Old Timers ready for weekend reunion

Old Timers ready for weekend reunion

There are 10 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Apr 14, 2011, titled Old Timers ready for weekend reunion. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

Joe Delk, Co-President of the Luna County Old Timers Association, has been fiddling around the reunion weekend most of life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Que Loco

United States

#1 Apr 14, 2011
I have been to two of these old timers due to class reunion's one of mine and once of wife, Dont you think that they should change the band by now. This band if thats what you call them are like an old juke box just playing the same OLD music, come on guys break down and hire another band. The people just wait around and wait till they stop playing so the local dj can play modern music.

Its time for Change. nothing against the delks but they should realize that one comes to the end and then it's time to just step aside and let someone else take the reins.
For those of you that are going Enjoy!
I bet

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 14, 2011
if it was the Abe delgado band you wouldn't say that
Sally Hossley Bales

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Apr 14, 2011
The format of Old Timers is focused on recognizing families that have contributed to the settling of Luna County and New Mexico. The younger crowd is really the guest of the Old Timers. The music and format fits the primary focus of the event. The fiddle music and program recognizing the families are what Old Timers are about. There are other venues for more modern music but I would hate to see Old Timers move away from its roots and become just another party.
your class

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Apr 14, 2011
Que Loco wrote:
I have been to two of these old timers due to class reunion's one of mine and once of wife, Dont you think that they should change the band by now. This band if thats what you call them are like an old juke box just playing the same OLD music, come on guys break down and hire another band. The people just wait around and wait till they stop playing so the local dj can play modern music.
Its time for Change. nothing against the delks but they should realize that one comes to the end and then it's time to just step aside and let someone else take the reins.
For those of you that are going Enjoy!
The other classes usually get together on their own on Friday night separately. Ex. 50's, 60's, 70's. That is your opportunity to put something together of your liking with your own class.
Que Loco

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2011
I bet wrote:
if it was the Abe delgado band you wouldn't say that
Who is Abe Delgado? Im not the one being prejudice here and I agree with the roots of deming and surrounding area. But surely for the music in this event they can bring aome better entertainment from out of town. Anyways this wont matter to me for I will not be attending anymore of these in the near future. Hope You all Enjoy your Weekend !
I Understand

United States

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Abe Delgado is a local involved in the music field, I believe he also DJ's at events. For those that complain there's nothing much to do in this county, it amazes me when something does come along it's not quite to their taste, change the venue, we want to hear something else, and the complaints go on. I've never attended Old Timers events, but I'm sure there are plenty that do and enjoy themselves. So instead of whining about some events, why not join in, you just may enjoy it.
Sally Hossley Bales

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Que Loco wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Abe Delgado? Im not the one being prejudice here and I agree with the roots of deming and surrounding area. But surely for the music in this event they can bring aome better entertainment from out of town. Anyways this wont matter to me for I will not be attending anymore of these in the near future. Hope You all Enjoy your Weekend !
You have given me something to consider. I am glad you voiced your concern.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Apr 15, 2011
And I'll be there, friends - signing autographs, winning friends and influencing people as usual. Sort of like a Super-hero in sensible slacks.
Eric

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Apr 16, 2011
My belly button is an outtie.
Que Loco

Goodyear, AZ

#10 Apr 18, 2011
Bellcrank wrote:
And I'll be there, friends - signing autographs, winning friends and influencing people as usual. Sort of like a Super-hero in sensible slacks.
is your aka Jack Daniels ? or Chivas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RGM Realty (Mar '15) Jul 25 lol 4
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 24 TWP 72,037
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun 29 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun '16 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun '16 Tiger37 1

Mimbres Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages