Barshaw on suicide watch

Barshaw on suicide watch

There are 57 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Dec 27, 2010, titled Barshaw on suicide watch. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

A Deming man in custody at Luna County Detention Center on an open count of murder is now also on a 5-minute watch, 24-hours a day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aragon

Silver City, NM

#44 Jan 26, 2011
if a dog is beaten, starved and otherwise mistreated to the point it becomes a killer we can all feel that it is not the dogs fault that it turned out the way it was. however while we may be disgusted at the factors that have gone into creating this beast from what otherwise might have been a nobel and loving companion, we still put the beast down.

if this kids life was rough, im sorry to hear that.
if he was abused, that is a tragedy.

the sad and simple fact is that whatever may have happened in this guy life has made him into a beast. a beast that has taken the life of a human.

as with any other beast this one needs to be put down.
RacerX

Albuquerque, NM

#45 Jan 26, 2011
This idiot will end up dead too, you will have more kids by other men and I will still support them with tax dollars. Nobody cares and when you are forty living in a run down mobile home with no money, looks or respect you can fondly look back at this time and say "Wow, I thought I was so smart!"
austins baby momma wrote:
LMFAO... ok you all can think what you want.. and i nva said i was related to him.. i was with him but not related to him.. i was there when he was arrested.. i was questioned to.. i was there when that guy died but i didnt see it happen.. i didnt go inside the 5th wheel trailer.. i didnt know the guy died till austin was arrested.. nobody told me.. it was all new to me.. but the guy who killed tim to is still free in deming and i know exactly where hes at.. but the stupid sheriffs department dont seem to care..but what ever.. they'll wish they listened to me when someone else nds up dead cuz of the other guy thats still out there... o_O
austins baby momma

Albuquerque, NM

#46 Jan 26, 2011
|=] blah... hahaha your funny =D well maybe this ''BEAST'' dont need to be put down.. he just needs someone that will listen to all the stuff hes got bottled up inside.. but deming is so poor and off track the people he went to there told him to go somewhere else.. what kind of councilor is that??

now hes finally seeing a doctor that hes in jail..
now they wanna get him help..
thats BS..
I Understand

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#47 Jan 26, 2011
Then you didn't explain it right in the first place. When you said "I was there", of course we think you were there during the shooting, what else would we think ? Now you explain it a bit differently. You also say the other guy killed him and is out there. If that's so, then why did Austin confess that he shot the guy himself ? Something still sounds strange with you and this whole mess, can't say much for the company you keep and think you need someone to help also. Maybe you need to go somewhere else and start fresh. I know you see this one way, saying Austin had a rough life and seems a bit messed up, but no excuse for shooting and killing someone
Real American

Eugene, OR

#48 Jan 26, 2011
I had a hard life too, but I didn't go kill anyone. There's no excuse for doing that, no matter how bad your life was. I chose to be a good person and that was that. Don't blame the teachers, or the community, for what someone chooses to do, when they know it's wrong.

A person is born with a brain and a concience, and can look at the world and see the good. You don't have to be a product of your raising. I didn't!
I Understand

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#49 Jan 26, 2011
Real American wrote:
I had a hard life too, but I didn't go kill anyone. There's no excuse for doing that, no matter how bad your life was. I chose to be a good person and that was that. Don't blame the teachers, or the community, for what someone chooses to do, when they know it's wrong.
A person is born with a brain and a concience, and can look at the world and see the good. You don't have to be a product of your raising. I didn't!
Good for you, you're one of the exceptions. I've known a few people that really had a rotten family life growing up, but they chose to live life in a good way, didn't take the coward's way out and use their upbringing as an excuse. Everyone has choices, just make the right one.
Al Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#50 Jan 26, 2011
Geez...anyone else worried that "austins baby momma" may have produced more loonies like Austin and may produce even more of them? I don't care now if she is related or not. I just hope she is sterile or her boyfriends wear condoms. Her type breeding puts me in worry mode.
austins baby momma

Albuquerque, NM

#52 Feb 16, 2011
Al Reine wrote:
Geez...anyone else worried that "austins baby momma" may have produced more loonies like Austin and may produce even more of them? I don't care now if she is related or not. I just hope she is sterile or her boyfriends wear condoms. Her type breeding puts me in worry mode.

hahahaha that has nothing to do with this subject moron...=P
Al Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#53 Feb 17, 2011
<quoted text>
hahahaha that has nothing to do with this subject moron...=P
Really? If your kid is typical of the type of slug produced by you coupling with lowlifes and getting knocked up, then you need to be sterilized immediately.

BTW....has anyone slipped the guard a few bucks to turn the other way so that baby Austin can string himself up? THat would end this BS immediately.
austins baby momma

Albuquerque, NM

#54 Feb 24, 2011
hahaha found out he only getting sentenced 4yrz... with good time 3......
RacerX

Rio Rancho, NM

#55 Feb 25, 2011
Give you a lot of time to have more kids for the welfare money.
austins baby momma

Albuquerque, NM

#57 Feb 28, 2011
Al Reine wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHA...people who commit crimes like this scumbag did rarely exit prison standing up. Even criminals have a code of ethics. Say bye-bye to your baby Austin. They will beat him to a pulp and fill his heiny up with their lovejuice. RIP baby Austin.
hahaha ur funny....... just cuz u wont last 1 day in prison....=D
Bellcrank

United States

#58 Feb 28, 2011
Austins Sister wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but you have absolutely no right to judge who birthed, reared, or parented Austin. You cannot even begin to imagine what my little brother has been through in his life and the hardships that he has had to endure. I acknowledge that a life was lost, and I feel sorry for what Mr. Bennish's family and friends are going through. However, I feel as though I have lost my little brother, and my mother has lost her son. So before you start "looking at his parents", how about having just a little bit of respect for my family and what WE are going through as well. Not sure if you have children, but just think for a minute about how you would feel if one of yours was in Austin's position and you were reading these hateful and inconsiderate messages about your loved one. You people get on here and run your mouths without giving a thought as to how hurtful and disrespectful it is. And besides, there is way more to this story than what the newspaper is revealing.
Oh but we do, my dear. Parenting is everything.
Bellcrank

United States

#60 Feb 28, 2011
ancient one wrote:
As one who has studied these issues for years I agree that we need to look at out schools. We can choose between better schools or more prisons. Most cops and politicians seem to love prisons as their lobyist pay lots of money to pass harsher laws. I wonder if anyone knows what percentage of the Deming kids end up in prison. Does anyone know, I don't.
Yes, I do agree that we need to get past the idea that one must be born and raised in Deming to be on the school board. Probably most of the board members are decent people but some experience outside of Luna county would be helpful.
All of us need to stop attacting each other and work for solutions.
Most all children before age 4 have in inert understanding that you shouldn't kill people to steal their TV set. That sinks your idea that schools are in any way related to this topic. Aside of that, by keeping school-board members local is a good thing. It ensures tradition and good charachter. It bars the door against filth from the left coast and from the social experimenters from achedemia. Face it Pal, 1968 has come and gone. Move along.
skogiegirl

New Lenox, IL

#61 Apr 4, 2015
Very sad that he only got 4 years! My cousin don't have any mire years to his life! Sicking!
skogiegirl

New Lenox, IL

#62 Apr 4, 2015
skogiegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad that he only got 4 years! My cousin don't have any mire years to his life! Sicking!
By the way, i know this is an old post, but how DARE YOU laugh at such a matter! You think that this is funny? Your just as bad as he is!
yankeedudell

Rio Rancho, NM

#63 Apr 5, 2015
Don't know what happened but when someone says "more to it", I have lived long enough to know there most likely is and jump off any band wagons.
It is a shock to have something like this happen to a family and group of people. He has someone to speak for him and not everyone is graced with that.
Condolences to the family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prior sex offender from Silver City sentenced t... Feb 13 Dan Yardbird 2
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... (Jul '16) Feb 13 rwreck86 3
Confirmed Denny's IS moving into Silver City (Nov '08) Feb 13 FEMA Region lll 29
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 doG mnaDed lyHo r... 72,047
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jan 30 Tony 632
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony Jan '18 C Kersey 2
Officers, Details added to Bascom Suit Dec '17 Bo Degn 1

Mimbres Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages