Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,148)

Showing posts 42,941 - 42,960 of68,177
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Cor: some Christian sects refer to others as "not true Christians". It's the old "No True Scottsman" logical fallacy.
Idgaf: nothing to do with my mother or father's religious choices. I choose to look and differentiate between catholics and non-catholics. The way of life is quite different. Yes, it may sound incorrect or biased, but it's my bias.
Cor: Same argument I was making. But again, the POSSIBILITY of something existing doesn't make it so in reality. "Feeling" that something exists doesn't make it so in reality. So, where do you draw the line? You "like to think" or "have a feeling" that there is a higher power. And there are people that "like to think" or "have a feeling" about various other things existing, such as Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny, etc...
Idgaf: a feeling ... A thought ... Can you really differentiate? Jesus ... Santa Claus ... The Easter Bunny ... Bugs Bunny ... All characters from stories ... Or are they? Where do you draw the line? Where do I draw the line? Does it matter? Why think about it? Why worry?
Cor: I prefer to focus on the provable.
Idgaf: so u mentioned u r an athiest ... Don't believe in God or a God or a Higher Power ... Were u born an athiest? At what point in time did you begin to question the stories? For me, it was very early on, again, not claiming to be an athiest 'cause I feel there is something out there somewhere ... How did you come to the conclusion that the provable was your mission in life? What provable things matter? Which don't?
Cor: Labels can be useful. Your thinking is not completely unique. I've heard your position and arguments many times before from agnostic theists.
Idgaf: I don't claim uniqueness ... Just being honest and real ...
Cor: Rather than run away from the lablel, you should embrace it, understand it, and perhaps reach out to other like-minded individuals to see how they address the same questions you are dealing with.
Idgaf: I have no need for a label, but thanks ... Honestly, I don't feel a sense for needing to understand this as my position will not change unless I find another position or influence that shows me that my thinking is flawed ... Dealing with the questions, my intent is to pose the questions to you as you've said seeing what others think, but they don't keep me up at night ...
Idgaf: I'm good w saying I don't know, do it all the time ... Why make up a thoguth or a position just to have one?
Cor: So your higher power is nature? Sounds like you're drifting into a somewhat panthesitic worldview.
Idgaf: nope ... My point there is that these things are more powerful and greater than I ... Are they my gods? No ... What causes these things? Does something control them? Provoke them? Is it just the old house creeking and settling in the night (earth)? These are some of the questions ...
Idgaf: I have enjoyed the questions and the discussion to this point. I am glad to see someoen with points not based on stories ...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>

I said things are moving towards equillibrium, not that things are at EQ. I don't explain the changes nor can you. I don't know when EQ comes. Educate me.
Think, a little deeply.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to tell the difference between arrogance and simple stupidity, you're not there yet. We write stuff we don't intend to sometimes. Happens to me all the time.
God in a glass/cube can be tested by raising a child in isolation through full growth. No languages, no religions, no numbers. Pure isolation will most likely yield what the American Indians were or close to it. As long as the great conquistadores don't come and show him/her the errors of his/her way, I think we'd find that the child wouldn't know God. But then again, what if after 18 yrs in the cube, the kid immediately knows God and Jesus? Would be a good experiment, not very nice, but still a good experiment.
I bet we could learn a lot of things and possibly prove some things one way or the other.
I am still looking for someone to explain to me why Jesus didn't manifest Himself to the American Indians and to many others. Doesn't seem to be something that is written in the books. An all powerful God would have reached out to all. Pick Jesus and the Jews to tell the world he was here? I probably have this all mixed up. The catholic religion?
Things to ponder. What if there is no God? What if the stories we read were tainted with man's self-interests? If there is a God, do we expect Him/Her to be like us?
Skipping some pages.
I came upon this remark (apart from things in the torah, the exodus book on when also the mispath i.e. civil law was given, that are called chok, as in can not be understood by mankind, like f.i. shabbos or the parable about the heifer that seems to make what is pure tamei, and what is tamei -unpure- pure.) that Rashi did not mention honour thy father and mother because it was self-evident to do, but at the same time leaving the puzzle as to when that was stated before or even whether that was so self-evident since i take it to mean keep what is good in your tradition and remember that. As in not everything was written down.

I would look at what is left of native-america's traditions to find out what ideas vigorated also in the larger world thousands of years ago. Let's say our genetic forebears.
But as to either kids or gods in a glass (some line in the gospel compares spirit to strong drink) and some people like Hugh Be here who seem to know it all, but live in denial:

The Torah characterizes a person as a sinner against his soul when he denies himself wine in pursuit of a spiritual level that is beyond his grasp.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Think, a little deeply.
I'm still trying to digest the BS on your 17 commandments ... I think I'll pass, but just for fun I'll comment on your 17 crazy thoughts
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Joke: 1) Thou shall not commit incest.
Idgaf: why not?
Joke: 2) Thou shall not indulge in hypogamy.
Joke: 3) Thou shall not indulge in inbreeding.
Idgaf: why not and I think you are being redundant with 1 and 3
Joke: 4) Thou shall not murder
Idgaf: why not? What do you consider murder?
Joke: nor eat the flesh
Idgaf: I smell vegitarian ... And when your legumes no longer grow what do you eat? Why not, other than your crazy mental destabilization. Sounds to me like you are low on preotein, better eat some cow or pork or chicken to build up your muscles all of them.
Joke: 5) Thou shall not undertake animal and human sacrifices.
Joke: 6) Thou shall not perceive Godhead as independent of the Manifestation.
Idgaf: I suppose if you find yourself believing ... Or maybe your supramentalization just lost me here
Joke: 7) Thou shall make self-realization the sacred and highest aim of life.
Idgaf: like how? Specifically why does it matter? The highest aim in life should be to be the best person you can be period.
Joke: 8) Thou shall take initiation from a Master of Self-Realization.
Idgaf: and that would be you or someone like you? So, what have you accomplished to make someone want to follow in your footsteps?
Joke: 9) Thou shall try
Idgaf: really ... What if you just come from a long line of bad bad bad people ... Just whisk away the bad karma via supraM hmmm ... How 'bout adding ... Get off your ass and do something! Expect nothing more than what you do from life. Don't wait for things to happen, make them happen. Work hard. Be the best person you can be for yourself. Etc etc etc and many more
Joke: 10) Thou shall no
Idgaf: I suppose ... Has it interfered with your sex life? Oh, wait, I think one of your commandments might be to not indulge in sexual activities 'cause your weiner might fall off or may introduce bad karma to your hand.
Joke: 11) Thou - males and females - shall not indulge in anal sex as this pervers
Idgaf: how do you know this? Personal trials and tribulations? Really why does it matter who, what or how you have sex? Maybe you should investigate the pressure relief value of sex in general.
Joke: 12) Thou shalt eat vegetarian food that's karma-free and beneficial to the being.
Idgaf: I see where the flawed mind is coming from ... Eat meat!!! It's good for you.
Joke:13) Thou shall not imbibe spirits as alcohol damages the vital organ
Idgaf: Joel, go drink some good beer and maybe it'll put you in a state of Megamentalization. Don't worry about your vital organs too much ...
Joke: 14) Thou shall keep a separate set of clothes for use in the washroom during defecation as
Idgaf: man, I hope you never get the vegitarian runs or you will be bathing all day long ... Really, look at the BS, you are right, it is foul with nasty oders
Joke: 15) Thou shall not pick up weapons
Idgaf: yes, be in your higher state when the bad guy comes to your door with an AK and hope that your stupidmentalization will stop the bullets. I think I'll stick to owning guns and having fun shooting them as desired.
Joke: 16) Thou shall not wear stitched clot
Idgaf: really, how did you come upon this one? Do you wear the Joel bdoy condom?
Joke: 17) Thou shall not wear leather prod
Idgaf: man, you are one strange cat ...
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Joke: 11) Thou - males and females - shall not indulge in anal sex as this pervers
Idgaf: how do you know this? Personal trials and tribulations? Really why does it matter who, what or how you have sex? Maybe you should investigate the pressure relief value of sex in general.
Joke: 12) Thou shalt eat vegetarian food that's karma-free and beneficial to the being.
Idgaf: I see where the flawed mind is coming from ... Eat meat!!! It's good for you.
Joke:13) Thou shall not imbibe spirits as alcohol damages the vital organ
Idgaf: Joel, go drink some good beer and maybe it'll put you in a state of Megamentalization. Don't worry about your vital organs too much ...
Joke: 14) Thou shall keep a separate set of clothes for use in the washroom during defecation as
Idgaf: man, I hope you never get the vegitarian runs or you will be bathing all day long ... Really, look at the BS, you are right, it is foul with nasty oders
Joke: 15) Thou shall not pick up weapons
Idgaf: yes, be in your higher state when the bad guy comes to your door with an AK and hope that your stupidmentalization will stop the bullets. I think I'll stick to owning guns and having fun shooting them as desired.
Joke: 16) Thou shall not wear stitched clot
Idgaf: really, how did you come upon this one? Do you wear the Joel bdoy condom?
Joke: 17) Thou shall not wear leather prod
Idgaf: man, you are one strange cat ...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

COSMIC CYCLES, ENTROPY & THE SELF-EXISTENT UNIFIED FIELD OF CONSCIOUSNESS-ENERGY:

1) Consciousness and energy - that forms a unified field - can neither be created nor destroyed. They move from finer to grosser state and from unmanifest to manifest state in cyclical fashion.

2) Increasing entropy means a corresponding high state of disorder.

3) For the disordered energy to become ordered once again so that the next round of projecting the universe into form can come about, what is the inherent mechanism involved?

4) If the universe is only energy then once all the useful energy is gradually converted into frictional heat via work then there would be no way that this highly disordered state of energy could be made ordered again.

5) What is needed is an innate intelligent principle with sufficient energy at its disposal to set right the disorder in the energy field.

6) Besides, energy by itself lacks precision or motive or order and cannot account for sentience.

7) So, it makes better sense to consider the ultimate reality as constituting a unified field of consciousness-energy that, in partial manifestation, gives rise to the highly ordered universe (with its sentient beings) that runs according to precisely formulated in-built laws.

8) The unmanifest energy remains unified with the unmanifest consciousness both of which which underlie the manifest aspects of consciousness and energy that form the universe.

9) When the energy in manifestation becomes highly disordered at the end of a cosmic cycle and enters a fine state like the one corresponding to the QM vacuum or something still subtler, it is here and at this point that the unmanifest degree of consciousness-energy that underlie the manifest aspects becomes dynamic and infuses the disordered part of the energy and converts it (the disordered energy) into a state of order and as such the next round of the universe is then set into motion.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please STUDY my post as you have not grasped the true meaning of the words.
If I were class conscious in the way that you are speaking I would NEVER have attended those two churches.
I would have gone to churches where the majority are professionals/business people and YES there are those types of churches.
(Recall the churches have a majority of members who are literally semi-literate at best.)
Madam, how like you this play?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Praise be to the 300 odd cheeses of France!

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

ENTROPY & SENTIENCE:

Entropy describes the tendency for systems to go from a state of higher organization to a state of lowest organization on a molecular level. What about entropy on the level of mind, emotions and consciousness?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Consciousness with its unmanifest energy that assumes dynamic form when dealing with the disordered aspect of the unified field of consciousness-energy reverses entropy as it is a masterpiece of organization/organizing ability.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Constant wear and tear leading to a breakdown of organization at the molecular level due to increasing disorder finally forces the consciousness with its finer states of energy out of the brain-body system leading to death of the physical apparatus.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

The potent subtler states of consciousness with their innate energy aspects have the capacity to reverse disorder at the molecular level. Only yogis have direct access to these finer degrees of consciousness-energy.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
COSMIC CYCLES, ENTROPY & THE SELF-EXISTENT UNIFIED FIELD OF CONSCIOUSNESS-ENERGY:
1) Consciousness and energy - that forms a unified field - can neither be created nor destroyed. They move from finer to grosser state and from unmanifest to manifest state in cyclical fashion.
2) Increasing entropy means a corresponding high state of disorder.
3) For the disordered energy to become ordered once again so that the next round of projecting the universe into form can come about, what is the inherent mechanism involved?
4) If the universe is only energy then once all the useful energy is gradually converted into frictional heat via work then there would be no way that this highly disordered state of energy could be made ordered again.
5) What is needed is an innate intelligent principle with sufficient energy at its disposal to set right the disorder in the energy field.
6) Besides, energy by itself lacks precision or motive or order and cannot account for sentience.
7) So, it makes better sense to consider the ultimate reality as constituting a unified field of consciousness-energy that, in partial manifestation, gives rise to the highly ordered universe (with its sentient beings) that runs according to precisely formulated in-built laws.
8) The unmanifest energy remains unified with the unmanifest consciousness both of which which underlie the manifest aspects of consciousness and energy that form the universe.
9) When the energy in manifestation becomes highly disordered at the end of a cosmic cycle and enters a fine state like the one corresponding to the QM vacuum or something still subtler, it is here and at this point that the unmanifest degree of consciousness-energy that underlie the manifest aspects becomes dynamic and infuses the disordered part of the energy and converts it (the disordered energy) into a state of order and as such the next round of the universe is then set into motion.
Long way of saying imaginary energy and lack of order and potential for that.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Hi Baby.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

OPEN VERSUS CLOSED SYSTEMS & DEATH:

Though the body is an open system that exchanges matter and energy with its surroundings, yet the universe taken as a whole is a closed system and so entropy effects are bound to affect the body in the long run and besides friction among body parts and with the environment would also lead to wear and tear and so at a certain critical threshold the body begins malfunctioning and ultimately becomes incapable of containing the innate consciousness and concomitant energy leading to their exiting the body which is a condition called death.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

OVERCOMING DEATH:

If a higher range of consciousness-energy based on the unification principle infuses the body then wear and tear of the bodily parts can be minimized or eliminated and as such the body would constantly manifest a high degree of order in its material as well as functional aspects and in its interaction with its surroundings that as a result would retain the sentient principle in the body thus making death redundant. However, such an immortal body would not be invincible if the power to neutralize the damaging effects of poison and accident is absent or poorly developed.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

DRUGS & SENTIENCE:

1) Mind and emotions can be manipulated by powerful drugs injected into the body through the common line of energy connecting matter, emotions and mind states. Similarly, the individual degrees of consciousness characterizing the body, emotions and mind are also linked and so if one is affected the others are also impacted. Matter, emotions and mind are simply different functional modes or varied vibrations of consciousness and energy. As known consciousness and energy that form a unified field can neither be created nor destroyed.

2) In the frontal personality, the consciousnesses and energies of matter, emotions and mind are so closely mixed up that each influences the other but the higher ranges of consciousness and energy that're resilient to external influences to a great extent stand back from the frontal personality and remain largely unaffected by the dynamics of mind, emotions and matter.

3) If drugs can influence the emotional and mental states of being, then hypnosis, auto-suggestions and meditation can influence the emotions and body and similarly the emotions that form a bridge between matter and mind can influence the body and mind.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

BEING AND BECOMING:

Superior genes, proper diet (strictly vegetarian), eco-sensitivity and good karma connect us to the balanced and uplifting lines of consciousness-energy that lead to life and growth.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Madam, how like you this play?
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Frijoles---The lady doth protest too much, methinks

HughBe--- BattyBoy, I am NOT a lady.

Again---Please STUDY my post as you have not grasped the true meaning of the words.
If I were class conscious in the way that you are speaking I would NEVER have attended those two churches.
I would have gone to churches where the majority are professionals/business people and YES there are those types of churches.
(Recall the churches have a majority of members who are literally semi-literate at best.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,941 - 42,960 of68,177
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mimbres Discussions

Search the Mimbres Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 14 hr troll 23
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn 14 hr mar bear 2
Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... Jul 3 RobertJose 1
Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jun 24 Carroll 16
Mexico City to give out Viagra to men 70 and older (Nov '08) Jun 23 Nealy 82
Gila EDA Roundtable hears updates from meeting ... Jun 23 just asking 1
Drugmaker Pfizer posts 9 percent jump in 2Q profit (Aug '10) Jun 23 Taddeus 51
•••
•••