Guy in white work van claiming to be ...

Guy in white work van claiming to be from Omaha Steaks

Posted in the Milton Forum

ATTENTION milton Resident

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jan 31, 2012
Guy in white work van claiming to be from Omaha Steaks was in out neighborhood today. He said that he was there to deliver my order. I told him, I have not ordered anything. He then said maybe it is because you ordered from Schwanns. I said, no I have not ordered from them either. Said it must have been a typo and he would remove my name from the list. I think this is some scam. he smelled strongly like cigarettes.

Omaha steaks does not have employees who go door to door like that.

Anyone know who this person is? It was a White van with KY tags. I was not able to get a tag #, but the van had a boyd county ford decal on the back (i think).

Something does not feel right about this guy.
He he to you

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Jan 31, 2012
I can't believe it smelled strongly of cigarettes!
Surprise at my house

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Jan 31, 2012
ATTENTION milton Resident wrote:
Guy in white work van claiming to be from Omaha Steaks was in out neighborhood today. He said that he was there to deliver my order. I told him, I have not ordered anything. He then said maybe it is because you ordered from Schwanns. I said, no I have not ordered from them either. Said it must have been a typo and he would remove my name from the list. I think this is some scam. he smelled strongly like cigarettes.
Omaha steaks does not have employees who go door to door like that.
Anyone know who this person is? It was a White van with KY tags. I was not able to get a tag #, but the van had a boyd county ford decal on the back (i think).
Something does not feel right about this guy.
Came to my home. Same type of story. He also went to a relatives in another part of town. He's also been doing this in Huntington.

http://m.topix.com/forum/city/huntington-wv/T...

Kinda scary. What up? Anyone else get a visit from this guy? He or "they" DO NOT WORK FOR OMAHA STEAKS. Omaha steaks does not deliver like that. They only use UPS or fedex type carriers.
omg

Ridgeview, WV

#4 Jan 31, 2012
Last summer me and my ex were getting gas at go mart and a guy driving just what you described with ky plates randomly came up to my ex and asked if he knew anyone would would trade large amounts of weed for large amount of steaks. We told him we couldn't help him of course. We just laughed about it then like it was just some goofy stoner steak saleman.... but now I'm super freaked out. I'm certain its the same guy you're all speaking of. Seems to me like he's been "staking" (bad pun) out milton for quite a while now.... why in the world would someone be interested in milton???
be on the lookout

Huntington, WV

#5 Feb 1, 2012
Be on the lookout. They same thing has been happening in Huntington. Anyone else see they guy or have a visit from him?
riley

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Feb 1, 2012
They came out our little county rd a lot! It was always during the day and finally my husband told them to not come back. They were strange people and not clean at all
Egg-plant Judy

Ridgeview, WV

#7 Feb 21, 2012
Any new info on this guy?
Lauri

Hagerstown, MD

#8 Sep 11, 2012
Tsis happened me this evening. Two guys in an unmarked white pickp truck with cab came to my door saying they had one box left. I responded no and why would I want to buy meat off a truck? He goes what does it come off at the store? I said yea ur right but they don't come to my door to sell it to me. Thank God the storm door was locked and my pitbull was by my side. As soon as he saw my dog he started backing up.
really

Charleston, WV

#9 Sep 12, 2012
How creepy.
Someone

Milton, WV

#10 Sep 18, 2012
I had someone come to my house a while back in ona in a white van, not sure if it's the same one or not but i bought 3 big boxes of steaks and other meat from him and used my foodstamps to purchase it!

Was a very nice guy, came in my house and sat down and explained it all to me and gave me a really good deal too.

Nyhow, what's wrong w/ buying meat off a truck, sometimes it's better than what u can get at the store and u can get a good deal on it?

I can't believe everyone's all creeped out over someone selling meat from a truck...wow
scam-b-gone

Omaha, NE

#11 Sep 26, 2012
In Omaha over the lunch hour, just dealt with a doorbell ring and 2 guys in a plain-vanilla new Nissan panel truck, who asked 'Do you like steaks?'. Not sure how he picked us as he then drove off and around the first corner, probably asked some folks down that street, too.
Pete

Melrose Park, IL

#12 Sep 26, 2012
I was known in Milton for laying Meat to all the lonely house wives in town.
Asg

Huntington, WV

#13 Sep 27, 2012
An Omaha Steaks rep has stated this guy DOES NOT work for them, as they do not sell door to door, like Schwann's does. Call the cops, get the license # too, they've been trying to get it.
Todd

Gurnee, IL

#14 Sep 18, 2013
Asg wrote:
An Omaha Steaks rep has stated this guy DOES NOT work for them, as they do not sell door to door, like Schwann's does. Call the cops, get the license # too, they've been trying to get it.
Get a life!!!!!!
lori st louis mo

Hackensack, NJ

#15 Dec 19, 2013
People claiming to be Omaha steaks have been harassing my 85 yr old mother and some of my neighbors. I was at work and they knocked on my door and got inside when my 13 yr old daughter answered the door. This is very scary.
IMHO

Henderson, NV

#16 Jan 27, 2014
Wait, that guy wasn't from Omaha Steak? No more back door meat delivery from him, thank you very much.

But the Schwann's guy is cool, right? We've become more than just an occasional thing.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

The Pit of Unending Horrors

#17 Jan 29, 2014
I buy my meat from the garbage man. You would not believe some of the steaks I have bought for pennies on the dollar. Once you trim the rotten parts off you are left with some fine cuts.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

The Pit of Unending Horrors

#18 Jan 29, 2014
Also, if you have the money, Heck funeral home has some good deals as well. Talk to Don Reynolds and he can hook you up with some excellent steaks.
IMHO

Henderson, NV

#19 Jan 31, 2014
Suddenly Satan wrote:
Also, if you have the money, Heck funeral home has some good deals as well. Talk to Don Reynolds and he can hook you up with some excellent steaks.
Good call. Chewy, but flavorful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Pudge 4,395
Milton has a major drug problem (Jun '15) 5 hr gonnagetcaught 38
Milton biggest cowards 5 hr useless 33
just wondering 14 hr paul 1
Whats up on Glenwood Road ? (Jun '15) Sat Say it 21
inlove Fri Wow 5
Milton Dollar General Jan 18 lol 4

Milton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance