Committee plans county centennial celebration

Full story: The Deming Headlight

Luna County Sheriff's Office personnel will wear 110th Anniversary badges in 2011, marking the anniversary of the county's formation in Territory of New Mexico.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Puke

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

The new badges have been delivered -- each badge paid for by the person who will wear it -- from a company in Ogden, Utah. The badges are $70 each, with the dates 1901 and 2011, as well as 1912 (the date of New Mexico's statehood). At the badge's bottom is a silver-colored banner with "110th ANNIVERSARY."

This is how it should be. Pay for your own 70 dollar badge, don't force the taxpayer to pay for it.
I am a star

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

Puke wrote:
The new badges have been delivered -- each badge paid for by the person who will wear it -- from a company in Ogden, Utah. The badges are $70 each, with the dates 1901 and 2011, as well as 1912 (the date of New Mexico's statehood). At the badge's bottom is a silver-colored banner with "110th ANNIVERSARY."
This is how it should be. Pay for your own 70 dollar badge, don't force the taxpayer to pay for it.
I guess when they arrest someone they will say look at my seventy dollar badge it has the year 1912-2011 on it.The person under arrest will say cool dude. Whatever rocks their boat.
WTF

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

What do you want them to spend 10 dollars on a crappy aluminum badge?!
I love the idea of the new badges! Well worth the money!
Old Timer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Judged:

It's not like the badges came out of our tax money, they paid for the badges themselves so don't complain and make stupid remarks. When they start spending tax monies on wasteful things, then you can complain..........Oh, they've done that already haven't they ? OK, now you can complain.
I am a star

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

WTF wrote:
What do you want them to spend 10 dollars on a crappy aluminum badge?!
I love the idea of the new badges! Well worth the money!
Nope... I think that they should spend seventy dollars on their badge its their money and their celebration their department their hard earned money. No problem. I am just glad its not tax payers money or a grant money that should be used for something else.

Does any one have a report on what the extra money for shop with a cop was used for? The last meeting it was not decided and since I give money for the program it would be nice to know what it was used for since only a portion of it was needed for the program this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Mimbres Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mimbres Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••