Numbers say U.S Border is safer (4:18...

Numbers say U.S Border is safer (4:18 a.m.)

There are 7 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Numbers say U.S Border is safer (4:18 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Perspective and location make all the difference. One Luna County resident who lives near the Mexico border says he feels safe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Quark

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2011
Heh, as IF facts and figures ever stopped the fear-mongers! The extreme Right needs someone to scare their constituents in line. First it was terrorism, then it was WMD, now it's illegal immigrants.

It seems they're just not comfortable without their "boogyman."
la mosca

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 10, 2011
The boogeyman is the Border Patrol. Take them off the interstate checkpoints where law abiding citizens travel within the confines of the US and place them ON the border where they belong.

There said, let the knife throwing begin.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Feb 10, 2011
la mosca wrote:
The boogeyman is the Border Patrol. Take them off the interstate checkpoints where law abiding citizens travel within the confines of the US and place them ON the border where they belong.
There said, let the knife throwing begin.
You make the illogical, unfounded, and false assumption that it is either/or. As the article pointed out currently it is both.

'Tis a brilliant solution offered - Take down the Interstate check points so then the traffickers can make better time getting thier cargo to distant cities.
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#4 Feb 10, 2011
Who the fluck is "Numbers" and where the hell do they live???

Is this the same "Numbers" that said the recession was over 3 years ago????

and the same "Numbers" that says the economy is rebounding and doing nicely.....

I think "Numbers" is full of $HIT.......
Get Real

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 10, 2011
Quark wrote:
Heh, as IF facts and figures ever stopped the fear-mongers! The extreme Right needs someone to scare their constituents in line. First it was terrorism, then it was WMD, now it's illegal immigrants.
It seems they're just not comfortable without their "boogyman."
You are not comfortable unless you are misrepresenting the views of the political segment that you do not like. Why is that? Are you the fear monger for the left or just another overly biased ideologue?
la mosca

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 10, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the illogical, unfounded, and false assumption that it is either/or. As the article pointed out currently it is both.
'Tis a brilliant solution offered - Take down the Interstate check points so then the traffickers can make better time getting thier cargo to distant cities.
I made a response to Quark who was blasting the extreme right for fear mongering, alluding to the 'right's' need for a boogeyman. I merely stated that the real fear was from within, i.e., Border patrol checkpoints within the borders of our sovereign nation.

I NEVER assesed, denied, or confirmed my agreement with the "numbers" so in that you are wrong.

I wanted to point out that a BORDER PATROL belongs on the border. How does one confuse the border, which is a line, a boundary where two countries meet with an arbitrary location on major freeways which run east to west, some 60 miles from the nearest border? Like their name says, Border patrol. I say THAT is where they need to be, on the border. If there is a need for drug interdiction on the nations interstates, then perhaps that should be addressed by another entity, and it should be equal across the board all over the country. In other words, why aren't there Border Patrol checkpoints on freeways in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Mississippi? Aren't there illegals there in those locales?--I'll tell you why. Those states wouldn't stand for it.
Real problems

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Feb 10, 2011
LOL wrote:
Who the fluck is "Numbers" and where the hell do they live???
Is this the same "Numbers" that said the recession was over 3 years ago????
and the same "Numbers" that says the economy is rebounding and doing nicely.....
I think "Numbers" is full of $HIT.......
math is a liberal conspiracy or hoax perpetuated by elite communist professors, clearly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mimbres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confirmed Denny's IS moving into Silver City (Nov '08) Jan 18 Edwin 28
News Pink Store Valentine's Day Customer Appreciatio... (Feb '11) Jan 17 Panhead_Mike 10
News Couple recounts wilderness ordeal (Sep '09) Jan 17 gcomp112 20
News Palace Hotel offers historic experience (Mar '08) Jan 11 xela1415 7
News Man released from jail by mistake, still at large (May '10) Jan 6 Shaun Sandoval 33
News Deming man arrested on kidnapping, rape charges... (Mar '11) Dec 30 Silly 35
News Deming MainStreet puts focus on economic develo... (Jan '10) Nov '16 Jackie 53

Mimbres Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mimbres Mortgages