 11, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A big pile of logical fallacies and straw man arguments from this "xtian philosopher". Don't have the time to tear through it now, but I'm sure you can identify a few.
Past experience has shown me that xtian philosophers tend to be nothing more than xtian apologists. Philosopher, my a$$.
Honestly, I didnt finish the article - it was too long for my taste - but I thought it was apropro (even if it was illogical) considering our discussions

Much more amused about the article about camels.

Location hidden

#67394 Feb 11, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolls will be trolls.
The funny thing is that I went to parochial school for 12 years and never once had an issue using the X. I've even seen nuns and priests using it.
The funny thing is even IF the use of an X was an intended as a slur, it pales in comparison to the daily barrage of slurs coming from his side.

Location hidden

#67395 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I didnt finish the article - it was too long for my taste - but I thought it was apropro (even if it was illogical) considering our discussions
Much more amused about the article about camels.
Yea, I read about the camels. Other than bible literalists, I don't think anyone else is thinking about this too much. This is non-news as far as I'm concerned.

News Flash: In other world news today, the world-wide flood never really happened, and the earth isn't anywhere near 6000 years old.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67396 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Xtianity
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Xtianity
Etymology[edit]
1634,[1] from Christianity, replacing Christ with the abbreviation Xt (from Ancient Greek &#935; (Ch, the letter chi), the first letter of &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#972; &#962; (Christós,“Christ”)+ t, the last letter of "Christ"). Compare the more common Xmas.
Usage notes[edit]
See also: Xianity#Usage notes
As with Xmas and Xianity, as of the late 20th century this term may be considered informal and potentially disrespectful, though it was traditionally an unobjectionable scribal abbreviation.
References[edit]
^ Oxford English Dictionary, 1884-1928, and First Supplement, 1933
----------
----------
"....1634,[1] from Christianity, replacing Christ with the abbreviation Xt .."
"...though it was traditionally an UNOBJECTIONABLE scribal abbreviation.."
Tell me Einstein, do Christians call themselves "xtians" and do they refer to their religion as "xtianity"? These are the points under consideration and also the fact that they are disrespectful.

In addition, are you saying that the labarum LETTERS are "Xt"? It is my hope that the simple meaning you and Cunti realize that WE are talking about letterS and not just Cunti's "x".

Now in terms of Xmas, who started the use and why? Why is it that in the land of the "FREE" people are AFRAID to say Merry Christmas as was their customs for CENTURIES?

Why do they now write Xmas?

Lesson: In a democracy the Majority RULES be that majority Democrats, Republicans, Christians or HOMOSEXUALS like you. That is how the system works. Now in a Christian country like the US ALL those who do NOT like the Christian tradition must pack their bags and GO elsewhere where they are comfortable. Christians are PERSECUTED and even killed in some of these other places.

Location hidden

#67397 Feb 11, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I read about the camels. Other than bible literalists, I don't think anyone else is thinking about this too much. This is non-news as far as I'm concerned.
News Flash: In other world news today, the world-wide flood never really happened, and the earth isn't anywhere near 6000 years old.
I respectfully disagree. The details are interesting to a lot of people. Much of the other environmental details did pan out. Such as foodstuffs. There are zillions of people fascinated with biblical archaeology. As well as historical ecology.

There are dozens of species (especially birds) listed within that lack adequate correspondence - English translations of Hebrew words that are not uniform between English versions. I would imagine that many of these animals are extinct, or somewhere else geographically - but we have no idea what the Hebrew words are referring to because the gap in knowledge over the ages, as no one paid attention to these things and the ecological knowledge was lost.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67398 Feb 11, 2014
As a matter of fact, I believe and I am saying/PROMOTING the idea that America and the other CHRISTIAN countries should wake-up to the reality of this world and TREAT people of ALL other RELIGIONS the same way that Christians are treated in those countries where those religions are followed by the MAJORITY, of religious persons.

Note, by treat I mean via the use of laws and so you would see such things as some religions being ILLEGAL in the US and elsewhere.

Do unto them as they HAVE done to you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67399 Feb 11, 2014
AN EXPLANATION OF THE CONSCIOUS EXPERIENCE IN THE BRAIN:

In any neuronal ion channel in the brain, the acceleration of ions (mostly Na^+1 and K^+1) driven by the electrochemical force will radiate pulse-like electromagnetic waves. The brain's electromagnetic field creates a representation of the information in the neurons. A singular ion-channel current is about 1 to 4 pA. Now, we know that 1 pA = 10^-12 ampere and 1 ampere = 6 x 10^18 electron charge per second and so about 10^7 ions can pass through a single channel within a second which is its frequency. Each ion passing through a channel will generate a pulse. Now, T = 1/f = 1/10^7. Thus, the interval between two consecutive ions is then equal to 10^-7 second, corresponding to a frequency of 10 MHz, which, scientists say is exactly the same as the frequency of vibration of neuronal microtubules that have the vibrational modes around 10 MHz. Hence, a wireless pathway with feedback loops is established, in this manner, between the microtubles and excited neurons. Conscious experience correlates not with the number of neurons firing, but with the synchrony of that firing. Several neurons should fire simultaneously in the brain - synchronous firing of excited neurons - if effective communication is to be effected. Attention and awareness tend to be correlated with the synchronous firing of multiple neurons rather than the firing of individual neurons. Subjective experience or qualia corresponds to a particular configuration of this EM field. psychotropic substances can alter brain activity that manifest as altered states of consciousness. Damage to neurons results in impairment of conscious activities. Death of neurons signals the disappearance of consciousness.

CONCLUSION: In living beings, consciousness resides in the functional aspect of the brain’s EM field involving feedback loops. Consciousness, at any level of organization of energy bits or in molecules - in strings, in inanimate objects, or in living beings - is not a thing (substance) as the deluded Mystics and ignorant New Agers like Deepak Chopra thought/think. Consciousness is an activity, or an emergent phenomenon, of molecular organization involving EMR. In my exposure to mysticism, I have always experienced altered states of consciousness as higher frequency brain waves, more like alpha brain waves, during the dynamic descent of the high frequency EM waves from brain into the spinal nerves, while trance is more a kind of deep relaxation which borders on theta brain waves of lower frequency merging with the lowest frequency delta brain waves.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67400 Feb 11, 2014
Wake-up Christians and SEE your enemies. There are those that you LOVE but they HATE you in return but you are BLIND and so have not seen this reality.

When your eyes are opened this is what you must do, do EXACTLY to them as they do to you, no more and no less.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67401 Feb 11, 2014
later, my stomach is sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) 6 hr silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep '14 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep '14 Really 12
Mimbres Dating
Find my Match

Mimbres Jobs