Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#23745 Aug 23, 2013
Here is why the lunch program changed.

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/97...

Location hidden

#23746 Aug 23, 2013
Part of the reason that ammunition is in short supply is the increased activity of our armed forces. Two wars and the panic over an assumed ammunition shortage will do that. Not sure why anyone with an opposing opinion needs to be called a "dumb tea bagger."

Level 1

Location hidden

#23747 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh. Everybody get their tin foil hats. Here come the conspiracy theories.
Look it up. No conspiracy here just facts.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#23748 Aug 23, 2013
Nowhere does it say that the law gives people the right to own weapons of their own choosing. Absolutely nowhere. Clearly, the law as written, when it was written, could not foresee advanced weaponry. If you want to stick with the original intent, go buy a musket because that was what the original intent covered.

A well regulated militia does not on the face of it mean you have the right to own any gun you choose. That's just utter nonsense.

The fact is, you are arguing something that has not even been proven to be true and assuming that your right to own certain weapons will be limited.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I want to stay with the intent of the law, which was to allow people to have the weapons of their own choosing. There are no restriction written into the Constitution, so obviously the intent was no restrictions. If they had wanted to government to have the power to restrict certain types of weapons of their own choosing, they would have included that power in the Constitution.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23749 Aug 23, 2013
I don't need to look it up. I've seen the ramblings of the lunatic fringe. I've also presented you two well-written articles that present another point of view. Perhaps you should consider those as well.
Draculassa wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up. No conspiracy here just facts.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23750 Aug 23, 2013
Night Crawler 104 wrote:
Part of the reason that ammunition is in short supply is the increased activity of our armed forces. Two wars and the panic over an assumed ammunition shortage will do that. Not sure why anyone with an opposing opinion needs to be called a "dumb tea bagger."
Well actually, I called them the lunatic fringe, but thanks for reminding me that the lunatic fringe is populated by dumb teabaggers. Everybody has the right to an informed opinion. The key words there are informed opinion.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23751 Aug 23, 2013
Draculassa wrote:
Here is why the lunch program changed.
http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/97...
Good news.

Rush Limbaugh agrees with you.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/10/...

That's something to be really proud of.
Arthur

United States

#23752 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Before this conversation goes totally into the realm of Alex Jones conspiracy theories, here are some more "facts" you might want to consider:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/...
Problem is these "facts" come from the government itself, which has been proven to lie at will.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23753 Aug 23, 2013
I have a much bigger problem with one political party doing everything they can to make sure the kids get NOTHING to eat than I do with Obama's attempt to get them to eat healthy.

I can't get outraged over an attempt to introduce healthy foods to kids when there is a political party out there doing everything they can to shut off all school lunches.

Priorities.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/08/16/...
Draculassa wrote:
<quoted text>
I really wish you could actually see what the kids are eating for there lunch. We have tried everything to get it changed. I am all for the fruit and veggies and no sweets. But young kids need more protein. We have hungry kids here and it is no joking matter. There are more kids on free lunches in this state then ever before. Kids getting the food is not the problem.
Arthur

United States

#23754 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Nowhere does it say that the law gives people the right to own weapons of their own choosing. Absolutely nowhere. Clearly, the law as written, when it was written, could not foresee advanced weaponry. If you want to stick with the original intent, go buy a musket because that was what the original intent covered.
A well regulated militia does not on the face of it mean you have the right to own any gun you choose. That's just utter nonsense.
The fact is, you are arguing something that has not even been proven to be true and assuming that your right to own certain weapons will be limited.
<quoted text>
The Constitution was written to specify what powers the government DOES have. If something isnth there, that means they do NOT have the legal authority under the Constitution. Since no restrictions were mentioned or impled, the government does NOT have the Constitutional authority to restrict weapons. As usual you have thing backwards because that is the only way it fits your argument. Once again, the Constitution is specific in it intent, and that is to grant the governments the ONLY powers it has. If it isnt in there, they do NOT have that legal power, period.

Level 1

Location hidden

#23755 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news.
Rush Limbaugh agrees with you.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/10/...
That's something to be really proud of.
I don't care who came up with this idea it is wrong. I don't care what Rush has to say about it. You don't understand this is not just to complain about the current administration. If Lora Bush came up with this I would feel the same way. We are talking about hungry children do you think they care who came up with this lame plan.

Location hidden

#23756 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually, I called them the lunatic fringe, but thanks for reminding me that the lunatic fringe is populated by dumb teabaggers. Everybody has the right to an informed opinion. The key words there are informed opinion.
I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to Bacon Hater. However, some people are more informed than others, but being less informed doesn't necessarily make you a lunatic or dumb.

Level 1

Location hidden

#23757 Aug 23, 2013
When Michele Obama feeds her kids the same thing for lunch at there private school then I will agree with you. I have seen there menu and it is a lot more food than these kids get.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23758 Aug 23, 2013
And the government is not stopping you from owning a gun, so what exactly is your point?

Actually, what doesn't fit your argument is the fact that the government is not stopping you from owning a gun. Not at all. You can still own a gun.

Next.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution was written to specify what powers the government DOES have. If something isnth there, that means they do NOT have the legal authority under the Constitution. Since no restrictions were mentioned or impled, the government does NOT have the Constitutional authority to restrict weapons. As usual you have thing backwards because that is the only way it fits your argument. Once again, the Constitution is specific in it intent, and that is to grant the governments the ONLY powers it has. If it isnt in there, they do NOT have that legal power, period.
Weird Harold

Ashburn, VA

#23759 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
I have a much bigger problem with one political party doing everything they can to make sure the kids get NOTHING to eat than I do with Obama's attempt to get them to eat healthy.
I can't get outraged over an attempt to introduce healthy foods to kids when there is a political party out there doing everything they can to shut off all school lunches.
Priorities.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/08/16/...
<quoted text>
Quoting Todd Aiken and spewing left wing rhetoric. I have been gone all day but I see that I haven't missed anything.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23760 Aug 23, 2013
Well then maybe republicans should stop cutting funding for the lunch programs and maybe then we could give the kids a better lunch. At this point, all we can do is give them as much nutritious food as we can afford. When we finally get rid of republicans, maybe we can improve the school lunch program.
Draculassa wrote:
When Michele Obama feeds her kids the same thing for lunch at there private school then I will agree with you. I have seen there menu and it is a lot more food than these kids get.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23761 Aug 23, 2013
Yeah, it kinda does. We all have the right to vote and it is our responsibility to be an informed voter. We owe that to our country. These people that get all of their information from blogs, Alex Jones, and Rush Limbaugh are a danger to our country and our freedoms.
Night Crawler 104 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to Bacon Hater. However, some people are more informed than others, but being less informed doesn't necessarily make you a lunatic or dumb.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23762 Aug 23, 2013
My point is that you are worried about what kids have to eat with the school lunch program. My point is that at least they have something to eat. Republicans are trying to put an end to that. Isn't that a bigger problem?
Draculassa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care who came up with this idea it is wrong. I don't care what Rush has to say about it. You don't understand this is not just to complain about the current administration. If Lora Bush came up with this I would feel the same way. We are talking about hungry children do you think they care who came up with this lame plan.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#23763 Aug 23, 2013
Weird Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting Todd Aiken and spewing left wing rhetoric. I have been gone all day but I see that I haven't missed anything.
Todd Aiken presenting facts. The important thing is what is being reported. Not who reported it.

Would you feel better if it came from Rush Limbaugh?
Arthur

United States

#23764 Aug 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
And the government is not stopping you from owning a gun, so what exactly is your point?
Actually, what doesn't fit your argument is the fact that the government is not stopping you from owning a gun. Not at all. You can still own a gun.
Next.
<quoted text>
The government has been attempting to limit what kind of guns I can own. That is NOT a power granted to them in the Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
druggies in milton (Sep '11) 7 hr emily 14
Bobbie Fugate Sat yes 5
Hatfield Sat For you 13
Obama is a hemorrhoid for america (Nov '12) Fri Carpenter 5
Drug dealers on ridge part 2 May 22 Ya did 4
Terri Porter May 21 Edgy 9
kelly thomas May 21 type 1
More from around the web

Milton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE