Older Cashier Lady At Dollar General ...
ermas friend

Chapmanville, WV

#21 May 18, 2012
XioX wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...I've seen her act so f'ed up. I'm sorry she has it tough, but life's tough & it sucks...but you can not be falling asleep at work WHILE STANDING UP, eyes all dilated, half closed..and that's almost everytime I see her..
Not trying to be a bitch...but I guess you'll see me that way.
The reason I mentioned 'drugs' is because I've seen others who are taking pain pills or nerve pills and act THE EXACT SAME WAY...same look on their face, everything. THEN, someone said she's on meds that 'make her sleepy'...nerve pills is the first thing that comes to mind. Because docs tried giving *me* the strongest Xanax's they make, after my child passed away. But I turned them down. You can't take them & then go to work & fall asleep, or be SO DANG SLOW when checking people out that just buying one item, took her almost 10 minutes to grab, ring up, take the cash, make the change, give receipt & give me the bag...I mean, seriously.....
oh, I wanted to add, do us all a favor. DON'T SHOP THERE! GO ACROSS THE STREET! IF IT FRUSTRATES YOU SO MUCH, WHY EVEN BOTHER STOPPING IN????

Getting down off my soapbox now.
XioX

Huntington, WV

#22 May 18, 2012
Wow...amazing...IF she hadn't lost someone, she would not have all these people calling me 'heartless' just because I dont think it's right to have to wait 10 minutes on someone who's so [email protected] slow.
That's ok...she'll expect a drug test...cuz I emailed corporate about it..
ON MY SOAPBOX NOW B:TCH
Btw Xanax's take 28-36 days to get out of your system!
XioX

Huntington, WV

#23 May 18, 2012
And don't worry--I'll make it my f'ing MISSION now to go in there, and make sure that I'm not waiting 10-45 mins to get just one thing, or have workers fall asleep standing up...call me f'ing bitter NOW, cuz now I'm giving you a reason too...
I guess I messed up..I shoulda leaned on everyone's sympathies & blamed the bad tragedies in my life, for any and all mistakes I made...
out of line.

Ardsley, NY

#24 May 18, 2012
You called her an addict, or a pot smoker! You just can't go around accusing people of stuff, and get her fired for what you assume. That's why everyone is aggravated, I'm sorry you lost a child:( no one should ever have to go thru that. I commend you on dealing with your pain/sadness without pills. With that being said- as I try to teach my son is: you never know what one is going or has gone thru, always give the benefit of the doubt. Don't just think people are a bitch, or an addict. Maybe, walking a day in her/ their shoes would give you better understanding of why they act like they do! With, her family going thru what just happened I'm sure money is tight.... Just trying to make ends meet! You know what its like paying for unexpected bills. Erma is a very nice lady.
ermas friend

Chapmanville, WV

#25 May 18, 2012
XioX wrote:
And don't worry--I'll make it my f'ing MISSION now to go in there, and make sure that I'm not waiting 10-45 mins to get just one thing, or have workers fall asleep standing up...call me f'ing bitter NOW, cuz now I'm giving you a reason too...
I guess I messed up..I shoulda leaned on everyone's sympathies & blamed the bad tragedies in my life, for any and all mistakes I made...
I would really hate to be you right now.

They say Karma's a b*tch.

Like my Momma always told me as a kid, everything will come back to ya 10 fold.
just so you know

United States

#26 May 18, 2012
XioX wrote:
Wow...amazing...IF she hadn't lost someone, she would not have all these people calling me 'heartless' just because I dont think it's right to have to wait 10 minutes on someone who's so [email protected] slow.
That's ok...she'll expect a drug test...cuz I emailed corporate about it..
ON MY SOAPBOX NOW B:TCH
Btw Xanax's take 28-36 days to get out of your system!
when you go to work, you need to leave your problems outside the door, as hard as that might be when you are working around the public! people go to shop not to hear about everyone's personal problems, especially if they are in a hurry.I am not trying to be harsh, i just know how the r eal world works
heartbroken

Nitro, WV

#27 May 18, 2012
It truely pains me to think that someone would be held up in line at a discount store, taking away from the valuable time they so desperately need to piss and moan online to complete strangers about said wasted time. Is there no justice?

for sure

Saint Albans, WV

#28 May 18, 2012
hey at least the way i see it she is working and holding down a job.more than a couple of people on here that won't work or never have. that the rest of the working people have to pay for them to sit around and run their mouths on here about other people all day long.if you worked for a liveing them you would learn people do get tired .but some sleep half the day and lay around the rest of it.am sure going to the mail box should not wear you out.since that is the only work you do.
ermas friend

Chapmanville, WV

#29 May 19, 2012
I have something to say...then I will bow out of this discussion.

To those who have no tolerance for slow cashiers, just remember you will be old one day too. The society is getting older and older by the minute. More old folks will be working practically until the day they die because Social Security and Medicare will NOT be there for us, who have paid into it almost all our adult lives(those of who actually work). So, we all need to learn some patience when an older person is checking us out at the register, stocking the shelves, or whatever it may be. Seems the younger generation have never been taught respect for their elders. My mom pounded that into me when I was growing up. I guess, since I'm almost 50 myself, that type of teaching went away a long time ago.

Now about tolerance. It is pounded into our children's heads in schools, in the media, on here, on facebook. We are to have tolerance for those folks who are different, live alternate lifestyles, etc. etc. etc. Where's that same tolerance for the older generation? If I went on here spouting some hateful speech (that's what it would be called, for sure) about homosexuals living in sin........oh, my the downfall I would get.(Just using that as an example) I would get a huge lecture from many people about judging, not having tolerance, blah, blah, blah. Where's that same tolerance for Erma?

I guess maybe we should just except what is coming to our society. One day, older folks will just be done away with (genocide) because they are a burden. It can be seen in the younger generations attitude towards older folks now.

I fear for the older folks. There seems to be no love, respect or tolerance for them any more. That's scary to me, because I am just right around the corner from being considered OLD.

I'm done now. I will not say any more.
cry me a hand full

Saint Albans, WV

#30 May 19, 2012
xiox is just one big A hole.someone please give them a pacifier to suck on.i am tired of hearing their worthless bull crap.they probably are just one of the ones that just go around trying to find a excuse to run their mouth.and they sure can do that.cowards usaully do hide behind a screen and talk crap .they need to grow up and get a real life.and i am sure your butt must be as big as your mouth because i am sure all you do is sit on it and cry on here.
A guy

Oakvale, WV

#31 May 20, 2012
Some days people have a hard time. Just because you try to ease the pain with a "Not trying to be a bitch" doesn't mean you can unleash ;) Ya foxtrotting bitch.
yeah

Saint Albans, WV

#32 May 21, 2012
their is always some scum bag s.o.b. crying on here about some one.usaully the ones that have never worked a day in their piss poor f-n live whine and cry on here about others on here that are out working so they can get their lazy ass check every month.some one needs to shove a d--k in your mouth so you cant run your piece of shit worthless low life mouths.
Tired of holier than thou

Nitro, WV

#33 May 22, 2012
Did you ignorant people ever think that this lady may have a medical problem that causes her to fall asleep at inopportune times? You don't have anything else to do except stand in line. What?You need to rush home to make sure you get your welfare card? That comment is not meant for the people that deserve it. There are far too many people that get assistance who should not! I work with the public and see the pieces of crap that get public assistance. They need to get out and get a job!! Stop whining about your "back pain" or "your bipolar disorder". There are people that are worse off than you think you are and they lead productive, fullfilling lives. Quit griping about petty things and get a life.
1 post removed
yes

Saint Albans, WV

#35 May 24, 2012
yes they are cowards on here.they are to weak and scared to run their mouths in public.they are sick little souls looking to be brave but just are not strong enough to be a real person.plus they suck you know whats.lol
ona

Vinton, VA

#36 May 25, 2012
Where did XioX go? She has nothing to say now that someone informed her that she could potentially be identified??? Not surprised.
cee cee

Hurricane, WV

#37 May 25, 2012
golden rule: dont talk about the old lady at the dollar store trying to make ends meet and take care of some children who need it, its bad karma!!
me

Milton, WV

#38 May 25, 2012
I am quite young, myself, and I went months dozing off at work. Never touched drugs in my life and when I finally got around to going to the doc, hypothyroidism was the cause. So, yes, there are medical conditions that can cause drugged-like symptoms in the old and young

“Loyalty Amongst Friends”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#39 May 25, 2012
Xiox wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{she shit her eyes...AND FREAKING FELL ASLEEP STANDING UP}}}}
HA!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love spell check!'She shit her eyes"! Omg that's awesome LOL
SHE SHUT HER EYES is, of course, what that SHOULD say LOL
Shit her eyes...LMAO!!!! Alright WOOHOO....Anyway, could be sleep apnea just saying.
wondering

Saint Albans, WV

#40 May 26, 2012
Wow. You keep bringing up xanax and "nerve medicine. " so what IF she has been prescribed this. If u take a low dose of these meds, you don't act like your high, low, strung out or fall asleep, they just help you cope and deal with your everyday life. There is nothing wrong with taking prescribed meds when u need them. I don't know her personally but I have went through her line before. Can't say she was sleeping though. She is someones mother and if my mother was being trashed on topix, I would be pissed and I think u would too. Think about how u will look and feel when u are 50 or 60, have worked all your life and have the issues in life that have mentioned on here with her daughter, grandchildren, etc. I would be proud of her if she were my mom and doing the things she's doing for her family. You all need to find somebody else to pick on or better yet, get a life or how about a job.
wondering

Saint Albans, WV

#41 May 26, 2012
me wrote:
I am quite young, myself, and I went months dozing off at work. Never touched drugs in my life and when I finally got around to going to the doc, hypothyroidism was the cause. So, yes, there are medical conditions that can cause drugged-like symptoms in the old and young
Same here. I have hypothyroidism and before my doctor got my synthroid right, I was so sleepy all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest D**k In Milton 1 hr Yuppp 2
David Martin 5 hr Robert 3
raeven/brandon shull 7 hr Kasey 16
News Erick Dieckman returned to Cabell County to fac... (Oct '09) 7 hr Concerned woman 22
justin mcdonie&cierra smith (Aug '14) Sat Cierra smith 26
taryne Fri unknown 5
Who is Ben Harshbarger Fri The Last Warrior ... 13

Milton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milton Mortgages