Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#37476 Jan 14, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL not a Tea Bagger Blog this time there are a lot of sited sources for this one. Do you really think anyone is stupid enough to believe welfare people are republicans ROFL
They are. Look at the data, not the online surveys. Of course tea baggers don't admit to being on welfare. They won't even admit to being tea baggers.

Also, it is a blog, and it is by a tea bagger. The word "blog" goves it away.

Why do the blue states have to pay for the red ones? Why are 16 of the 20 poorest states republican?
leighla

Fairmont, WV

#37477 Jan 14, 2014
60 - 80 % of people on welfare are democrats that's a fact jack
welfare recipient bum

Norman, OK

#37478 Jan 14, 2014
yes, its true. the lady at the welfare office handed me a voter registration card and said if I would checkmark the democrat box I would entitled to all sorts of free chit and she told me to never mind where all this came from. if i wanted more free stuff in the future be sure to vote for democrats because they are the party of "change you can believe in". duhhhh .... of course Im going to vote the way the lady told me to. im not a dummy.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#37479 Jan 14, 2014
The sheeple on here want us to believe in their sites they post for it is evidence. But to be fair the people against Obama has done the samething. So when I talk about things Obama has done, I use the major networks including the liberal sites. When they also report Obama's lies and breaking the law it is shrugged off and they love to use past preidents. Two wrongs do not make a right. Then they cry rasism when they can not come up with anything like cowards. Obstruction is a battle cry. But Obama admired Reagan and he was able to reach across the isle because no matter his faults, Reagan was seen as a leader. Hell, even Bush was able to do it and he was a walking moron. Bill Clinton did it to and he did it with flare. Obama has shown no leadership ability. Obama's first act when he became preident was to jump on a plane and travel the world on a apology tour to show weakness right off the bat. How can you apologize for things before your time and those were the times back then on how you did things. Obama does not man up on what he does and that is a fact.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#37480 Jan 14, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys love to pretend that's true. And you love to pretend.
http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are...
Love it! In case they don't know how to click...lol

As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, that's right. Red States — the ones governed by folks who think government is too big and spending needs to be cut — are a net drain on the economy, taking in more federal spending than they pay out in federal taxes. They talk a good game, but stick Blue States with the bill.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are...

This is pew hat we've been saying all along!

Ravenswood

#37481 Jan 14, 2014
As far as I can tell, Bush was able to stimulate the economy for a while using Republican approaches, but at the end of his time in office it entirely imploded. Reagan, same thing. I think the economy had another collapse right after he left office. So, what about the food stamp issue? Why are Republicans so concerned about it?

Charts of food stamp usage show that while a few Democrat led states have high food stamp usage; food stamp usage is highest consistently across Republican states. What does that say about the Republican approach?

To me, it says that the top down, trickle down theory of economics fails the poor. Under conditions where the poor were helped, one would expect that there would be less reliance on food stamps. People would receive short-term support, a little assistance getting on their feet, maybe some job training, or some assistance paying for community college and would be on their way.

If the poor are uplifted even just slightly then they become tax payers rather than living off food stamps. Republicans are angry about food stamp usage because they have failed to uplift the poor in their states. The top down, trickle down, economic approach has broken social mobility in Republican led states. Republicans are angry because their failed economic approach leaves them with fewer tax payers and more people on welfare.
fitness guru

Norman, OK

#37482 Jan 14, 2014
thats a freakin lie melissa. use some common sense. there are more welfare collecting libby trash in las angeles county california than population in some red states. and they voted for jerry bown and obsama to keeep the flow of free chit coming in. my god woman. ya ding-ga-ling.
leighla

Fairmont, WV

#37483 Jan 14, 2014
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
As far as I can tell, Bush was able to stimulate the economy for a while using Republican approaches, but at the end of his time in office it entirely imploded. Reagan, same thing. I think the economy had another collapse right after he left office. So, what about the food stamp issue? Why are Republicans so concerned about it?
Charts of food stamp usage show that while a few Democrat led states have high food stamp usage; food stamp usage is highest consistently across Republican states. What does that say about the Republican approach?
To me, it says that the top down, trickle down theory of economics fails the poor. Under conditions where the poor were helped, one would expect that there would be less reliance on food stamps. People would receive short-term support, a little assistance getting on their feet, maybe some job training, or some assistance paying for community college and would be on their way.
If the poor are uplifted even just slightly then they become tax payers rather than living off food stamps. Republicans are angry about food stamp usage because they have failed to uplift the poor in their states. The top down, trickle down, economic approach has broken social mobility in Republican led states. Republicans are angry because their failed economic approach leaves them with fewer tax payers and more people on welfare.
You would be wrong.

Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.

You have similar results in this recent NPR-Poll. Among the Long Term Unemployed, 72% of the two-party support goes to Democrats.

It appears that once more common sense is right and the impression left by the New York Times wrong. Indeed, people who live off the government disproportionally support Democrats.

Ravenswood

#37484 Jan 14, 2014
Nearly 72 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter of participants are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.
Who knows if these kids, elderly or disabled vote democrat or republican. Do we, as human beings want them to starve. Throw out the politics, just think about the ones who need it.
What do you want to do? NO politics, just answer the question.
leighla

Fairmont, WV

#37485 Jan 14, 2014
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
Nearly 72 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter of participants are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.
Who knows if these kids, elderly or disabled vote democrat or republican. Do we, as human beings want them to starve. Throw out the politics, just think about the ones who need it.
What do you want to do? NO politics, just answer the question.
No but get the facts straight. We have not helped the situation in this country one bit. Full time jobs have went down to part time jobs. We have good seasonal hires but most are layed off and back to square one.
George

Nitro, WV

#37486 Jan 14, 2014
All hail our dictator in chief, the mighty King Obama. With a swoosh of his pen he decrees how it will be.
==========
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- President Barack Obama said on Tuesday he would not wait for Congress to pass legislation to advance his policy priorities this year and said he was "getting close" to finishing a review of U.S. surveillance practices - to be unveiled on Friday.
Obama, speaking to reporters during a cabinet meeting at the White House, foreshadowed his upcoming State of the Union address and what appeared to be a new messaging strategy by emphasizing his ability to take executive actions without approval from lawmakers.
"We are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help that they need," he said.
"I've got a pen, and I've got a phone. And I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions ... and I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life," he said.

Ravenswood

#37487 Jan 14, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
No but get the facts straight. We have not helped the situation in this country one bit. Full time jobs have went down to part time jobs. We have good seasonal hires but most are layed off and back to square one.
Leighla, I am getting the facts right and that wasn't the question. What do we do with the children, elderly, and disabled? They can't work. Do we let them starve?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#37488 Jan 14, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep blocking jobs bills. See if that helps.

Ravenswood

#37489 Jan 14, 2014
George wrote:
All hail our dictator in chief, the mighty King Obama. With a swoosh of his pen he decrees how it will be.
==========
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- President Barack Obama said on Tuesday he would not wait for Congress to pass legislation to advance his policy priorities this year and said he was "getting close" to finishing a review of U.S. surveillance practices - to be unveiled on Friday.
Obama, speaking to reporters during a cabinet meeting at the White House, foreshadowed his upcoming State of the Union address and what appeared to be a new messaging strategy by emphasizing his ability to take executive actions without approval from lawmakers.
"We are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help that they need," he said.
"I've got a pen, and I've got a phone. And I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions ... and I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life," he said.
Oh come on, get a friggin life.
leighla

Fairmont, WV

#37490 Jan 14, 2014
Top secret Benghazi documents prove Obama administration 'knew about terrorist attack within minutes'

•Newly declassified testimonies about what happened among Pentagon officials the night of the Benghazi attack on September 11, 2012 have been obtained by Fox News
•The documents show the U.S. military found out about 15 minutes after the attack - which killed four Americans - that it was an act of terror and communicated that to the Obama administration
•However the government - including Obama and then-U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, who were in the throes of the 2012 US Presidential election - maintained for two weeks afterward the attack started as a protest against an anti-Islamic film and turned violent

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25390...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#37491 Jan 14, 2014
leighla wrote:
Top secret Benghazi documents prove Obama administration 'knew about terrorist attack within minutes'
•Newly declassified testimonies about what happened among Pentagon officials the night of the Benghazi attack on September 11, 2012 have been obtained by Fox News
•The documents show the U.S. military found out about 15 minutes after the attack - which killed four Americans - that it was an act of terror and communicated that to the Obama administration
•However the government - including Obama and then-U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, who were in the throes of the 2012 US Presidential election - maintained for two weeks afterward the attack started as a protest against an anti-Islamic film and turned violent
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/05/13/...

When did he ever deny it was an act of terror?

Ravenswood

#37492 Jan 14, 2014
Bengazi again. I give up! Totally.

Ravenswood

#37493 Jan 14, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep blocking jobs bills. See if that helps.
The children, elderly and disabled aren't about job bills. No one will answer me. Do we just let these folks starve?!!

Ravenswood

#37494 Jan 14, 2014
And this is the welfare you have to worry about.

http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/ite...

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#37495 Jan 14, 2014
leighla wrote:
You haven't answered Melissa's question yet, Leighla. Benghazi is not the answer to everything You don't know the answer for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name some hot guys in milton 10 hr jerk 54
Mandelkas 10 hr Tony 1
top tots daycare (Jul '14) 14 hr wvgirl 2
Lisa smith 23 hr Lisa 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Thu knot 1,765
Terry Boling Jul 21 lol 43
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jul 21 Crowley 1,375

Milton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milton Mortgages